I can't believe how well I'm doing

Options
I really didn't think that I was going to survive yesterday....And I didn't think that it was going to be this exciting as well as accomplishable (is that a word?).

Yesterday, I had a lot of stressors being thrown at me. It seemed heightened. I wasn't able to run to my comfort foods. I took every single advice I got from here. I was so nervous and really on the verge of what it felt like, going nuts (mildly probably). I fought it tho. I wanted to badly to go to the store and buy some cookies...but NO! I went other places. Met with people.....slowed down....and when I went to the store to buy dinner...I bought NOTHING unhealthy. I was so proud!

I'm on day #3 of this diet. I feel satisfied and already starting to feel more energy. I'm really excited about all of this now.

Thank you everyone for your support!

~Kathy

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I really didn't think that I was going to survive yesterday....And I didn't think that it was going to be this exciting as well as accomplishable (is that a word?).

Yesterday, I had a lot of stressors being thrown at me. It seemed heightened. I wasn't able to run to my comfort foods. I took every single advice I got from here. I was so nervous and really on the verge of what it felt like, going nuts (mildly probably). I fought it tho. I wanted to badly to go to the store and buy some cookies...but NO! I went other places. Met with people.....slowed down....and when I went to the store to buy dinner...I bought NOTHING unhealthy. I was so proud!

I'm on day #3 of this diet. I feel satisfied and already starting to feel more energy. I'm really excited about all of this now.

Thank you everyone for your support!

~Kathy
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Yay for you!!! It is a good feeling!

dd
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Great Job! Sometimes it really is a one day at a time kind of thing!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Good for you! Remember you're not on a diet. You are working on life improvement! :smile: (Diet is a bad, bad, curse word!:noway: )
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :drinker: :smile:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    LOL.....yeah....no diet....life improvement..I like that better....:flowerforyou:
  • its time for change
    Options
    That is so great!! Keep it up!!:flowerforyou:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Whoo who! good for you! Its really helps to think "Do I really want this more than i want to be skinny?" I had a hard day yesterday (BIG birthday party with yummy junk food) but i thought about it and didn't cheat one time!!:noway: Thats like amazing for me! Its so nice to hear someone went though the same thing as me :smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with diet being a bad word. You are making a lifestyle change and it is sometimes going to be a bumpy journey but eventually the road smooths out when new things start to become habits!

good job resisting old habits!:happy: