Weight Loss Podcasts

Listening to podcasts about weight loss is very motivating to me. Half Size Me is my favorite. What weight loss podcasts do you enjoy?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I listen to Half Size Me, too. It's actually the only weight loss one I listen to. I like High Performance Mindset for the workout side of things.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Unpopular opinion here. I have tried to listen to Half Size Me numerous times because so many people recommend it. But something about her voice just annoys the heck out of me. I can't stand it, for some reason (maybe it reminds me of someone from my past, idk). I like We Only Look Thin and Losing 100 Pounds With Corinne (be forewarned about her potty mouth). There are also some good weight loss episodes if you scroll through the Food Heals podcast.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Can I ask what app this is in? I downloaded one and couldn't find it lol. I'm interested in hopes to get back on track
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Can I ask what app this is in? I downloaded one and couldn't find it lol. I'm interested in hopes to get back on track

I've used Podcast Addict and Pocketcasts.

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion here. I have tried to listen to Half Size Me numerous times because so many people recommend it. But something about her voice just annoys the heck out of me. I can't stand it, for some reason (maybe it reminds me of someone from my past, idk). I like We Only Look Thin and Losing 100 Pounds With Corinne (be forewarned about her potty mouth). There are also some good weight loss episodes if you scroll through the Food Heals podcast.

I’m not sure I’ve tried ‘Half Size Me’ yet, but how you describe feeling about the voice is exactly how I felt about the couple on ‘We Only Look Thin’!

I got to the point listening to their voices that I quite honestly wanted to scream! I deleted it from my podcast library instantly.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member

I listen to all of my podcasts through Apple podcasts on my iPhone.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Not necessarily weight loss-specific but I started listening to the RP Strength podcast a little while ago and have been enjoying it. It's certainly a little self-serving at times when they mention books and programs under the RP banner but the content on a variety topics have been very interesting thus far; motivation, discipline, habits, training, etc.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    yayamom3 wrote: »

I’m not sure I’ve tried ‘Half Size Me’ yet, but how you describe feeling about the voice is exactly how I felt about the couple on ‘We Only Look Thin’!

I got to the point listening to their voices that I quite honestly wanted to scream! I deleted it from my podcast library instantly.

This is how I felt about Denise Austin back in the day when I had her aerobics videos :smiley:

Half Size Me Heather's voice doesn't bother me though. I never just sat and listened to her - I was always walking or gardening so she never had my full attention. Maybe that helps. Also I forwarded over a lot of the junk in the beginning.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    I like the message that both Heather from Half Size Me and Donald and Catherine from We Only LOOK Thin emphasize. Sustainability. I enjoy some episodes more than others. With HSM I prefer the interviews to the Coaching calls.

I like Optimal Health Daily which is broader than weight loss and exercise. The title of each episode make it clear if it is of interest to me. Each episode is short. I find them inspiring.

I’ve tried others and downloaded some more to try, but I only have so many hours to listen to them. 😋 I like to go back to the first of a podcasts and listen to them mostly in order, so I haven’t run out of episodes yet!
  • waistaway80
    waistaway80 Posts: 31 Member
    I know it's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I just recently took MFP seriously and decided to check out the community. I love podcasts and always interested in hearing recommendations! Right now I've been listening to Dy Ann Parham, about intermittent fasting,
    (youtube mostly), also Huberman Lab ( super interesting, scientific health), Dr. Mark Hyman, JJ Virgin, Dave Asprey, just a few health related podcasts. Appreciate more recommendations!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,871 Member
    edited October 2022
    I know it's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I just recently took MFP seriously and decided to check out the community. I love podcasts and always interested in hearing recommendations! Right now I've been listening to Dy Ann Parham, about intermittent fasting,
    (youtube mostly), also Huberman Lab ( super interesting, scientific health), Dr. Mark Hyman, JJ Virgin, Dave Asprey, just a few health related podcasts. Appreciate more recommendations!!

Yeah, I lean that was as well. I'm into chronobiology, endocrinology, biological anthropology that kind of thing.

Not sure if you saw this one from Huberman Lab, I like Andrew, though he does repeat himself to make a point but all in all a great scientist.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9tRohh0gErM&t=1675s
  • waistaway80
    waistaway80 Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you, I'll check that out!