Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i lost 130 5 years ago, gained back 50 over the past 2 years.

it happens.

I'm unlikely to check back on here all the time (though sometimes I surprise myself) but I do accept friend requests.

I workout 3-5 times a week. usually. not always. i do my best.
    I rarely drink water (I drink things all day long, but water comes in many forms)
    I don't follow macros, if it fits in my calories, its fair game.

my profile has a lot about me, in my opinion but I am (VERY happily) married, live on a farm, my world revolves around my dogs and livestock, and, well.... that's it. LOL
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all. Fell off the wagon hard this last year. Lowest weight 2 years ago was 143 and I have crawled back up to 167. Haven’t been this heavy in ages. Well today is back on track day. Eating and exercise. My goal weight is 140 right now. Would love to get there by August. Love the treadmill and bench pressing. Plan for this week is to stay within calories and to get back to working out.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi @callsitlikeiseeit and @renaegry amd welcome!

Checking in for yesterday, which was a Good Day. I weighed in at my pre-Christmas weight, which means I’m back to 10kg until my GW. Wish it could have kept coming off over Xmas but that wasn’t realistic.

While on holiday we’re all walking a bit more. Lots of frosty mornings and clear blue skies at the moment to tempt us out. Work starts back next week (I’m retraining to be a secondary teacher) but in this quasi-lockdown it’s hard to imagine what that will be like! Fingers crossed it goes well.

Happy new year to you all. I hope it has started well for you x
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining this group? I successfully lost some weight 11 years ago (having reached my highest ever at 180lb around my 30th birthday, but having been overweight up and down through my 20s - linked to mental health), I got to 160lb, had a baby and then got into a good place and got down to 131lb which was a really comfortable weight, I had a second baby, lost the weight easily again, maintained for a couple of years and then it started creeping back up and I'm back up 15. I've been trying for the last 5 years now to shift it again and I just cant stay consistent. I start off well and then fall off the wagon again. I'm pretty good at exercising, just eat (and drink) too much...

Age 41
    Height 5'3"
    CW 146
    GW 126-130

My plan is no restrictive diets, just healthier choices , sticking to calorie goal (portions and stopping snacking in the evening, plus a break from alcohol...), keeping up good exercise habits and drinking plenty of water.

I live in the UK (wiltshire) and am fortunate to be in the countryside so lots of space to walk and run on my doorstep - although it's been muddy and then icy the last few weeks so a bit more restrictive! My kids are 7 and 10.

Sorry for the really long post and detail that is probably not interesting to anyone, really looking forward to some shared accountability!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i took my measurements this morning.

i instantly regretted it LMAO

I would regret it MORE if I went back and compared to 5 years ago though, so .... nope. not gonna do that.

Just keep moving forward LOL
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Stood on the scale yesterday morning, and can announce that I am officially at the highest weight I have ever been. I haven't run since Thanksgiving due to a lingering cold -- and at that time, I was within 11 pounds of my goal. However, the real culprit is not the lack of exercise, but the unlimited eating and drinking throughout the month of December.

And my wife is depressed, which makes me depressed, and we both address it with food. By 3pm yesterday, I was half into a bottle of wine and a baguette, and the unfettered eating continued for the rest of the day.

I'm intrigued by this discussion thread. Hopefully, I can pick up some motivation to turn all of this around so I can fit into my suits again.

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    Options
    Welcome @tinybry and @SweatsOnSunday!

@tinybry youre just down the road from me: I’m in the Cotswolds. Hope you enjoyed the snow today? We had a lovely walk near Stroud in the unexpectedly lovely weather.

@SweatsOnSunday sounds tough but wow within 10 lbs of goal?! If it’s gone on fast it will come off fast too so expect you’ll be having some quick wins this month.

@callsitlikeiseeit hahaha at least now you have the measurements you’ll be able to watch it all coming off. I didn’t take measurements at the top and now rather regret it.

Today is a raging hunger day. I know it’s because I’m back to a deficit after some rather indulgent days over Xmas, and that if I can get through it I will stop being hungry. However literally EVERYTHING in the kitchen is calling my name. The apple I caved and ate just won’t cut it. Fingers crossed I hold out till dinner. Fish and sweet potato chips 😍.
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi all! checking in. Welcome to the new folks!
    I swear my weight is teasing me - I was down to 230.1 yesterday (I'm so excited to get into the 220s) and had a great day, but this morning I'm up to 230.4. I know it's just normal variation, but I'm so ready to be out of the 230s! Yesterday I went for a lovely walk to & around a local park with a lake, just under 3 miles altogether. I topped off the mileage at home on the treadmill so was able to cross off 3 of my 1000 miles I'm aiming for this year.

@callsitlikeiseeit - I just took measurements last night. I can relate to your regret - ouch! But - I'm hoping it will give me another way to gauge my progress.

@ClearNotCloudyMind - I'm soooooo hungry this morning, so your "raging hunger day" comment caught my eye. I ate too many calories for breakfast, so will try to have a light lunch and dinner, but I have a feeling it's going to be a rough day. I need to find things to keep me busy so that I don't keep poking around the kitchen out of boredom.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Afternoon all. Hope everyone is doing well. Just finished today’s workout. Did 40 min on treadmill incline of 2.0 and speed 3.8. Then did day 1 of a 28 day core workout thru mfp and a strength mobility Fitbit coach workout. So far my calories should be on par for the day. I try not to eat all my workout calories but usually dip into them abit.

@SweatsOnSunday that sounds like my December. Are and drank everything. lol Not at my highest weight right now but haven’t been this heavy in many years.

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    First run of the new year. Streets were dark and quiet, the temp was about 30, and the rain held off despite the prediction of a wet morning. It was lovely.

And the scale is coming down, which is great. I'm still bloated from the holidays but I will take whatever progress I can make.
  • tinybry
    Options
    Hmmm,I wrote a reply yesterday that I obviously failed to actually post 😂 sorry.

@ClearNotCloudyMind hello! Yes pretty local then, although far enough away for us to have had sleet not snow sadly! Very muddy walk and run yesterday and another muddy walk today. Obviously being a bit further south in Bradford on Avon area is half a degree warmer!

@HealthyTrent fingers crossed for a drop into the next weight band for you ASAP,I never fully understand all the wobbles, but do appreciate each new low when it arrives!

@renaegry @SweatsOnSunday great workout motivation, thanks! I domt have a treadmill, but if I really cant get outside (living in the countryside limits safe runs in the dark) I'm trying not to make that an excuse and get some bodyweight in (or a fitness blender workout or similar from youtube).

Today has been tough for me, I've had to work much of the day and j think day 3 of being on the health waggon means I am also feeling hungry and missing the G&T or wine to mark the start of the evening! Going to look for something absorbing on the TV to keep me distracted later...
  • renaegry
    Options
    Good day all. Just got back from an outdoor 5.75 km walk. Gorgeous day here today 4C.
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit been there lol but think about adding your measurements again in 3 months and you'll feel great looking at the comparison.
    @SweatsOnSunday there are lots of similar stories in this thread, but keep going and you will hit that goal. Relapsers are gonna be success stories in 2021
    @HealthyTrent I was with you yesterday in the bad eating department (I had ice cream for dinner...a lot of it) but today is a new day and we are gonna kill it

Starting week 5 of Body Revolution this week and I know that if I can stick with my diet I am going to see big improvements, the only problem is that I have not stuck with my diet lol. I also made the background on my phone my "before" picture. I know it sounds weird but I need some new motivation to remind me to keep moving forward. I tried a new healthy instapot recipe from MFP for dinner at work today and had some pretty healthy shrimp tacos for lunch so if I can avoid sugary snacking I'm on track for a good day.
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just popped back in to say I went on a lovely 4 mile (6.4 km) walk today, it took just over an hour and 20 minutes. Nothing very speedy, but it felt good. I've walked outside 3 days in a row now - I suspect I won't continue the chain consistently once the work week starts given the late sunrise/early sunset we're still seeing, but that's what the treadmill inside is for. :)
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Options
    Good evening all!

@HealthyTrent no idea what to say to the family history except for how truly sorry am to hear what you’ve lived through, and how impressed I am with the strength you’ve consistently shown on here. Taking a day to mourn in whatever way works for you is not only human, but right. Hugs.

Great job on your walks/jogs, and @renaegry and @SweatsOnSunday! We did a shortish and very muddy walk nearby. You know, the kind of walk where the shoe is twice the weight from the mud clinging to every side. Had a bit of a sick headache so it wasn’t particularly aerobic, but great to get fresh air in before the kids return to school tomorrow.

I think all the walking we’ve been doing, gentle as it is, has given me the raging hungers. Will be interesting to see if it subsides or whether I’ll have to raise my calorie goal and accept slower losses.

Best of luck to you @tinybry and @Gold6767 in keeping strong re the hunger. This too shall pass!!!
  • tinybry
    Options
    @HealthyTrent sending some light your way, well done for getting out for a third day in a row. Every positive day or action is proof that you are not constrained by any particular pattern - well done for being kind to yourself. I can't imagine what you have been through, changing those habits and patterns (especially for those of us who have always relied on food to manage emotions) is hard. It's not all or nothing, each little step, or positive choice is worth celebrating and each less good choice or tough day is just that - it doesn't mean all is lost. Take care.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Ah sorry I was MIA the past few days, for the life of me I cannot get the "community" feature on my MFP app to work, and my laptop isnt working so I had to wait until I got to work to be able to log back in!

For the most part I had a successful weekend, went above my calories a bit last week but on average I was below my TDEE which hasnt happened in awhile so I am counting it as a win! And if I count my "net calories" I wasnt that far off from my goal!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I've survived the holidays and am back full swing!

Kicking depression via takin my iron, combat anemic lethargy, sleeping and I got myself a Switch Lite and bluetooth audio converter so I can workout in the bedroom while the husband plays on the big screen. It worked great yesterday!

My mom is the kind who says "Monday starts my regime!". I've given up that method and gone to the method of just starting that day, Even if it's just a little start. Yesterday was my day 1 so to speak. I worked out and showered and after a weekend of sleeping in and sleeping long, I'm doing great!

I'm sure my stupid depression sluggish laziness will hit- these baby hormones are real fun- but for Now, I'm going to keep going forward.

I'm starting at 226 lbs. I'm going to not think about how many lb per week I'm dropping. My objective is to workout every day, 5/7 for sure, a minimum of 30 min (300 cal burn). Showering and getting the house in order with food and work balance... is gonna be Fun aha.

My mom leaves us in 3 weeks, so we are on our own after that! Gotta get a system in before that, and I hope to make headway before March.

I'm glad you guys are still sticking to it!! We survived well enough I think! Cheers everyone!!! LET'S ROCK 2021!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Options
    Seriously @dukare you are doing amazing. I can remember when a shower needed to be planned and negotiated for (my first was a high maintenance baby!). Bravo on working out and celebrate every win! 9 months on... 9 months off. You’re way ahead of the curve 👏

@laurenebargar welcome back after your weekend. Below TDEE is still winning...

I had a lovely day, last of my holiday really. Reading up ready for starting at my new school on Friday. Looks like I may not get there for a while - the PM is waffling on as I type - but we need to act as if life continues. Today’s dinner was a luxurious lasagne which the family devoured. So proud I managed to keep to a small portion and stayed under.

Oh, national lockdown. Yay.