Change my mind

1101112131416»

Replies

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Bulking is nothing more than getting fatter and then trying to lose fat when cutting for 99% of those that do it. Why bother having muscle at all if its just gonna be covered in fat half the time. You're more anabolic when leaner anyway.....stop it.

Well a 'bank' full of PhD's that train world class athletes, crossfitters, bodybuilders & NFL players state that bulking works best for muscle building for 99% of the people, and 'recomping' only works for overweight newbies. Check out Dr. Mike Israetel @ 'Renaissance Periodization' and Dr. Eric Helms at 3DMj, which run some of the most advanced muscle building research on the planet.

World class athletes, body builders....yup. powerlifters yup.....average people nope. Most dont do it with the aid or even the want to of PhD certified knowledge. All the world class athletes....and the few others doing it correctly, dont make up even 1% of people lifting, and "bulking". If your workout consists of 1 hour out of 23, 4 or 5 days a week, if you have never sniffed being lean before, if by bulking it means overeating crap by more than 1000 calories a day than maintenance......dont do it.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    FWB is the same as dating without a commitment. Both are doing fun things (+), are open ended, and have little, to no, agreed upon structure.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    FWB is the same as dating without a commitment. Both are doing fun things (+), are open ended, and have little, to no, agreed upon structure.

Except dating doesn’t necessarily imply sex and FWB does. I think
  • slessofme

I would argue that most dating happens with the hope that there will be some sexual aspect. Sometimes later in the interactions than one party prefers. I'm not saying that there's an expectation, just that sexual attraction typically plays into decision making when it comes to asking/accepting a date.
  • twitchandshout

I would argue that most dating happens with the hope that there will be some sexual aspect. Sometimes later in the interactions than one party prefers. I'm not saying that there's an expectation, just that sexual attraction typically plays into decision making when it comes to asking/accepting a date.

Yes, true. But I imagine non-committed dating to be a period of sampling different people until one has found a person worthy to have sex with, at which point the relationship becomes somewhat more exclusive and committed.
  • slessofme

Yes, true. But I imagine non-committed dating to be a period of sampling different people until one has found a person worthy to have sex with, at which point the relationship becomes somewhat more exclusive and committed.

That's what I imagined too until I started dating again. I quickly realized that was not necessarily the case. I have added a question about what getting physical means to them and what expectations they would have of the relationship. The response I get most often would put emphasis on the "somewhat" in your "somewhat more exclusive and commited".
  • twitchandshout

That's what I imagined too until I started dating again. I quickly realized that was not necessarily the case. I have added a question about what getting physical means to them and what expectations they would have of the relationship. The response I get most often would put emphasis on the "somewhat" in your "somewhat more exclusive and commited".

Emphasis should be on “imagine.” 😂 I have no real life recent experience and I respect your unchanged mind.