Mum tum

Options
h8tdogvbb93z.jpeg

Hi I’m new here and I’ve had three kids I’m currently trying to loose weight so far I’ve lost over a stone in weight but I’ve noticed my stomach isn’t improving I can’t afford surgery it does really get me down does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to get rid of it I know I shouldn’t let it get me down but it really does as I’m only 23 I shouldn’t look like this.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    Your are 23, I think as you lose fat you will lose some of the tummy, any excess / saggy skin will contract over a year or two.

Biggest factors in skin contraction after a pregnancy or weight loss is gentics and age, the younger the better (though this may depend on the degree of skin stretch). You are young and if your mother recovered well skinwise from pregnancies you may too.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    How old is your third child? That looks like a fairly recent post partum stomach, be kind to yourself and patient. It’s not fat that’s stretched your tissue it’s a baby! Don’t give yourself a hard time it will get better.

I had 4 children and I know at some point that would have been a photo of my stomach too! I was 37 when I had the youngest but it still shrank back, eventually! By eventually I mean the maximum improvement was probably as long as two years.

If you carry on slowly losing any excess weight the skin will recover. Once you’re able (assuming I’m correct and you’re recently post partum) some core exercises might help tighten up the underlying muscle strata. Start gently though!
  • bellamoon735
    bellamoon735 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much yes I had my third child august 2019 I know I’m not recently post partum but my muscles took a long time to heal from the birth I know I shouldn’t be so hard on myself but I do get so down that’s really good thank you I know it will take a long time I know it’s definitely improved and it will take years thank you again I’ve just started to do more walking I try and aim for 10,000 steps a day and I’m also doing a calorie deficit diet also thank you so much for your advice you’ve made me feel better!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To expand on what others are saying, along with a calorie deficit, getting adequate protein (.8-1.2g/lb of lean body mass or generally 90-130g for women), along with some full body resistance training will help improve your shape. And if you have no clue where to start, the below thread is a good place.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1