Anybody else deal with food dilemmas?

Options
0atmeel
0atmeel Posts: 160 Member
edited January 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
For example, I have an apple pie in the fridge from the holidays. Do I ignore it and let it go to waste or take one for the team, go over my daily calories and just eat it so it's gone and I no longer have to see it in there?

Replies

• 0atmeel
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    No dilemma here. At 12:01 on 1/1/21, every molecule of pre-New Years junk food went straight into the bin.

Whoa! That's pretty hardocre!
  • 0atmeel
    Options
    millerjr5 wrote: »
    No dilemma here. At 12:01 on 1/1/21, every molecule of pre-New Years junk food went straight into the bin.

Whoa! That's pretty hardocre!

I'm hardcore LOL I have to be. I've lost 90 pounds but have a lifetime history of insane binging before that. The way I keep it under control is, whatever the hell transpires on Day X, it stops at midnight on Day X and doesn't get carried into Day X+1. Then I wake up, get on the scale no matter how demoralizing, get on an exercise machine, and start all over.

You wouldn't believe how much crap we binned at midnight - probably saved myself two pounds of fat gain.

90 pounds? That is amazing! Great job, I like your tactics! Ever watch The Office? Reminds me of the weight loss episode lol.
  • 0atmeel
    Options
    I put my piece of peach pie in the freezer, along with some bagels, pumpkin bread, etc. Will bring it out in a few weeks when I’m craving a dessert.

I crave dessert whenever I see one lol.
  • 0atmeel
    Options
    sulwen314 wrote: »
    I would eat it in small pieces, making sure to fit it into my daily calorie plan.

That is disclipline right there! 😊💪
  • Frodobaggins29
    Frodobaggins29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I’d portion it up and freeze it if you’re just calorie counting or have a cheat day like some do 👍
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    trash!
  • 0atmeel
    Options
    Update.....I finished the pie. There was 1/2 of a pie left and I said F-it. Now I have a stomach ache this morning and I regret it but there is some good news from this.
    1. I don't have any left, so it is finally all gone.
    2. When I eat something that upsets my stomach, I tend to keep that feeling and will not eat that food again. When I was a kid, I loved Big Macs from Mcdonalds. When I was 12, I ate the dryest Big Mac you can imagine. It was so gross. Now when I see one, I think of that moment and how nasty it tasted. I am 42 and its been 30 years since I ate a big mac. I think this will have the same effect.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    millerjr5 wrote: »
    I put my piece of peach pie in the freezer, along with some bagels, pumpkin bread, etc. Will bring it out in a few weeks when I’m craving a dessert.

I crave dessert whenever I see one lol.

It helps me to put trigger foods where I cannot see them.

I would have recommended cutting it into serving sizes and freezing it, but I see I'm too late ;)