Do calories still exist if you don’t count them?

Options
13»

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!! 😁
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    Happy POETS day!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    calories do not count on Fridays :)

Or any day between 12:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
    Or if nobody sees you eat it.

I wish.

Somehow all these nonexistent calories found their way into my scale since October. Can I do a 'clear cache' and purge them back out?
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    You mean the calories don't fall out of a cookie when you break it in half? Bummer.

Broken cookies and crackers and chips have no calories.

Period.

And if they fall on the floor, but pick them up and eat them within 3 seconds, you can half the calories again.
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    Options
    Just to add - eating food whilst wearing your baggiest sweatpants, halves the calories whilst eating in your tightest skinny jeans, doubles them.

Fact.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I wish.

Somehow all these nonexistent calories found their way into my scale since October. Can I do a 'clear cache' and purge them back out?

Actually, this one is true! Since there isn't actually such a thing as 12:00 am or 12:00 pm. There's noon. There's midnight. AM is "ante meridiem" or "Before noon." And yes, PM is "post meridiem" or "after noon." This is why you will never see an airline flight scheduled for exactly 12:00. Nobody would know what time it really means. 11:59 am? Yes.

Sorry. Word geek here.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I wish.

Actually, this one is true! Since there isn't actually such a thing as 12:00 am or 12:00 pm. There's noon. There's midnight. AM is "ante meridiem" or "Before noon." And yes, PM is "post meridiem" or "after noon." This is why you will never see an airline flight scheduled for exactly 12:00. Nobody would know what time it really means. 11:59 am? Yes.

Sorry. Word geek here.

Huh ya learn something new every day. :):blush:
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options

I wish.

Sorry. Word geek here.

I hope you don't mind me saying this but, in my neck of the woods, that is simply incorrect. For transportation and everything else "official", we don't use a 12 hour format like you do, we use a 24 hour one. So, a flight scheduled for noon would show up as 12h00, and one scheduled for, say, 2.30pm would show up as 14h30.
    By the way, out of curiosity, I just checked one of our main airports, and it shows three flights departing tomorrow exactly at 12h (noon). :)
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    GummiMundi wrote: »

I wish.

Sorry. Word geek here.

I hope you don't mind me saying this but, in my neck of the woods, that is simply incorrect. For transportation and everything else "official", we don't use a 12 hour format like you do, we use a 24 hour one. So, a flight scheduled for noon would show up as 12h00, and one scheduled for, say, 2.30pm would show up as 14h30.
    By the way, out of curiosity, I just checked one of our main airports, and it shows three flights departing tomorrow exactly at 12h (noon). :)

I don't mind a bit. I use 24-hour format myself. It drives some of my friends crazy. It makes more sense to me. There's no chance of confusion. Because I've ~never~ set my alarm clock for the wrong time and overslept....

And I hope you don't mind ME saying THIS, but in your neck of the woods, there's still no such thing as 12:00 am or 12:00 pm. Midnight is 0:00 and noon is 12:00. I would embrace getting rid of AM and PM and going to 24 hour format.

And while we're at it, I would love it if we got rid of daylight saving time. It's evil.
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    edited January 2021
    Options

And while we're at it, I would love it if we got rid of daylight saving time. It's evil.

And further - why not also get rid of time zones. Why not have a single time across the world. What does it matter if in some places, you’re eating breakfast at 18h00? It doesn’t change when the sun rises and sets just because of what we call it.

😊
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    GummiMundi wrote: »

I wish.

Sorry. Word geek here.

I don't mind a bit. I use 24-hour format myself. It drives some of my friends crazy. It makes more sense to me. There's no chance of confusion. Because I've ~never~ set my alarm clock for the wrong time and overslept....

And I hope you don't mind ME saying THIS, but in your neck of the woods, there's still no such thing as 12:00 am or 12:00 pm. Midnight is 0:00 and noon is 12:00. I would embrace getting rid of AM and PM and going to 24 hour format.

Yes! I couldn't agree more. I rant about it every single year (to no avail...).

• mtaratoot
    Options
    Calories don't count in the hour we reclaim when we switch back from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time.

But I don't like to eat that late/early, so it won't help.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    yes that hour is officially non existent.

found that our when I used to work shift work - if you work night shift when daylights saving changes over you still get paid same amount eg 8 hours whether it was actually 7 hours or 9 hours.