Who else loves a good salad 😃

Options
DonnasJourney0805
DonnasJourney0805 Posts: 75 Member
edited January 2021 in Food and Nutrition
Sometimes you just gotta have a great salad.. eating healthy can be so good 🥗z11zut46j7qg.jpeg

Replies

• Runner5Lulaica
    Runner5Lulaica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I had access to a salad bar at lunch, all I ate were giant salads (to the point that my now-husband thought I didn't eat meat when we were first dating). I've forgotten how much I enjoyed them, but I've gone back to eating them the past two weeks and loving how I feel (less post-lunch drag).
  • mariamsmb1
    mariamsmb1 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    My favorite salads are a Persian cucumber salad and a southwest style salad with avocado, corn, and beans.

I also love a Thai salad with shrimp!
  • sulwen314
    sulwen314 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love to eat salads but I hate making them - so much prep!

This is my favorite salad when I feel like putting in the effort - the dressing is AMAZING: https://minimalistbaker.com/roasted-vegetable-salad-with-chimichurri/
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    That salad and the tasty dressing....yum! <3 My daily lunch salad is an event :p
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I love to eat salads but I hate making them - so much prep!

This is my favorite salad when I feel like putting in the effort - the dressing is AMAZING: https://minimalistbaker.com/roasted-vegetable-salad-with-chimichurri/

this one looks super delicious! I so agree with the work that goes with making them....but it's worth it:)
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I ate the same fruit salad every day for 6 months and now I can't look at them...
  • DonnasJourney0805
    DonnasJourney0805 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @PAPYRUS3 thqt looks amazing😃
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Love salads,in part bc I also find them a super quick meal option, especially if I have some kind of protein (like hard boiled eggs or shredded chicken or skirt steak) ready to add. The longest portion is typically if I decide to roast or sautee some veg that I'm desiring to add.

If one doesn't like available dressings, it's super easy to make one's own. I generally have, even before I cared about cals (although there are tons of low cal premade dressings).
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I love food!
    Love salad with romaine, arugula, radish, bell pepper, red onion, sliced strawberries, chopped pecans, blue cheese crumbles and strawberry vinaigrette.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    What?? You mean salad isn't just lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers?? :wink:

Some of these look and sound absolutely off-the-charts amazing!!!
    Can anyone share what their favorite salads have calorie-wise?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I love salads! I like to take what normally would go in a bun or bread and put it on mixed greens and other veggies... fills me up pretty decently.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! I love a good salad!
  • Emheia
    Emheia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been on a real salad kick the last week or so. At least one meal a day is some kind of salad. Spicy quinoa with tomatos/red onions/black beans for dinner tonight. Tastes kind of like a taco but without meat.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,609 Member
    Options
    Nicoise, tagliata di manzo, Viet pomelo.
    3d0m4q8g890b.jpeg
    re5pbjwyefga.jpeg
    7i9czogcdju8.jpeg