Replies

• Frodobaggins29
    Frodobaggins29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I’m hungry 😋
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about women supporting women.

I wish more women understood that another woman’s beauty and accomplishments does not diminish your own.

I wish women would stop acting as though men and attention from men were a rare resource. For cryin out loud, they’re everywhere.

When we encourage other women to be confident in the skin they’re in, does that include women who are conventionally attractive or only women we think of as “not a threat.”

I’m not trying to start an argument but I’ve noticed some peculiar things around the Internet and maybe a little hypocrisy within myself.

I am way better at encouraging women of all body types and aesthetic, than I am at doing the same for men. (usually because the assumption is that I'm somehow hitting on them).

I think it's important for women to lift each other up, instead of tearing each other to shreds. It's the crab mentality. It's time we cut that shizz and help each other up!

P. S. To all genders... I am not saying these things cuz I want something. I say them to encourage, to motivate, and because I mean it.
    All true.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    It’s becoming so difficult not to worry constantly about my mother.
    93, still drives just fine, takes care of my 56yr old handicapped brother.
    Time has finally caught up to the stubborn old woman and she’s having a hard time accomplishing certain things, multitasking is a no go these days.
    I have to help clean her house, answer questions about things that she seemed to know just yesterday.
    Stupid Kung Flu hasn’t helped, the isolation seems to have made her age even faster this year.
    Like I said, I’m having a hard time not worrying about her constantly.

I feel this acutely. It's so hard to see our parents getting older. I think the hardest day was when, during quarantine, my mom called and asked me to come help pick my dad up off the floor. He'd fallen while using the washroom and he was too weak to get up, and she couldn't help him. It broke my heart to see his pride so damaged.

Big hugs to you and your parents. I hope we all make it out of the other side of this virus ok.

And I am so glad your mom has you there to help her. ❤️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

I wish more women understood that another woman’s beauty and accomplishments does not diminish your own.

I wish women would stop acting as though men and attention from men were a rare resource. For cryin out loud, they’re everywhere.

When we encourage other women to be confident in the skin they’re in, does that include women who are conventionally attractive or only women we think of as “not a threat.”

I’m not trying to start an argument but I’ve noticed some peculiar things around the Internet and maybe a little hypocrisy within myself.

No one told me what the conventions were and if they did I wasn't taking notes. And is it a humble brag to say I'm not threatened by the way a person outwardly presents (whether dress, personality, physique, etc)? "All is vanity" and this for us all.

That said - hot take ahead - I often avoid threads started by a single person which then gets a lot of attention (for a post focused on one of their personal needs as opposed to general conversation meant for all to partake in). Why? I figure why pile on when I can channel energy to someone else who may want/need their post paid attention to as well.
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    It’s becoming so difficult not to worry constantly about my mother.
    93, still drives just fine, takes care of my 56yr old handicapped brother.
    Time has finally caught up to the stubborn old woman and she’s having a hard time accomplishing certain things, multitasking is a no go these days.
    I have to help clean her house, answer questions about things that she seemed to know just yesterday.
    Stupid Kung Flu hasn’t helped, the isolation seems to have made her age even faster this year.
    Like I said, I’m having a hard time not worrying about her constantly.

Your worry is valid love and concern. Do remember to take care of yourself too 🤗 Is she aware of her cognitive challenges though?

• twitchandshout
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

No one told me what the conventions were and if they did I wasn't taking notes. And is it a humble brag to say I'm not threatened by the way a person outwardly presents (whether dress, personality, physique, etc)? "All is vanity" and this for us all.

That said - hot take ahead - I often avoid threads started by a single person which then gets a lot of attention (for a post focused on one of their personal needs as opposed to general conversation meant for all to partake in). Why? I figure why pile on when I can channel energy to someone else who may want/need their post paid attention to as well.

I was worried about that wording. I don’t really want to define it, but I know it when I see it. Maybe because of the nature of this site we can say “not overweight” to begin with.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »

I agree.

I would add that praise (by said non-rare men) is not exclusive either, meaning if they say they like eyes and a great spice rack, they aren’t automatically demolishing you if you’re an unspicy cyclops
    Excellent point. Damn it, stop making me more self-aware.
  • MaltedTea
    Options

I agree.

I would add that praise (by said non-rare men) is not exclusive either, meaning if they say they like eyes and a great spice rack, they aren’t automatically demolishing you if you’re an unspicy cyclops

Unspicy...cyclops...?? 😭😂
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I want to do my first overnight hiking trip this summer. I am currently accepting thoughts, ideas, advice on everything from what the heck you call that kind of hike to how to train to how to outfit myself correctly while spending as little as possible.

I currently lift and walk. I own shoes. TIA

You might consider setting up your camp close to where you can drive to, and then hiking away and back to your camp...instead of hiking far out, setting up camp, sleeping, breaking camp, and returning.

I would try setting up your tent before you go, and if possible get to your destination and set it up before it gets dark.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    CaramonM wrote: »
    I want to do my first overnight hiking trip this summer. I am currently accepting thoughts, ideas, advice on everything from what the heck you call that kind of hike to how to train to how to outfit myself correctly while spending as little as possible.

I currently lift and walk. I own shoes. TIA

You might consider setting up your camp close to where you can drive to, and then hiking away and back to your camp...instead of hiking far out, setting up camp, sleeping, breaking camp, and returning.

I would try setting up your tent before you go, and if possible get to your destination and set it up before it gets dark.

I’m thinking of camping with a group and then hiking out with just one or two so we’d have emergency personnel nearby 😂. Do you think that might be workable?
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This thread frightens me.

tenor.gif?itemid=14759618

Sure, take the easy way out
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This thread frightens me.

tenor.gif?itemid=14759618

Sure, take the easy way out

Is there any other way ?
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I agree.

Unspicy cyclops

This tickled me in such a way that I snorted and made myself wheeze like a merry kettle with asthma