SO MUCH TO GAIN

1235»

Replies

• x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    I would like to regain my self confidence and I would like to finally reach my goal of running sub 10 minute miles. I get that it's still very slow to some people, but I've never managed it and hopefully it would lead to even faster times someday!
  • dboothpublic
    dboothpublic Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 38 and at 4'11" with a bad right knee, shouldn't have let myself get to 10 ½ stone (147 lbs). This year, I aim to gain back the strength and flexibility that I had 20 years ago.

I also want to be a good example to my 6-year-old daughter so she can grow up not with a mother who hates her body, but with a mother who celebrates it. My mom always hated her hereditary muscular calves, and always made sure her legs weren't in pictures. I inherited her calves and that same insecurity. I want to gain an acceptance of my muscular, 15-inch calves that I know won't get any smaller no matter how much weight I lose in general.
  • ifIwereatree
    ifIwereatree Posts: 7 Member
    Cut calories and exercise that is the key to my goal of losing some weight. And needing to focus to doing this is a priority which MFP is helping me with. However, relaxing with whatever happens on the scale is important and just the fact that I feel a lot healthier is the main thing.
  • Rocketman98
    Rocketman98 Posts: 9 Member
    This was an extremely difficult question to nail down. I have never looked at what I want to "gain", just what I want to "lose". The simplest way to answer is in just one word: ME. I want to gain myself back, my confidence, my strength (inner and outer), my focus, my life back. This journey has been a challenge and at times a fight. There have been many times that I have thrown in the towel, but I know I need to get back up and continue.

The reason I chose MFP was the community aspect. It gives me accountability and the freedom to express myself in my journey. I welcome anyone that would want to send a friend request and team up to push each other on to greater things.

Good luck and remember: "YOU ARE WORTHY EVEN IF YOU DONT THINK SO RIGHT NOW!!!!"