Your favourite at home workout

2»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I do Sydney's daily workout. It's usually strength, but today was cardio. Here's what I've done so far today(all free on YouTube)
    Sydney's cardio https://youtu.be/nTrvyS8UsmU
    Christine's kickboxing
    https://youtu.be/ww8ktBiJZp4
    Karla's step
    https://youtu.be/mnYZwL24LQ8
  • benhmorris63
    benhmorris63 Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2020
    We live in an apartment with a fitness room that has dumbbells, treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike. In my apartment, I have a chin-up bar, a yoga mat, a couple of lightweight dumbbells, and some resistance bands (these are great and cheap!). Working out in the apartment, I'll do push-ups straight or prop my feet up on a chair, squats holding the weights, a variety of chin-ups using different grips, arm exercises with the bands, planks dips using furniture, etc. I try to get as creative as possible with what I have to work with. My wife and I also walk and hike a lot. You don't need a gym membership to get moving.
  • scott_90345
    scott_90345 Posts: 17 Member
    Have you ever experienced that the lack of motivation often become the problem when you left the healthy routine. I mean if you're living your day with your full potential and you're trying everything you can to achieve your fitness goals. There might be no any reason for the lack of motivation, but if there occur some odds or you change your lifestyle then lack of motivation can fill your day with increasing stress about your health. I think everyday is the gift and live everyday with full potential to keep your mind motivated.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I take pole dance classes via Zoom 2-5 times a week. However, I’m sure you don’t have a pole installed in your home since it’s probably not a form of exercise you’ve done before. But I would look up dance classes on YouTube and rock out with the kids. That way you’re getting your workout in and it’s wearing them out so they sleep better that night. Or check around to see if local dance studios are doing zoom classes. I have a friend who takes hip hop classes from a studio via zoom weekly.

I just got a spin bike this week and I’ve been using it with the Peloton app and I definitely see why people rave about the app. I haven’t completed any of the workouts that don’t require the bike yet, but they have strength, yoga, running, boot camp, and meditation classes. The meditation classes are great if you need to fall asleep. Right now if you sign up it’s free for 2 months. I think the promo ends on 1/31/21. But you could give it a try free of charge to see if you like it.

Youtubers I used to really like, fitness blender, gymra, yoga with Adrienne, body rock, athlean x (he made a post about working out from home with normal household items).

Some equipment you can look into that doesn’t take up a lot of space: a TRX, which I find is worth the money. I don’t use it like I should but it does give a really good and complete workout. Resistance and booty bands are a huge help. Medicine balls, dumbbells, kettlebells (be sure to find a video to show how to do the swings properly, it’s easy to do them wrong which can cause injury), or you can look up doing strength training with just your body weight.

There are lots of options, and you’ll find something that works for your lifestyle. If not, just focus on your calorie intake because that is what will ultimately help you lose weight.
  • pamworman
    pamworman Posts: 1 Member
    i am a zumba instructor and have been doing my classes on zoom. I also try other instructor'sclasses
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    The things that I follow on YouTube -
    Body Project - I love them, they encourage the super beginner to pause their exercise videos, as many times as necessary, as long as they get to the end of the video. They also have people who need to lose weight as part of their participants.
    https://youtu.be/H0c-4nZjIWQ

Hasfit - They're the first ones that I followed. They have so many beginner videos and they have such a vast library from very beginner to the expert level.

Zumba - I search for songs that I love and dance the song. I make a playlist so they play one after the other.

😊
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Single leg deadlifts. They make me a better skier.
  • MandyCMN
    MandyCMN Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2021
    Les Mills On Demand, all of their workouts are amazing!
  • Isabelisik
    Isabelisik Posts: 12 Member
    hello everyone! I do "down dog" app hiit and yoga. i can really recommend it :smile:
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    vanmep wrote: »
    Don’t laugh but sometimes I still pull out Jane Fonda from about 1982 😆

You may just be my spirit animal. I have some old Jane Fonda, that when I’m not in the mood to workout, these always get me going. She cracks me up.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    I have the 21 day fix from beach body and they are 30 minute workouts and I love them. They fit in my busy lifestyle.
  • loaattire
    loaattire Posts: 1 Member
    I do body groove in my living room and youtube videos to mix things up.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Christine just posted her schedule of live classes for the week:
    91fdgebxqw0a.png
    She posts on YouTube @ CDornerfitness
  • aoifeoc1990
    aoifeoc1990 Posts: 2 Member
    My friend sent me this girl in YouTube. There's lots of vids and lots of different durations and ones with/without equipment: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLF0qPTpkYKq81HsjgzhwQ
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Try Youtube free exrcises serias of workout called body rock with UK girl, She does all kind of exrcises with d-bells, with body west, with another type of home equipment, wich everybody can afford. Your kids can play arrownd at the same time or do it together with you, having fun
  • missashleigh92
    missashleigh92 Posts: 37 Member
    Just dance 2021 has put the fun factor back into exercise for me recently
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    I second Sydney Cummings she is very good! I do her workouts 99.5 percent. I may do a little add in but nothing major. If I need more then one workout I choose an older one 💪

If you are needing more beginner or slower pace I would recommend hasfittribe or fit by amy on youtube

I am a Mama to five four of which are little boys 6 and under 😊 I lost over 55lbs at home working out using youtube and logging on mfp at a deficit. I do take a walk with the kiddos when the weather is warm enough but they can rsally only handle a 30 minute walk right now.
  • Lisafitmom
    Lisafitmom Posts: 10 Member
    The gyms are closed here so everything is at home. Treadmill, dumbbells, barbell, pull up/dip/ab machine, kettlebells and dancing. Those are my go to at home... it’s fun to switch things up. Making it fun keeps it going... you will lose motivation on some days but push through and you may find those are the BEST workouts 💖
  • jeanettemahon499
    jeanettemahon499 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi...you MUST try Schellea (fabulous 50's on youtube) Dont mind the age thing..its for all ages and she has brilliant, manageable workouts that are amazing ( I have no connection with her whatsoever-just love her sessions and advice etc). Her playlist is lengthy so no repetitive workouts...you can do as little as 5 minutes up to an hour or more if you are that way inclined! I split them over the day around what ever is going on at the time. I have tried a few others this last year, (Covid) and was delighted to find Schellea as she works for me! Good luck. xx