Food Survey

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? With my own mix of cocoa powder, cayenne, stevia and vanilla

I sometimes adds cocoa powder, cayenne, and cinnamon to my coffee. So good.
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? any way but the yolk needs to be cooked fully or it creates havoc in my stomach.
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee - cream / Tea - black
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Hashbrown pattie
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Peanut butter
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Depends on the salad.
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? White wine or a cocktail.
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? toasted bread or bagel
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? sushi
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? I'll find a new recipe online and make it.
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? blanched iceburg lettuce with oyster sauce
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? it's not food but I hated sparkling soda water, now I live on it.
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? liver
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? McDonalds hamburger and fries
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Depends where what restaurant.
    15. Favorite junk food? Gummy Candies and Chips/Nachos
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Pancakes with peanut butter
    17. Favorite dessert? Not a dessert eater but anything I make at home.
    18. Food when you're sick? Congee
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Prime rib and fixings
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Mac n' cheese
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? I love cooking so anything.
    22. Food you eat most every day? I like variety if it weren't for counting calories.
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? banana or apple
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? lettuce
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Chips or cheezies
    26. Favorite sandwich? Donair
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 146 Member
    This seems like a great way to procrastinate at work :grin:

1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? - Scrambled with milk.
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? - Hot Tea, splash of milk, one sugar, reasonably strong.
    3. Favorite breakfast food? - hot, buttered crumpets
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? - not really a huge fan of nut butters (unless nutella counts!)
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? - I just chop up some red chili and fresh coriander
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? - Gin & Tonic
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? - Sausage Rigatoni
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? - Pizza
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? - Roasted Beef Joint, Goose fat roast potatoes, mixed vegetables and Yorkshire Puddings with gravy.
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? - Chicken in white sauce with boiled rice and vegetables
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? - Bell Peppers
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? - There are many, I'm a very fussy eater :grin: fish, mostly.
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? - Chicken in white sauce with boiled rice and vegetables
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? - Steak & Chips
    15. Favorite junk food? - Chocolate
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? - Marshmallows on Pizza
    17. Favorite dessert? - Tiramisu
    18. Food when you're sick? - Chicken in white sauce with boiled rice and vegetables (there's a theme here)
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? - Lasagne
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? - Chili & Rice ready meal from the supermarket
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? - Lasagne
    22. Food you eat most every day? - Spicy Mexican Chicken & Romaine Lettuce on Seeded bread with a packet of Quavers (my lunch everyday)
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? - Bananas
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? - Bell Peppers
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? - Jaffa Cakes
    26. Favorite sandwich? - Chipotle Chicken & Mashed Avocado on Seeded Bread
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Not that anyone would care...but I've made a 'grave' mistake..😉 I need to restate no. 26 which stated: "Favorite sandwich? I love to roll a mix of veggies some sort of protein (or edamame pods on the side) in a nori sheet or romaine leaf. A typical sandwich would most likely be a roasted veggie panini"

My typical favorite sandwich is a falafel with creamy tahini sauce...what was I thinking?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    In on data mining thread :p not doing all of them though.
    1. How do you like your eggs? Fried, fully set whites
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Tea, black, sweet
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Pot of tea and a cigarette
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Oil and vinegar, it's a classic for a reason
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Canned beans with oil and veggies
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Chicken liver
    15. Favorite junk food? Doritos
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Barley pilaf
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Pork roast with potatoes
    22. Food you eat most every day? Bread
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Do onions count?
    26. Favorite sandwich? Ham and cheese

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Over-easy on toast.
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee with milk, tea with nothing added.
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Greek yogurt and berries.
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Creamy peanut butter.
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Honey mustard.
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Whiskey sour.
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Sandwich.
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Chinese.
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Pad thai.
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Weenie-beanie bake.
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Chocolate-mint things.
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Lima beans.
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? BBQ Ribs.
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Thai.
    15. Favorite junk food? Potato chips.
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Can't think of anything.
    17. Favorite dessert? Cookies.
    18. Food when you're sick? Ramen noodles.
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Fancy cheese plates, big steaks.
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Pasta.
    22. Food you eat most every day? Yogurt, salad.
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Apples.
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Carrots.
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Potato chips.
    26. Favorite sandwich? Roast beef with BBQ sauce.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    @MaltedTea "Great questions,@PAPYRUS3! Are we gonna find out your answers?"

Here you go:
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scrambled…love a turmeric tofu scramble
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Black with Jordan syrup or just stevia
    3. Favorite breakfast food? I rarely have this, but my favorite would be oatmeal/nut butter/banana and yogurt mixed in
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? That’s hard cause they are so good…but what I have everyday is powdered pb
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? I just go with lemon or some sort of vinegar
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Wine – love it but too many calories to ‘drink’ away
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? I always pre-prep my veggies when I get them home from the store, so I usually just grab bits from it all and make a salad and put some sort of protein on top
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Lebanese or Thai
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Red lentil/coconut tofu stew/soup
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Lots (as I’m sure you are all the same) but I’ll just pick butter cream frosted Christmas cookies my mom would make.
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Cauliflower…I now eat it everyday (obsessed lol!)
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Meat (Pescatarian)
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Hot dogs
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Indian or Lebanese
    15. Favorite junk food? I’m not a typical ‘junk food’ person – but I do like sugar free Jordan flavored syrups…in everything
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Dry cottage cheese curd with hot sauce or with dark coca powder and sweetener….
    17. Favorite dessert? Typical – A well made Tiramisu. Non-typical – a plate of dates/dark chocolate/roasted nuts and or nut butter with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt
    18. Food when you're sick? Soup (back in the day I remember being ‘cured’ from a hangovers with congee
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Seafood/sushi
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? A rare thing for me – I might grab ‘something’ at my local health food store (they package up meals/salads, etc., from the café they run)
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? A meal-type ‘salad’ (roasted veggies/grain/nuts, etc.,) with a soup and bread (I don’t make the bread though)
    22. Food you eat most every day? I am someone who eats the same things everyday it seems …I’ll just say nori and powdered pb
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? I actually don’t eat fruit often - if I do it’s usually berries
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Oh…which one will I pick? I’ll just say cauliflower
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? If I’m running around all day, it’s great to have my own little baggie of almonds and cut up veggies
    26. Favorite sandwich? I love to roll a mix of veggies some sort of protein (or edamame pods on the side) in a nori sheet or romaine leaf. A typical sandwich would most likely be a roasted veggie panini

I used to ALWAYS have dry curd cottage cheese but now cannot find it anywhere! Where do you find it/what brand?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member

1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Well done. Hard-boiled, over hard (break yolks), scrambled.
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee ideally with frothed nonfat dairy milk, tea plain.
    3. Favorite breakfast food? oatmeal with fixins'
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Santa Cruz Dark Roast Crunchy Peanut Butter
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Usually vinegar that I season myself, occasionally others
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Varies: Craft IPA, red Zinfandel or Tempranillo, non-Chardonnay dry white wine, non-sweet craft cocktails (making some with rye, gin lately), margaritas, sangria
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Varies. Bean stew/chili or wrap with smoked tofu, maybe
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? probably Pizza
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? varies ridiculously
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? split pea soup
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Nothing. I've always eaten widely. I used to not like peanut butter's texture as an adult (always liked taste) but I now enjoy eating it.
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Meat/seafood, but only because longterm vegetarian
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Cucumbers? Used to eat with chocolate milk as a bedtime snack.
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Blue Corn Enchiladas with frijoles refritos
    16. Favorite junk food? I don't like the term, but know what people mean. Old-school taco flavor Doritos.
    17. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? No idea. Many people find lots of my food weird.
    18. Favorite dessert? Varied. Tiramisu, cake-like cheesecake, good carrot cake are high on the list.
    19. Food when you're sick? Canada Dry ginger ale, plain macaroni or potatoes
    20. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Too varied to say
    21. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Mostly not.
    22. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Probably lasagna, white or red veggie versions
    23. Food you eat most every day? Nonfat plain Greek yogurt - just milk and yogurt culture
    24. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Varies. Lately, apples.
    25. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Onions (in dishes), tomatoes, cucumbers . . . lots of things
    26. Favorite packaged snack food? Recently, Enlightened brand crispy broad beans, mequite BBQ flavor
    27. Favorite sandwich? Lately, smoked tofu/mustard/onion/cheese/sauerkraut on Ezekiel tortilla

Prediction: I'll be sorry I answered, because this is one of those pot-stirring posts that gets lots of traffic, and hardly anyone will read the replies because too long.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? scrambled
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? black
    3. Favorite breakfast food? eggs, bacon, toast
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? PB
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Blue Cheese
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Bourbon straight up
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Sandwich or bean burrito
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Family order of enchiladas with rice and beans
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Whatever I feel like...I cook all of the time...I'm always in a cooking mood.
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Tuna casserole
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Nothing really...I eat more vegetables though
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Organ meat of any kind.
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Beans and Weenies on white bread with potato chips
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Anything New Mexican
    15. Favorite junk food? Chips and Salsa
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Don't know
    17. Favorite dessert? Homemade cookies and milk
    18. Food when you're sick? Green Chile Stew
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Beef Tenderloin
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? N/A
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Pretty much anything...I've been cooking for decades
    22. Food you eat most every day? Eggs
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Apple
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Greens
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Beef Jerky
    26. Favorite sandwich? Pastrami on Rye

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Well done. Hard-boiled, over hard (break yolks), scrambled.
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee ideally with frothed nonfat dairy milk, tea plain.
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Santa Cruz Dark Roast Crunchy Peanut Butter
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Usually vinegar that I season myself, occasionally others
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Varies: Craft IPA, red Zinfandel or Tempranillo, non-Chardonnay dry white wine, non-sweet craft cocktails (making some with rye, gin lately), margaritas, sangria
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Varies. Bean stew/chili or wrap with smoked tofu, maybe
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? probably Pizza
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Nothing. I've always eaten widely. I used to not like peanut butter's texture as an adult (always liked taste) but I now enjoy eating it.
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Meat/seafood, but only because longterm vegetarian
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Cucumbers? Used to eat with chocolate milk as a bedtime snack.
    16. Favorite junk food? I don't like the term, but know what people mean. Old-school taco flavor Doritos.
    17. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? No idea. Many people find lots of my food weird.
    18. Favorite dessert? Varied. Tiramisu, cake-like cheesecake, good carrot cake are high on the list.
    22. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Probably lasagna, white or red veggie versions
    23. Food you eat most every day? Nonfat plain Greek yogurt - just milk and yogurt culture
    25. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Onions (in dishes), tomatoes, cucumbers . . . lots of things
    26. Favorite packaged snack food? Recently, Enlightened brand crispy broad beans, mequite BBQ flavor
    27. Favorite sandwich? Lately, smoked tofu/mustard/onion/cheese/sauerkraut on Ezekiel tortilla

Prediction: I'll be sorry I answered, because this is one of those pot-stirring posts that gets lots of traffic, and hardly anyone will read the replies because too long.

TL;DR 🤣
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Over Easy
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee= with cream and sweetener of some sort, or hot cocoa. Tea= black or with honey
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Over easy eggs, bacon, hash browns, and a biscuit with butter and jam.
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? I like all that I've tried so far.
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Ranch
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Wine, or mixed drinks.
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Microwave Nachos
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Chinese Food
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Whatever I'm in the mood for... Generally something that doesn't take two hours to cook though.
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Boxed Mac& Cheese with kielbasa sausage.
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Avocados and Sauerkraut
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Liver
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Lasagna
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Mexican or Chinese food.
    15. Favorite junk food? Chips
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Loaded sweet potatoes. No, not with marshmallows and such. But like a loaded baked potato. Sour cream, butter, bacon, onions.
    17. Favorite dessert? Cookies
    18. Food when you're sick? home made chicken soup
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? ribeye steak and veggies
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Microwave Burritos
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Anything. But I tend to do things I can make a lot of for cheap like tacos.
    22. Food you eat most every day? I don't like eating anything daily. Unless you count coffee.
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? See above. I switch it up and get a different fruit every time.
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Anything green I love. But again, I switch it up. 90% of my recipes do call for an onion though.
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Popcorn or chips
    26. 26. Favorite sandwich? philly cheesesteaks
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    So far I’m surprised how many have said scrambled eggs. I thought over easy or sunny side up would be preferred. I would have guessed soup(chicken soup) would be favorite for feeling bad. Most other things look pretty diversified?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    So far I’m surprised how many have said scrambled eggs. I thought over easy or sunny side up would be preferred. I would have guessed soup(chicken soup) would be favorite for feeling bad. Most other things look pretty diversified?

I used to love sunny side up eggs...my tummy no longer likes them prepared that way.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

I said scrambled but I pretty much just microwave egg whites and liquid eggs and squirt some lite maple syrup on it every night so.... :)
  • PAPYRUS3

TL;DR 🤣

Sorry....it is long...but I'm actually reading them🤣
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    ooh I love surveys like this, thank you!!

1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)?
    <> fried, over hard, over easy or hard-boiled. I love eggs in general

2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
    <> black coffee, generally. Same for tea, but I do like a splash of milk in Earl Grey tea.

3. Favorite breakfast food?
    <> avocado toast w/ a fried egg is hard to beat

4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter?
    <> peanut butter but I also really like cashew butter

5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
    <> oil & vinegar

6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage?
    <> prosecco or Patron XO Cafe

7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make?
    <> egg sandwich - fried egg with toast, mustard and/or mayo & pickles

8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)?
    <> banh mi & boba tea

9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make?
    <> Chinese-style scallion pancakes w/ sides. Mostly I bake, though, when I'm in that sort of mood.

10. What food reminds you of your childhood?
    <> Doritos (Nacho or Cool Ranch) with Hiland French onion dip

11. What food can you remember hating that you now like?
    <> tofu and lots of vegetables, didn't really hate them but now genuinely like them

12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat?
    <> venison

13. What was your favorite food as a kid?
    <> combo burritos at a local place called Taco Hut

14. Favorite restaurant meal?
    <> probably squid salad at a great Korean place with all the banchan and a Hite or shared soju

15. Favorite junk food?
    <> Peeps!

16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird?
    <> not so much a "creation" but I LOVE ketchup or BBQ sauce on green beans

17. Favorite dessert?
    <> homemade rhubarb pie a la mode

18. Food when you're sick?
    <> egg and toast

19. Food for celebrating/special occasions?
    <> most seafood, really, and my best friend's amazing chocolate Texas sheet cake

20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal?
    <> Target's store brand spinach & goat cheese pizza

21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests?
    <> most hearty Tex Mex things, like quesadillas, chunky bean chili, enchiladas, etc.

22. Food you eat most every day?
    <> lately, sugar snap peas

23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?
    <> lately, Cara Cara oranges. At other times of year, fresh pineapple.

24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?
    <> peppers

25. Favorite packaged snack food?
    <> cinnamon graham crackers (if that counts)

26. Favorite sandwich?
    <> banh mi
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited January 2021
    @MaltedTea "Great questions,@PAPYRUS3! Are we gonna find out your answers?"

Here you go:
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scrambled…love a turmeric tofu scramble
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Black with Jordan syrup or just stevia
    3. Favorite breakfast food? I rarely have this, but my favorite would be oatmeal/nut butter/banana and yogurt mixed in
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? That’s hard cause they are so good…but what I have everyday is powdered pb
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? I just go with lemon or some sort of vinegar
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Wine – love it but too many calories to ‘drink’ away
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? I always pre-prep my veggies when I get them home from the store, so I usually just grab bits from it all and make a salad and put some sort of protein on top
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Lebanese or Thai
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Red lentil/coconut tofu stew/soup
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Lots (as I’m sure you are all the same) but I’ll just pick butter cream frosted Christmas cookies my mom would make.
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Cauliflower…I now eat it everyday (obsessed lol!)
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Meat (Pescatarian)
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Hot dogs
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Indian or Lebanese
    15. Favorite junk food? I’m not a typical ‘junk food’ person – but I do like sugar free Jordan flavored syrups…in everything
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Dry cottage cheese curd with hot sauce or with dark coca powder and sweetener….
    17. Favorite dessert? Typical – A well made Tiramisu. Non-typical – a plate of dates/dark chocolate/roasted nuts and or nut butter with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt
    18. Food when you're sick? Soup (back in the day I remember being ‘cured’ from a hangovers with congee
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Seafood/sushi
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? A rare thing for me – I might grab ‘something’ at my local health food store (they package up meals/salads, etc., from the café they run)
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? A meal-type ‘salad’ (roasted veggies/grain/nuts, etc.,) with a soup and bread (I don’t make the bread though)
    22. Food you eat most every day? I am someone who eats the same things everyday it seems …I’ll just say nori and powdered pb
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? I actually don’t eat fruit often - if I do it’s usually berries
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Oh…which one will I pick? I’ll just say cauliflower
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? If I’m running around all day, it’s great to have my own little baggie of almonds and cut up veggies
    26. Favorite sandwich? I love to roll a mix of veggies some sort of protein (or edamame pods on the side) in a nori sheet or romaine leaf. A typical sandwich would most likely be a roasted veggie panini

I used to ALWAYS have dry curd cottage cheese but now cannot find it anywhere! Where do you find it/what brand?

u3h7j595f0xg.png
    1onrydsxab5k.png
    rnrhfch9j3kl.png

I'm in Canada though - I wish I could find a organic one. I get the Foremost from Superstore and the other two are from Walmart (I love dry curd because it's super low in sodium and high in protein! (1/2 cup is 22 grams of protein and only 20 mg of sodium/ 110 calories)

• Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,116 Member
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Over medium.
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? With a splash of milk.
    3. Favorite breakfast food? oatmeal
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? peanut
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Italian or Dorothy Lynch lean
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Wine
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? eggs or chicken
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Chinese takeout
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Homemade soup
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? kolache
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? onions, mushrooms
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? raw fish
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? buttermilk pancakes or cheeseburgers
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Something Mexican
    15. Favorite junk food?
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? cottage cheese and salsa
    17. Favorite dessert? lemon meringue pie
    18. Food when you're sick? chicken soup
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? steak or salmon
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Weight watchers chicken enchilada suiza
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? roast beef dinner
    22. Food you eat most every day? salad
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? apple
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? lettuce
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Mini snickers or reeses
    26. Favorite sandwich? Philly Steak and Cheese
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Poached or fried over easy or over medium.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? I'm not really a fan of either. For coffee, I only really like it as a frappuccino type drink or as coffee ice cream (so, not really coffee lol). And for tea, I only really like bubble tea.

3. Favorite breakfast food? Either crepes or an everything bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese.

4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Jif and Peanut Butter & Co.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Russian dressing or ranch dressing.

6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Champagne.

7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Usually I'd just reheat leftovers in the microwave or even just do snacks like ice cream or chips.

8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Sushi!

9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? I like experimenting with recipes, so I'd pick a new recipe from one of the cookbooks I own or recipes from blogs that I've bookmarked.

10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Lunchables, Dunkaroos, tomato and mayo sandwiches.

11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Most meat/poultry. My parents overcooked all meat and poultry, so I never really enjoyed them until I had good versions in restaurants.

12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Licorice, strawberries, and watermelon.

13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Pizza, ice cream, mac and cheese. Still some of my favorites these days!

14. Favorite restaurant meal? I love all cuisines so it's hard to pick a favorite.

15. Favorite junk food? Ice cream and chips.

16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? I'm not sure I can think of anything. I tend to like to add a bit of savory notes (herbs/spices etc.) to dessert type items, so maybe that as it's not in everyone's taste.

17. Favorite dessert? I love all desserts, but some favorites are ice cream, chocolate lava cake (or chocolate anything really), French pastries, and doughnuts.

18. Food when you're sick? Usually just soup.

19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Caviar, champagne, lobster, a chocolate dessert.

20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? I don't typically eat pre-made food.

21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Most things, though I tend to make a lot of desserts for others.

22. Food you eat most every day? Dessert, if that counts haha.

23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? When in season, persimmons and mangoes.

24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Onions and garlic.

25. Favorite packaged snack food? Kettle chips.

26. Favorite sandwich? Grilled cheese or reuben.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited January 2021

I thought of one: Butter. When I was a tiny child, my favorite aunt, on one visit to her house, let me eat as much homemade butter as I wanted, with a spoon. I couldn't face butter - especially not cold butter - again for a couple decades. Made me shudder to think of eating it. In adulthood, I came to like melty butter on some things (potatoes, hot roll/bread), and later cold butter in thin layers became good on rolls, OK on sandwiches (though I'd never make one that way).