Jewelry

Options
13»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    Wow! What beautiful pieces, @RunsWithBees and @AnnPT77 ! Thanks for sharing. <3 I wish I had your talent.

Thank you!

Truly, it's less a matter of talent, more a matter of learning some craftsy skills. Basic earrings, necklaces and bracelets are quite easy to make, and require skills that anyone can learn in a few hours. A basic earring set with a commercial earwire and simple dangle is less than a 10 minute effort. Usually these days, I make my own ear wires, so I can have more interesting shapes, so maybe another 10 minutes.

The biggest obstacle to getting into it is needing a couple types of specialized pliers, a crimping tool, and a set of flush cutters, which requires maybe $15-40 or so per tool, depending on quality.

I won't try to say it's a money savings overall for me, because now I can't resist so many pretty beads and stones, so I have quite a stash of those, and various tools (I'm very tool-crazed, sadly - beyond necessity).

@RunsWithBees, I love what you did with those drilled shells (such a nice shape), the almost ethnic-looking necklaces . . . and your simple loops are beautifully uniform. Nice!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    6u95pbzsyo3k.jpg

My hubs had this tanzanite piece made for me a couple of years ago. Its one of my favorite pieces.

Beautiful! I love it. 😻
  • beagletracks
    Options
    I’ve been seeing a lot of ads since I searched for jewelry online and today I saw one from the UNICEF store, which I’m sharing here because it looks like a great place to order gifts.

https://www.market.unicefusa.org/

uh7dgg0ostb7.jpeg
  • chappyhm
    chappyhm Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    On the one hand, these rings look pretty tiny and fine lined, which is really suitable for the girls with any finger types. Are there any earrings similar to the rings? I guess, they would look really unusual on my ears. However, not sure if they're still there. Btw, I've recently discovered earrings singapore which are pretty qualitative. What's more, they're pretty affordable. I've ordered luxe2807, they would match this ring. Perhaps, I'd buy this ring as well. The earrings I've purchased are really comfortable to wear and the quality is extraordinary for just $40.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    g4wpxwd7n9sw.png

I asked for a september birthstone (my son's month) set, my husband got me something very similar to this with a matching necklace for Christmas.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I also like alot of the stuff lisa leonard design has. I ordered myself one of these with our family info:

169a4180.jpg
  • beagletracks
    Options
    g4wpxwd7n9sw.png

I asked for a september birthstone (my son's month) set, my husband got me something very similar to this with a matching necklace for Christmas.

Lovely!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    1rufkth26l08.jpg

I found these a few years ago in an antique store in Paris.

The saleswoman asked me if they were a gift, I told her no, that they were just for me.

After I paid she put them in a velvet bag, then into a decorative box and began to tie a bow on it.

I told her that wasn't necessary. She looked straight at me and said "Madame, these are a gift to yourself! Of course it should have a bow!"

One of my favorite memories of the trip.

I like 👌
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    This is a necklace and two pairs of earrings (only one of each in photo) that I made for a friend for Christmas. The 3 chunky rough beads are garnet (deep red) with some greenish matrix, the smoother irregular moss green with reddish beads (and some same-color round and rondelle ones) are dragon's blood jasper, the clear crystals and clear round beads are quartz, and there a few tiny round garnet beads in there, too. Same things in the earrings, with some sterling silver. Kind of crummy photo (with fuzz on the black velvet! 😬🙄🤣), but I was rushing because late in getting it finished and needed to wrap it. If I forget to photograph things I've made, I kind of forget what I've given to people.
    arxe8bv0a23k.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Everyday wear, you know..... chicks dig it.

il_794xN.2624790894_b1js.jpg

il_794xN.2464917907_iu3t.jpg

il_794xN.2528340139_dum6.jpg