Replies

• pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sapphire and Rose!!:blushing:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    my total today is 150 minutes of cardio and strength mixed.
  • awestfall
    Options
    I burnt a total of 2200 calories today on my elliptical .
  • Matterafun
    Options
    I burnt a total of 2200 calories today on my elliptical .

Wow! Way to go!
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    I did 35 minutes with light weights and the stability ball today. Not sure what that counts as!:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    15minutes of strength training for me today:drinker:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    30 minutes strength training plus other stuff. :smile:
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    Tues- 30 mins
    Wed- 45 mins

WTG everyone on this challenge! Lets keep up the good work.

I feel extra motivated this week as im noticing most of my clothes dont fit anymore! So that is definitely exciting!
  • danigirl
    danigirl Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi All,

Mind if I join you? I'm really looking for more people to keep me accountable and this looks like a great group!

I started in January at 263, and last friday I weighed in at 255. I will just be ecstatic to get under 200, but my big long term goal is around 160.

I LOVE lifting heavy weights but can't stand cardio. So right now my goal is to burn at least 500 calories doing cardio in addition to any weight lifting I may be doing each day.

Exercise wise, I am completing the Chalean Extreme program and am in the last week of the second phase. Today I did weights for about 35 minutes and for cardio I did a Turbo Jam dvd for about 50 (and burned 650 Calories doing it!)

Dani

75290.png Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dani. :smile:
  • sapphire092170
    Options
    61 min, 3.52 miles on the treadmill today burned 572 calories...
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    I feel extra motivated this week as im noticing most of my clothes dont fit anymore! So that is definitely exciting!
    WTG Pink! The clothes not fitting anymore is such a great feeling!:drinker:

Welcome Dani!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Welcome Dani!!

WTG Pink!!! That is my favorite part of losing weight. Clothes getting losser and getting to go buy some new ones. Keep up the great work everyone!!

I am super excited I just joined a gym on Tuesday.:happy: So I did the elliptical for 20 minutes on tuesday at level one and did 20 more minutes last night at level two. I know 20 minutes isn't that long but I am working my way up. Didn't really realize how out of shape I was:grumble: . My goal is to be at 199 by april 19. I know that is a tough goal but I know with this site and the support I can do this.
  • awestfall
    Options
    140 minutes of cardio and resistance training
    Lost another pound 227 today!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    20 minutes strength training today :drinker:
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This challenge really indicates how much more specific strength training I need to do!

This week I have hardly done any.

Sun - 15 mins
    Tues - 15 min
    Thurs - 45 mins

Check in weight for today - 93.2kg (205.5lbs)

I didn't set up more goals, but my goal is to lose 1kg/week so that is what I am sticking with. I had a dissappointing week last week, I did all the right things and my scales stayed put. But they are finally moving down again so I am more upbeat.
  • awestfall
    Options
    repost for today i did 155 minutes of cardio and strength training.
    227 today hopefully by Monday I will be 223
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You all are doing awesome on this strength training challenge!!! It was almost 60 degrees outside today so I walked for an hour... yeah spring!!!
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    oh i feel like i'm such a slacker on all the challenges and i need to start working out its totally my fault but i've been finding it a little hard to find time
    i work until 5 i come home planning on working out but than i see something that needs to be cleaned so i clean it than my husband gets home so i cook dinner than i clean more or play with my dogs
    and this week has been harder because i'm on that time of the month and i don't know about anyone else but it has been making it harder for me to work out
    i am going to do better i promise my selt :wink:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Welcome, Dani!

While I didn't do any strength training on Wednesday, I made up for it today by doing 70 minutes of the Cathe Muscle Max workout. It's all strength, weights and abs, but really gets your heart pumping, so it's like getting a strength and cardio workout at the same time -- and it burns a lot of calories, too. I like that!