Food Survey

Options
PAPYRUS3
PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)?
2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
3. Favorite breakfast food?
4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter?
5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage?
7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make?
8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)?
9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make?
10. What food reminds you of your childhood?
11. What food can you remember hating that you now like?
12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat?
13. What was your favorite food as a kid?
14. Favorite restaurant meal?
15. Favorite junk food?
16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird?
17. Favorite dessert?
18. Food when you're sick?
19. Food for celebrating/special occasions?
20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal?
21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests?
22. Food you eat most every day?
23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?
24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?
25. Favorite packaged snack food?
26. Favorite sandwich?

Replies

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scrambled with butter
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? coffee with stevia and a splash of almond milk
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Protein pancakes with pb2 and strawberry jelly
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Fav simply jiff, but I eat pb2 great value
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Cheese haha
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? BAI drinks they are exxxxpensive
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Hummus chicken wrap with a banana
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Chicken philly with a small fry
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Chicken enchiladas
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Chef Boyordee Pizza kits
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Beans
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Livers 😒
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Mac and cheese with peas and hot dogs
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? These awesome cheese calzones from a greek place we go to
    15. Favorite junk food? Meal above lol
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Mashed potatoes mixed with coleslaw or coleslaw and baked beans
    17. Favorite dessert? Cheesecake 😄
    18. Food when you're sick? Mac and cheese
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? greek restaurant above
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? I eat canned veggies 😲
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Cakes
    22. Food you eat most every day? Pb2 powder
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Bananas
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Greenbeans
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Cheeze itz 😳
    26. Favorite sandwich? Turkey and cheese toasted

LORD JESUS guide 💟
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. Over Easy
    2. Half & Half
    3. Leftover Pizza
    4. Cashew butter
    5. Ranch
    6. Margaritas
    7. Nut Butter sandwich
    8. Pizza
    9. Lasagne
    10. Mum's pineapple yeast roll-ups
    11. Never met a food I didn't like
    12. Pickled pigs feet
    13. Pizza
    14. Sushi
    15. Pizza (notice a theme here?)
    16. Tuna and olives
    17. Ice cream
    18. Orange sherbet
    19. More Pizza!
    20. Banquet Fried Chicken
    21. Lasagne
    22. Greek Yogurt
    23. Tomatoes
    24. Onions
    25. Sweet: Oreo Double Stuff / Salty: Cashews
    26. BLT
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? I like eggs almost every way: over easy, over medium, scrambled, poached, hard-boiled.
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee, almost always black, rarely with a splash of milk or cream if it's too hot or it's bad coffee. Tea, almost always black, occasionally with a splash of milk, very rarely with milk and sugar.
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Grits or scrapple.
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Pistachio or smoke almond.
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Olive oil and vinegar, usually balsamic.
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Sparkling wine, campari and soda, or sambuca neat.
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Depends on how pressed and what meal. Really pressed? Cold cereal with milk. Peanut butter toast. Leftovers. Have a few minutes? Eggs and toast. Have 20 to 30 minutes? Pasta with veggies and any prepped protein on hand, with pesto or spicy peanut sauce.
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Pizza.
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Depends on the time of year. Warm weather, maybe a stir-fry or a pasta salad or a cold grain salad. Cold weather, stew, soup, chili.
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Yellow cake with chocolate icing.
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Seafood. Almost all the seafood I had as a child was inexpensive brands of deep-fried seafood from the freezer section, baked in the oven. I thought I didn't like seafood, but it turned out I just didn't like poor quality deep-fried seafood.
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Raw seafood (sushi). I can have a few bites, but anything more and my gag reflex starts to kick in from the texture. Animal products that I classify as connective tissue. Not meat or fat, but other bits that you can chew forever and the texture never changes, it just breaks down into smaller pieces.
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Egg salad sandwiches.
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Veal liver.
    15. Favorite junk food? Ridged potato chips and french onion dip.
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Plain yogurt mixed with cheese powder? Is that weird? Turkey liver mashed with chopped egg, mayo, sauteed shallots, and lemon juice (we call it pate)? Is that weird?
    17. Favorite dessert? Home-made baked goods of all kinds.
    18. Food when you're sick? Jello, or if I'm feeling a little better, soup.
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Ham if it's cold, grilled burgers and dogs if it's warm.
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Progresso's Italian wedding soup.
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? I'm pretty fearless -- I'll make things I've never made before for guests. But if I had plenty of time, I guess would feel most confident about a multi-dish Chinese meal (a couple of stir-fried dishes, some five-spice wings, cold spicy peanut noodles, hot and sour soup, some dumplings or egg rolls).
    22. Food you eat most every day? Other than coffee, there's not really anything I eat most every day. Maybe cheese, if you just lump all cheese together.
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? I'm pretty seasonal on fruit, but I eat bananas and berries year round. Fall and early winter, apples. Mid-winter to early spring, mandarin oranges. Mid-spring to mid-summer, LOTS of berries. Mid to late summer, stone fruit. Late summer to early fall, grapes.
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? I prefer variety. I probably have potatoes two or three times a week most weeks. Other veggies I might eat several days in a given week, but I'll buy something different the next time I shop. And I tend to be somewhat seasonal on these as well. This time of year (Northern Hemisphere/winter), I'm doing a lot of potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, carrots, onions, beets, cruciferous veggies. But I'm still buying some of the smaller tomatoes that have aroma and flavor, despite (presumably) coming out of hot houses.
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Roasted seaweed.
    26. Favorite sandwich? If I'm getting it at a deli, a Reuben. Or an Italian cold cut. At home, sliced turkey with cranberry sauce. Or a grilled cheese made with interesting cheese and good bread, with maybe some chutney or sliced tomato. Or peanut butter and banana.

Obviously, I don't generally have a single favorite that is always the thing I want within these categories.

Edited to fix the fact that I originally put my answers within a block of quoted text from the OP.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Love omelets, lots of spinach, mushrooms and throw on a handful of cheese
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? too much 1% milk and sugar
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Oatmeal made with almond milk and sugar-free syrup
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Jif but usually buy whatever's on sale
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Honey-Mustand or low-cal Ranch
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Vodka, kahlua and milk
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Grab an apple if I'm that pressed. :) Not usually any time constraints
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Pizza
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? N/A haha never in a cooking mood
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Good old-fashioned home cooking but mostly baked desserts
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Guacamole
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Sushi, don't ask me why because I've never had it
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? My mom's spice cake frosted with a thick layer of pb frosting
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Juicy bacon cheeseburger and sweet potato fries
    15. Favorite junk food? I'd have to say those awful packaged Lil Debbie type things. Shamefully love 'em
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Honestly cannot think of anything
    17. Favorite dessert? Carrot cake, cheesecake, anything on the thread of what you'd eat if it didn't have calories :/
    18. Food when you're sick? growing up it was always ritz crackers with grape jelly. Now it's whatever I'd feel like I guess. Mostly soup
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Hot cheesy Lasagna dinner with everything that goes with it
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Hmmm, not sure if we're supposed to get specific here. I'd prefer premade such as a meal from the deli at the store, chicken pot pie/biscuits type of thing
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Hot cheesy Lasagna dinner with everything that goes with it :)
    22. Food you eat most every day? 0% fat Stoneyfield plain yogurt with sugar-free syrup
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? when clementines are in season, those. If not, maybe apples or blueberries or watermelon (I obviously have a difficult time with making decisions)
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? baby carrots
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? crackers, love crackers but try to avoid
    26. Favorite sandwich? A wrap with chicken, hummus, spinach, avocado, maybe a little honey mustard, and lots of other interesting little additions

Thanks for this; surveys are always fun to do :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scambled--nothing or a touch of EVOO
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee--milk. Tea---plain
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Overnite oats
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Peanut butter
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Love Ceasar, but usually balsamic and EVOO
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Limoncello or Proscecco
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? A sandwich
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Pasta--all types
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Sloppy Joes and dill pickles
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Beans
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Fennel and artichokes
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? McDonalds hamburger--no ketchup or mustard
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Calzone--tomato, proscuitto crudo, fresh basil, and mozzarella
    15. Favorite junk food? gummy candy
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Pumpkin Pie--it's not an Italian thing
    17. Favorite dessert? Gelato--fruit flavors
    18. Food when you're sick? Chicken soup
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Spaghetti w lobster
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Spinach patties
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Pasta
    22. Food you eat most every day? Pasta
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Crunchy crisp apples
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Lettuce--any type
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Crackers
    26. Favorite sandwich? Pita w mayonaise, lettuce, chicken and bacon

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are we going by ACTUAL favorites for this list, or the favorites we (I) may use when monitoring calories? I'll go with actual favorites, because its more fun LOL

1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)?
    sunny side up or scrambled

2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
    very seriously. ;)
    With sweetened creamer

3. Favorite breakfast food?
    belgian waffles with whip cream

4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter?
    not picky about brand of peanut butter

5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
    varies depending on my mood. ranch, honey mustard, sweet onion

6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage?
    I don't drink hardly any alcohol, if that's what you're referring to

7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make?
    i need more specifics. snack, dinner?

8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)?
    chinese (but still have to pick it up we don't have any delivery in our rural area)

9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make?
    bake something

10. What food reminds you of your childhood?
    stuffed peppers

11. What food can you remember hating that you now like?
    cabbage and brussel sprouts, though I am highly selective over how they are prepared

12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat?
    kale

13. What was your favorite food as a kid?
    Stuffed peppers

14. Favorite restaurant meal?
    Depends on where we are. Mexican - enchiladas or fish tacos. italian- some sort of cheese filled pasta. My favorite brunch place? Belgian waffles or monte cristo sandwich, pup- fish and chips

15. Favorite junk food?
    Peanut butter cups!

16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird?
    Strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar

17. Favorite dessert?
    chocolate anything

18. Food when you're sick?
    soup

19. Food for celebrating/special occasions?
    cake

20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal?
    none

21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests?
    anything. chili, BBQ (if you're not in the south you don't know what I mean by BBQ lol). both feed a lot, are easy to make

22. Food you eat most every day?
    sweets

23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?
    grapes

24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?
    varies

25. Favorite packaged snack food?
    sweet or salty? sweet and salty popcorn hits both or peanut butter cups (I just have no moderation with those LOL)

26. Favorite sandwich?
    Monte cristo
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Overeasy or scrambled, depending on mood.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? A tad bit of creamer and two Equals for coffee. For tea, I just prefer some sweetener.

3. Favorite breakfast food? Ideally, in a calorie free world, a stack of pancakes with syrup and butter.

4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Just regular old creamy PB.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Caesar or Italian.

6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? I like a light, fruity ale like Blue Moon.

7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? A veggie burger and fries

9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts

10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Grilled cheese and tomato soup

11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Meatloaf

12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Veal

13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Honestly, any fast food lol That's what brought me to this board lol.

14. Favorite restaurant meal? Indian! Either malai kofta or chicken tikka masala with naan, vegetable samosas.

15. Favorite junk food? Ice cream, chocolate, cheese and crackers, chips and French onion dip

16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Not weird, but a lot of people think it's gross to mix ketchup and mayo together for dipping, but I think it's delicious!

17. Favorite dessert? Tiramisu, carrot cake, banana cream pie

18. Food when you're sick? McDonald's. I know it's weird, but whenever I was sick as a kid and couldn't eat, my parents brought me home McDonalds and it was all I wanted. Thankfully, that habit is few and far between now, but I still love me some McDonald's.

19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Eggplant parmesan

20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Trader Joe's has a great reduced guilt mac-and-cheese that I pair with their grilled chicken for dinner sometimes. Or a regular can of tuna will do!

21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Hm, I dunno! I'm not a great cook lol.

22. Food you eat most every day? Used to be eggs but I discovered I have an egg white intolerance!

23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Raspberries

24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Carrots

25. Favorite packaged snack food? Cool Ranch Doritos, Strawberry Frosted Pop Tarts, Reese's Cups, Pickle-flavored chips. You want me to pick one? Lol

26. Favorite sandwich? Grilled cheese or an Italian hero
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Poached or soft boiled
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Usually straight/neat but may add 1-2 tbsp oat creamer
    3. Favorite breakfast food? See #1
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Smooth peanut butter. Natural or low sugar varieties. No brand preference.
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Homemade vinaigrette
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? 🤔 I- I don't have one
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? See #1
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Chinese / Asian fusion food from Dynastie's ridiculously long menu. Rule: Always order one thing you've not tried from them yet
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? A red meat or beef dish (I'm not big on red meat unless it's relatively fresh game)
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? See #1 😍
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Fish, I suppose. But it has to be boneless
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Fish with bones 😭
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Lipton's chicken noodle soup (I've been told I had a song and dance routine for it)
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? A pesto chicken dish I had one time, as a teen, at a casual Italian restaurant in Ontario called Alice Fazooli's. Never been beaten. And I just checked...they don't offer it anymore. Way to mess up my childhood, "Alice" 😐
    15. Favorite junk food? Goat roti
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Ackee and saltfish. Hold the fish. My Jamaican grandmother is not amused.
    17. Favorite dessert? If it's lactose-free I'll eat it as long as there's no custard or whipped cream
    18. Food when you're sick? Homemade broth. Always ready in the freezer
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? My grandmother's, of course 😍😋
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? As an ENTIRE meal?! Not applicable.
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? As an ENTIRE food?! Not applicable. 🤣 I hate being in the kitchen for hours then having to turn around and host. Non merci. I'll cater most of it or order in.
    22. Food you eat most every day? iwon's BBQ protein chips. The health food store gets them for me in boxes now 😳
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Blueberries
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Garlic
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? See #22
    26. Favorite sandwich? Open. The only criteria is that it must be savoury and messy

Great questions, @PAPYRUS3! Are we gonna find out your answers?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs? Over medium. Set whites, runny yolks. Gimme it.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Hot coffee: black, no sugar. Iced coffee: with half-and-half. Herbal tea: with milk and honey. Black or green tea: straight.

3. Favorite breakfast food? I love a good benedict.

4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? I wish almond butter were less expensive.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Balsamic vinaigrette.

6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? I have some eggnog aging in the fridge right now that I'm pretty excited about, it should be ready in time for my husband's birthday next week.

7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Probably pasta, that comes together quickly and I can improvise a sauce if needed.

8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Tijuana Flats, probably.

9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? I cook for almost every meal, so whatever I want, I guess. Today I'm going to be making a batch of breakfast burritos, tomorrow I'll be prepping some kielbasa-and-vegetable pasta lunches and making chicken paprikash for dinner.

10. What food reminds you of your childhood? "Daddy Rice," which is like a poor-man's risotto - make cream of mushroom soup per package directions, add a canful of instant rice. So called because my dad taught me how to make it many years ago.

11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Mushrooms. It was a texture thing, canned mushrooms are squeaky and spongy and awful. Then I had a fresh mushroom prepared in a way that wasn't traumatizing, so now I can eat them.

12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? There was a brief period in my childhood when these awful canned new potatoes made an appearance at every dinner. They're salty and mushy and terrible. My in-laws busted them out at family dinner recently and I had the most visceral physical reaction upon seeing them.

13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Pickles and salami. Not necessarily together, although if you're offering, yes please, but those two things I would never turn down.

14. Favorite restaurant meal? There's a place near us that does a loaded-fries appetizer topped with fried chicken tenders in sauce. My husband and I split one for dinner weekly for most of 2020. I'm not proud of this.

15. Favorite junk food? Hot Cheetos.

16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? For a very brief time in middle school, I would eat pickle-and-ketchup sandwiches on whole-wheat bagels. I remember it being good. I haven't revisited this combo in about 20 years.

17. Favorite dessert? Ice cream!!

18. Food when you're sick? Toast with butter and jelly.

19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Steak dinner, either prepared by yours truly or at a nice steakhouse.

20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Dinty Moore beef stew. I can also make a beef stew, but it's never going to have the same texture as canned. Neither is better than the other, they're two different things.

21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? I'm a pretty confident cook in general tbh.

22. Food you eat most every day? Breakfast burritos that I prep on the weekends.

23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Probably tomato, it finds its way into so many of the things I cook. For whole fruit, though, that just kind of depends. I try to pack some kind of fruit in my work lunches, right now I have blood oranges (which I guess have been rebranded to "raspberry oranges"?), often I'll have apples. Sometimes I dice up a fruit like mango or strawberries and make DIY fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt cups; sometimes I make the fruit into compote/syrup and flavor my yogurt with that - I recently did it with blueberries.

24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Onion, for the same reason as tomato. I put that **** in everything.

25. Favorite packaged snack food? Cheese sticks.

26. Favorite sandwich? I love a good Cuban.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scrambled
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee is 2 Splenda and 2 Tbsp of Flavored creamer. Tea I don't drink often at all. Usually with honey and lemon.
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel with extra butter and salt, pepper and ketchup.
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Pecan butter was sooo good when I tried it.
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? French
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Margaritas of all kinds! 🍹
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Bacon and eggs with toast
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? I like Hong Kong barbecue
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Fried Chicken, baked Mac and cheese, candied yams, green beans and popovers
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? My moms cabbage, kielbasa and potatoes
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? All vegetables
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Fish and turkey bacon
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Wendy's or McDonald's
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Surf and Turf
    15. Favorite junk food? Bacon cheeseburgers
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? I don't have weird food combos
    17. Favorite dessert? Not a fan of sweets. If I had to choose, pecan tarts.
    18. Food when you're sick? I usually don't have an appetite when sick. So soup or something.
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Surf and Turf
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Hungry Man Spicy Nashville Hot Chicken
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? I feel confident preparing anything. 🤷‍♀️
    22. Food you eat most every day? Bacon
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? OAS to most fruits. I recently started to like pomegranate seeds.
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Spinach is usually the base of my daily bulk salads.
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips
    26. Favorite sandwich? Hot Dogs 😈

This was fun! 😁
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? I do like scrambled eggs, extra fluffy with ketchup for dipping. But I also like sunny side up with buttered toast!
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee = only do nitro cold brew... don't drink tea
    3. Favorite breakfast food? I don't eat breakfast, but I would say bacon and eggs?
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? crunchy peanut butter
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? no dressing!
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? champagne
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? nothing, but will grab a protein snack of some kind
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? pizza
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? lasagna! or something greek
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? toaster strudel, sloppy joes, tri-color pasta with parmesan. see the 'flavors of childhood' thread for more
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? mustard
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? trying to stay away from breads and grains :(
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? jalapeno poppers
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? either chopped salad or nachos!
    15. Favorite junk food? so many random things! usually something with chocolate though
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? so many...
    17. Favorite dessert? I want to say pie, but I really don't know
    18. Food when you're sick? nothing bc no appetite
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? shrimp
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? easy mac
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? salads
    22. Food you eat most every day? protein bar
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? no fruits
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? cabbage
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Quest chips
    26. Favorite sandwich? Rueben
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Vegan. I eat oatmeal instead. Savory style with all the veggies one might put in an omelette
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? With my own mix of cocoa powder, cayenne, stevia and vanilla
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Savory oatmeal with veg. See #1 above.
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? PB2 powder reconstituted with water and a teensy bit of Siracha
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? I make a killer Bombay mango chutney dressing with silken tofu, cilantro and curry powder.
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? IPA from the local brewpub
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Half a piece of Mestmacher rye bread with avocado and tomato
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Sechuan tofu and eggplant
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Probably veggie chili or a lasagna with zucchini planks instead of pasta and crumbled tofu and nutritional yeast instead of ricotta
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Canned green beans
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Lima beans
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Meat, eggs and dairy.
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Tamale pie or turkey noodle soup after Thanksgiving
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? The crispy tofu bowl with lettuce, sweet potato, pickled onions and satay sauce at Girlsgirlsgirls Burritos
    15. Favorite junk food? Really good french fries with cayenne
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Well, there's that whole savory oatmeal and veg thing . . .
    17. Favorite dessert? Vegan ice cream made with coconut milk from a local botique creamery
    18. Food when you're sick? Mushroom soup or butternut squash soup
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Depends on the occasion, but sechuan tofu is right up there
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Amy's lentil and veg soup
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Homemade bread and the veggie lasagna from #9
    22. Food you eat most every day? Oatmeal and veg
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Apples or blueberries
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Bok choy, mushrooms, and/or napa cabbage
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Microwave popcorn
    26. Favorite sandwich? Avocado and tomato on Mestmacher rye or pumpernickel with a shake of Tajin

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Pretty much any way they come. Most often scrambled or in an omelet. But love dipping toast in over easy as well!
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? cream only
    3. Favorite breakfast food? eggs with some bacon and a slice of bread
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? regular pb does it for me
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? french, greek (oil, vinegar and feta), ranch
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? a good craft beer
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? protein bar
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Mcdouble or pizza
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? any bbq steak
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? lasagna or pasta
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? vegetarian pastas, cod fish
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? high sugar foods...like donuts. Anything heavy with milk as it tends to make me ill
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? pasta, lasagna, pizza
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Lamb or a nice steak if its a fancy place. A good pizza or burger if its a more casual dining experience
    15. Favorite junk food? anything salty, chips, nachos etc. Choc covered anything (almonds, raisins)
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? I make a salad with literally anything on my plate.
    17. Favorite dessert? a good cheese cake is hard to beat.
    18. Food when you're sick? soups
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? depends how fancy we are going. Chinese, Fried chicken, pizza, for non-fancy occasions. A nice steak if its more formal, or lamb or seafood
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? soups, tuna
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? BBQ
    22. Food you eat most every day? eggs of some sort
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? apple, banana
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?corn, broccoli, carrot
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? protein bar, chips
    26. Favorite sandwich? clubhouse, or Bacon Lettuce Tomato

• PAPYRUS3
    Options
    @MaltedTea "Great questions,@PAPYRUS3! Are we gonna find out your answers?"

Here you go:
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scrambled…love a turmeric tofu scramble
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Black with Jordan syrup or just stevia
    3. Favorite breakfast food? I rarely have this, but my favorite would be oatmeal/nut butter/banana and yogurt mixed in
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? That’s hard cause they are so good…but what I have everyday is powdered pb
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? I just go with lemon or some sort of vinegar
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Wine – love it but too many calories to ‘drink’ away
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? I always pre-prep my veggies when I get them home from the store, so I usually just grab bits from it all and make a salad and put some sort of protein on top
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Lebanese or Thai
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Red lentil/coconut tofu stew/soup
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Lots (as I’m sure you are all the same) but I’ll just pick butter cream frosted Christmas cookies my mom would make.
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Cauliflower…I now eat it everyday (obsessed lol!)
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Meat (Pescatarian)
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Hot dogs
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Indian or Lebanese
    15. Favorite junk food? I’m not a typical ‘junk food’ person – but I do like sugar free Jordan flavored syrups…in everything
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Dry cottage cheese curd with hot sauce or with dark coca powder and sweetener….
    17. Favorite dessert? Typical – A well made Tiramisu. Non-typical – a plate of dates/dark chocolate/roasted nuts and or nut butter with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt
    18. Food when you're sick? Soup (back in the day I remember being ‘cured’ from a hangovers with congee
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Seafood/sushi
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? A rare thing for me – I might grab ‘something’ at my local health food store (they package up meals/salads, etc., from the café they run)
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? A meal-type ‘salad’ (roasted veggies/grain/nuts, etc.,) with a soup and bread (I don’t make the bread though)
    22. Food you eat most every day? I am someone who eats the same things everyday it seems …I’ll just say nori and powdered pb
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? I actually don’t eat fruit often - if I do it’s usually berries
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Oh…which one will I pick? I’ll just say cauliflower
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? If I’m running around all day, it’s great to have my own little baggie of almonds and cut up veggies
    26. Favorite sandwich? I love to roll a mix of veggies some sort of protein (or edamame pods on the side) in a nori sheet or romaine leaf. A typical sandwich would most likely be a roasted veggie panini
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Nice list but no way I'm going 2 bother posting all of my answers here.

I just noted the answers mentally as I answered them wc was an "interesting" exercise
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Nice list but no way I'm going 2 bother posting all of my answers here.

I just noted the answers mentally as I answered them wc was an "interesting" exercise

It is a bit long lol!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Poached
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Both black, no sugar
    3. Favorite breakfast food?Fresh air - I don’t eat breakfast
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Wholenut peanut
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? None, it doesn’t need it.
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage?Red Wine
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make?Pasta
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? I know you’ve said I must choose, but I never order in so I can’t!
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make?Always in a cooking mood (kitchen is my happy place) so I’ll cook anything and everything!
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood?Corned Beef
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like?Sweet Potato
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat?Meat & Fish
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Don’t think I had one.
    14. Favorite restaurant meal?Whatever looks interesting on the menu
    15. Favorite junk food?I don’t really know what counts as junk food? I don’t eat fast food, if that’s what it means 🤷‍♀️
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird?Burnt toast and grated carrot
    17. Favorite dessert?Kiwi fruit pavlova
    18. Food when you're sick?toast with marmite
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions?Roasted Veg Lasagne, Garlic Bread & Salad
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal?Dont eat anything like that
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests?Pretty much anything
    22. Food you eat most every day?Salad, especially tomatoes
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?I don’t eat fruit every day, but if I chose a fruit I had to eat every day it would be cantaloupe melon or raspberries I guess
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis?Beans of some description
    25. Favorite packaged snack food?Again, don’t really know what this means, but I don’t snack so I’m going to say none.
    26. Favorite sandwich?Tomato

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scrambled, but anyway is fine
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee with milk.strong hot tea with milk and vanilla-winter, iced unsweetened tea-summer
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Bacon and eggs
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Almond butter
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? None, thanks. Lots of salt
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? None
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Meat in George Foreman, Veg in microwave.
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Haven’t ordered delivery for maybe 30 years.
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Bread
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Mayonnaise and mustard sandwiches. Pecan sandies cookies.
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? All vegetables
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Spinach (makes my tummy hurt)
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? Spaghetti? Waffles? Rice and sugar sauce?
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Anything Mexican
    15. Favorite junk food? Tacos?
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Can’t think of one
    17. Favorite dessert? An apple? Or peach?
    18. Food when you're sick? Chicken noodle soup
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Flaming dessert
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Sweet Sue chicken dumplings with a bag of frozen veggies dumped in
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Baked chicken
    22. Food you eat most every day? ? Eat a lot of carrots, cheese
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Apple
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Carrots, lettuce
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Does string cheese count?
    26. Favorite sandwich? Cheese dreams= bacon, tomato, cheese, open face.

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? over easy
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? espresso w/1/2 tsp maple syrup; tea without sweetner
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Country Benedict (with biscuit, sausage, gravy)
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Hazlenut butter
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Negroni
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? Tuna w/capers and Primal Kitchen chipotle lime mayo
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Sushi takeout
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? Tagliatelle Bolgonese
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Mashed potatoes
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Avocados and asparagus
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Liver ... repulsive stuff.
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? chocolate pudding
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? squid salad, sashimi, nigiri sushi, nigori sake
    15. Favorite junk food? regular Lays potato chips
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? can't think of anything
    17. Favorite dessert? Thai sticky rice and mango ... I don't like most desserts as they're too sweet
    18. Food when you're sick? Tortilla-less soup ... I love tortilla soup but without the tortillas
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Prime rib eye steak, fully loaded baked potato, nice glass of red wine
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? Amy's Cheese Enchiladas
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Build your own tacos with assortment of meat, queso fundido w/rajas and chorizo
    22. Food you eat most every day? olives
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? berries ... usually in the form of a smoothie
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? I don't typically snack on veggies
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? 85% dark chocolate
    26. Favorite sandwich? I don't usually eat sandwiches because I rarely eat bread but I do like grilled cheese on rye

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Why do I feel like half these questions are @pancakerunner threads? 😀

1. How do you like your eggs (if you don't eat - what might you eat instead)? Scrambled or sunny side up
    2. How do you take your coffee/tea? I don't drink coffee but tea with splenda
    3. Favorite breakfast food? Pancakes? Waffles?
    4. Favorite nut/pb and/or seed butter? Sunflower
    5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Bolthouse Farms bleu cheese, cucumber ranch, italian, or balsamic
    6. Favorite ‘special occasion’ beverage? Still gonna be water or diet coke
    7. You’re pressed for time, what do you make? My hand in a box of cereal
    8. You’re feeling lazy. What do you order in (must choose something)? Do calories not count because some kind of Chinese noodley dish
    9. You're in a cooking mood. What do you make? What is this "cooking mood" you speak of?
    10. What food reminds you of your childhood? Macaroni and cheese
    11. What food can you remember hating that you now like? Brussel sprouts. And that's a stretch
    12. Is there a food that you currently refuse to eat? Spicy foods but I go crazy and forget that sometimes
    13. What was your favorite food as a kid? If my Saturday mornings before anyone else woke up are any indication, white bread
    14. Favorite restaurant meal? Chilean sea bass
    15. Favorite junk food? SERIOUSLY???? Have you READ any of my posts??? All of them! 😀
    16. Food creation that you love and others think is weird? Maybe peanut butter and pickle sandwiches...got the idea from a book
    17. Favorite dessert? Any cookie or cake. (except German chocolate or carrot)
    18. Food when you're sick? Chicken noodle soup
    19. Food for celebrating/special occasions? Nothing really
    20. Frozen/Canned/Pre-made meal? I kinda like spaghettios
    21. Food you're most confident preparing for guests? Absolutely none
    22. Food you eat most every day? Cookies 😀 But also 3 parts cottage cheese mixed with one part 0% Greek yogurt, protein powder and splenda
    23. Fruit you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Bananas
    24. Veggie you're most likely to eat on a daily basis? Lettuce
    25. Favorite packaged snack food? Little Debbie's swiss cake rolls and Mrs Freshly's donut sticks
    26. Favorite sandwich? Why is this stumping me? We have a client that made a really good roast beef (when they still sold it) sandwich.