(NEW) OPEN CHALLENGE: FIT BY OCTOBER!!!

Options

Replies

• liza001
    Options
    Hi Leah, love your thread, I'll bump this, so I can easily pick it up later, as I am leaving in 2hours to drive 3200miles.... So I'm going to be a little distracted over the next few days... I would like to join as it is perfect timing... My daughters wedding is on the 9th Oct and once I get to my destination I shoud be able to knuckle down and get some good loses in before the big day.

It's 5 am in 13hours if I've stopped I may have time to catch up then...

Bonnie, thanks for posting here, it led me from our home page... Wow excel, hope Leah is ok with it, it's a great idea and I cannot wait to see it.. I love spreadsheets it's almost an obsession ... Hahaha
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    NAME: laura
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 159
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150
    START PANTS SIZE: 8-10 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 6-8 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: pescatarian
    DIET GOALS: more fruits and veggies, less bread and desserts. oh, and portion size!
    EXERCISE GOALS: to finish 30DS and start running again!!!!
    OTHER GOALS: flatter tummy--muscle!
    FUN FACT: i play guitar and sing in a barbershop chorus!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new challengers! :flowerforyou:

Bonnie, the spreadsheet is great, but we'll make it optional, because this is a loosey-goosey challenge for people who only want support. I don't want anyone to feel any pressure at all! There are zero requirements for this challenge, and I think that some people aren't looking to lose weight, but are looking to lose inches, so as long as it's understood that spreadsheet participation is optional, I love the idea! :heart:

I will be happy to be on the spreadsheet! Thanks for doing it. My start weight was 149 and I'm currently at 145.8

Update on me: I was in a car accident last night and will probably not be checking in on here as often as I was for a few days, because I'm in some pain with major whiplash (nothing broken, just swollen neck muscles).
  • I haven't posted in a while since I have been picking up more hours at work. I have been doing pretty good with sticking to my workout plan and I haven't lost much weight, but I am slimmer. My pants are fitting me more loosely and I am looking forward to how much more loose my clothes will be come October. I am hoping to lose a few more inches by october 15th so that I can surprise my fiance with a very nice treat:-). I have increased my water intake and have been diligently making sure that I take my vitamins everyday. Although I have been allowing myself to indulge every now and then, I have been consistenly getting more in shape. My endurance has increased, my asthma has not been bothering me when I run, and I can actually run for 5 minutes straight without feelling like I am having the life choked out of me. I am glad to have joined this challenge.
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today- lost 1 1/2# so far. Not going like I wanted it to but any is better than none!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    weigh in today - lost 1.2 pounds....met my original goal for Oct 7th (118). Hoping to lose a few more by then, which is my next goal.
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your car accident Leah; never a good thing. Thankful that it wasn't any worse and hope you recover quickly. Hang in there.

Thanks Bonnie for doing the spreadsheet. I was at 130 when I started the challenge on 8/11/11 and I was 126 last Monday, 9/5/11. I'll weigh again in a couple of days. Hopefully I will have lost at least a little. It sure seems like it's slow going. But I don't exercise as much as I should or always eat as I should. So, I'm the one to blame.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your car accident Leah and I hope you are good as new real soon! Weighed in yesterday for the week and lost .6 lbs. 2.9 lbs away from my challenge goal of 145 :smile: .
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have to be realistic and change my end goal. There was no physical way I could lose 22 pounds by the end of this challenge. I want to, but not going to happen. I have switched my goal to a realistic 199 pounds by the end. Anyone else double thinking what their end goal is?? This week I am down to 208 pounds. 4 pounds for the week. 9 pounds until I can wave buh bye to the 200s.

FYI, I would love some supportive, new friends!!!!!! Add me, please.

I would also love to be on the spreadsheet.
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    I have to be realistic and change my end goal. There was no physical way I could lose 22 pounds by the end of this challenge. I want to, but not going to happen. I have switched my goal to a realistic 199 pounds by the end. Anyone else double thinking what their end goal is?? This week I am down to 208 pounds. 4 pounds for the week. 9 pounds until I can wave buh bye to the 200s.

FYI, I would love some supportive, new friends!!!!!! Add me, please.

I would also love to be on the spreadsheet.

YES, I am thinking that I will probably be able to get down to 142, but probably not to 140. Which is fine! It's okay to change your goals up.
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today up 2.8 pounds since last week. Still should be able to make my goal by Oct.7
  • SapphoSensei
    Options
    Hi,

Just been on board 1 week. Thought I would join in to help kick (butt) start my program.

HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 203
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 199
    START PANTS SIZE: 18W
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 18
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: no, just healthy foods
    DIET GOALS: 8 glasses water every day
    EXERCISE GOALS: fitcamp
    OTHER GOALS: Be happy.
    FUN FACT: I've climbed a glacier
  • Just checking in and hoping that everyone is staying on track! Here are my stats:
    height: 5'6"
    weight: 163.6
    waist: 39"

still pushing forward. How is everyone else doing on the challenge?
  • tmpartington
    Options
    Totally fell off the wagon the past month and am so angry at myself. Guess I'll have to kill it the next 4 weeks. Thanks to this group for giving me motivation to get back on the wagon. And special thanks to my neighbor back on my bike yesterday.
  • zsesteacher
    zsesteacher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    NAME: Yvette
    HEIGHT: 5'0"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 250
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 245
    START PANTS SIZE: 16/18 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Anything in moderation
    DIET GOALS: To become more aware of and take control of my emotional eating habits
    EXERCISE GOALS: to weight training and walk 4 to 5 miles 6 times a week
    OTHER GOALS: Set a good example for my daughters by being more active and lose weight...:tongue:
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    I just saw this challenge because I saw my friend Yvette respond to it, so I am starting a little late,but better late than never....right? :tongue: Here is a little info about me:

NAME: Kay
    HEIGHT: 5'7"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 222
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 215
    START PANTS SIZE: 18
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 16 for October 7th, but my ultimate goal pants size is a 12
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: No special diet. I just need to watch my carbs and sugars.
    WEIGHT GOALS: I am taking it 5 pounds at a time. I am just so ready for the scales to tell me that I weigh 220 and maybe by Oct.7, which is a day after my anniversary, it will be close to 215 :-) One day I hope to be between 150-160. :love:
    EXERCISE GOALS: I am going to try to exercise every day this week for at least 75 minutes because I am in another challenge and to complete this challenge, this is the amount of time for my exercise. I usually just exercise for an hour, but we have to do an extra 15 minutes which I really need to do anyway!!!
    OTHER GOALS: I just want to feel good about myself again and not hide every time somebody brings out a camera!!!
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I hope that you are all having fantastic days, and that the challenge is going well for you. :heart:

Time for another QOTD!

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?

QOTD #7: Other than working out and losing weight, what have you done to improve your self esteem?

QOTD #8: What's your workout plan this week? List it!

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.

QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not?

QOTD #12: What are your goals (weight, food, exercise, other) for September?

QOTD #13: (repeat, but important) What's your workout plan for this week? List it!

QOTD #14: What is your goal (doesn't have to be weight) for this week?
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    QOTD #13: (repeat, but important) What's your workout plan for this week? List it!

Monday- Exercise
    Tuesday- Exercise
    Wednesday-exercise
    Thursday-exercise
    Friday-Exercise
    Saturday- exercise

My goal for this week is to get some exercise in each day.
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I weighed in yesterday and lost a pound. I am stoked to be half way to my goal weight! Woo hoo!

My goal for this week is to stop the late night snacking and to simply go to bed when I am tired! That is my worst time for eating and I tend to eat everything in sight. Blah.
  • FrenchieSF
    FrenchieSF Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I just saw this open challenge and I am so happy... Kinda felt like the new girl at school, and no one wanted me to be part of their click..
    Its a little late, but worth a try! Here are my stats:

NAME: Valia
    HEIGHT: 5'8"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 154
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 149
    START PANTS SIZE: 10/12
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10 ? (I actually dont know how many pounds = pant size, any info would be great!)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: No special diet. I just need to watch my carbs!
    WEIGHT GOALS: I am trying to get to 140, which is what I was for my wedding 3 years ago...
    EXERCISE GOALS: IIhave started the Slim in 6 program... I am on day 2. Goal would be to keep it up 6 times a week..
    OTHER GOALS: Want to be a hot mommy.... :p

Oh and please add me!!! I need the support... Thanks guys! xox