New to improve.

Options
I haven't eaten healthy or exercised in 30yrs, and it shows. I look forward to MFP everyday. I hope to meet new challenges with all my new friends.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Take heart, it's never too late to make improvements: I didn't start being routinely active until my mid-40s, and was obese until age 59. Now 65, I'm very active, and at a healthy weight (have been for 5 years).

Do you have exercise goals, or eating plans, that you think will help you along the way?

Wishing you much success!
  • Watsica
    Watsica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. You're still young! Make the forthcoming years the best version of yourself. There will be times when you're demotivated. Look to the community for support or the progress you've made so far! Every day is a struggle. Go forth and own it!
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a yo yo-er with my health and weight. I lost 70 lbs and gained back 130 :'( Trying to improve too. Feel free to add me for motivation and support. Best of luck!
  • mavericksheat77
    mavericksheat77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Take heart, it's never too late to make improvements: I didn't start being routinely active until my mid-40s, and was obese until age 59. Now 65, I'm very active, and at a healthy weight (have been for 5 years).

Do you have exercise goals, or eating plans, that you think will help you along the way?

Thanks for the encouragement! I just began weight training 6 days-a-week with cardio and have started a healthy diet under 1700cal. I'm coming off a disability and am just getting my finances in order, so I may try the Keto diet. I know it'll be more expensive per including organic foods. Good luck!
  • mavericksheat77
    Options
    Watsica wrote: »
    Absolutely. You're still young! Make the forthcoming years the best version of yourself. There will be times when you're demotivated. Look to the community for support or the progress you've made so far! Every day is a struggle. Go forth and own it!

You got it!
  • mavericksheat77
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a yo yo-er with my health and weight. I lost 70 lbs and gained back 130 :'( Trying to improve too. Feel free to add me for motivation and support. Best of luck!

Thank you, I will!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Thanks for the encouragement! I just began weight training 6 days-a-week with cardio and have started a healthy diet under 1700cal. I'm coming off a disability and am just getting my finances in order, so I may try the Keto diet. I know it'll be more expensive per including organic foods. Good luck!

Sounds like an excellent plan! No need to go with the expensive foods for weight loss or health: Lots of high-nutrition foods are very affordable, and deliver lots of health for small $$.