What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• CertifiedPersonalTrainer
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Nice catch @CertifiedPersonalTrainer! Would have been nice to see your pic though!

Every now and again, MFP has some great recipes! I have 3 more servings of "golden oatmeal" (mine with fresh turmeric) that will be polished off before Monday.

Thanks @MaltedTea Next time I will post one of my own on this thread. By the way, this is not an MFP recipe. 🏋🏽‍♂️
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    pjg2015 wrote: »
    6w8orahiw4wa.jpeg Crockpot Italian green bean and potato stew topped with roasted chicken and crispy bacon

Yum!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234 My plates are small because I'm an older/smaller short person and my calories are around 1200-1300 per day thus my three "meals" per day are approximately 400 calories each though when I have my final snack I will add whatever is necessary to stay above 1200. I only mention this because the 1200 calories thing seems to bring out a lot of negative opinions on this site. The dish here is 453 calories.

Black bean chili con carne w/shredded sharp cheddar and salsa (I took the photo before I added the salsa)

wps5ylpp3tce.jpg

Yes, I wasn't saying you aren't eating enough or that there was anything wrong with it! Just made me think about myself and my crazy volume eating habits. I do eat double your calories because I am in maintenance, but my meals are also only 200-400 calories too. I am a volume eater so I always eat huge amount even though low calorie, lol. I just find it amazing some people can eat smaller portions instead of high volume low calorie like I have to.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wasn't saying you aren't eating enough or that there was anything wrong with it! Just made me think about myself and my crazy volume eating habits. I do eat double your calories because I am in maintenance, but my meals are also only 200-400 calories too. I am a volume eater so I always eat huge amount even though low calorie, lol. I just find it amazing some people can eat smaller portions instead of high volume low calorie like I have to.

No problem. I wasn't sure. :)

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Nice catch @CertifiedPersonalTrainer! Would have been nice to see your pic though!

Every now and again, MFP has some great recipes! I have 3 more servings of "golden oatmeal" (mine with fresh turmeric) that will be polished off before Monday.

Thanks @MaltedTea Next time I will post one of my own on this thread. By the way, this is not an MFP recipe. 🏋🏽‍♂️

Oh!? So which magical site is this that gives you a bar code to scan in your recipes like magic? Enquiring minds 🤔
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234 My plates are small because I'm an older/smaller short person and my calories are around 1200-1300 per day thus my three "meals" per day are approximately 400 calories each though when I have my final snack I will add whatever is necessary to stay above 1200. I only mention this because the 1200 calories thing seems to bring out a lot of negative opinions on this site. The dish here is 453 calories.

Black bean chili con carne w/shredded sharp cheddar and salsa (I took the photo before I added the salsa)

wps5ylpp3tce.jpg

Not sure I'm a volume eater or non volume one but I like you, I am curious about some of @LazyBlondeChef's deliciousness. There was a delicious sage imbued game meat the other day that I wanted to gobble up 😋

Y'all, let it be known I just lurk the thread to get food ideas 😭 You're all so good!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @0_just_Tomek_0 and @InCHarmsWay - so in this recipe, would the 1 tablespoon be a good amount here or would you use less?

That would be fine. If you use too much it is like a sour taste that will make your mouth pucker!

I bought some yesterday and sampled it - yes, it's tart and a bit sweet. Thanks!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Salade Nicoise.
    unepbwjcgyy3.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Options
    @acpgee the Niçoise looks really good.
  • acpgee
    Options
    I think we are starting to feel the pointy end of Brexit. Sent the hubby out to get new potatoes for Nicoise but the only potatoes (new or otherwise) were in tins. Not a terrible texture but no seasoing.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Since we had sushi takeout for dinner I thought I'd put a picture of my brunch instead. Oatmeal with apple, cinnamon, chia seeds, currants and slivered almonds. I guess a lot of people would add milk or milk substitute but I hate milk and have never found any of the substitutes satisfactory so I just eat it without. It's still soft enough but not very creamy. I actually don't much like oatmeal but this concoction is not too bad.

223hgbx4yihw.jpg

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Since we had sushi takeout for dinner I thought I'd put a picture of my brunch instead. Oatmeal with apple, cinnamon, chia seeds, currants and slivered almonds. I guess a lot of people would add milk or milk substitute but I hate milk and have never found any of the substitutes satisfactory so I just eat it without. It's still soft enough but not very creamy. I actually don't much like oatmeal but this concoction is not too bad.

223hgbx4yihw.jpg

I eat something similar for breakfast, but it's overnite oats--oatmeal, dried blueberries, slivered almonds, cinnamon, chia, chopped tart apple (with peel), and frozen raspberries, blackberries, lingonberries, strawberries (it's a mix). I used to drizzle milk on top but decided to up my protein. I now add 10g of protein powder and add some water. Put in the frig overnite. Love it.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Waldorf salad to start. Xmas mark IV for main. Pan fried goose breast, puy lentils, roast Belgian endive, leftover cranberry sauce.
  • erosemiller314
    erosemiller314 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Beef Chili with three beans and veggies.

415 calories per bowl

Trying to include the picture but not sure if it will work. Hahah These forums aren't super user friendly from the phone.