Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Under 200 calorie Lunch or meal options?

I'm trying to eat many smaller meals a day instead of 3 larger ones as this seems to work better for me as far as being hungry throughout the day and sticking to my goals. But, i am having a hard time finding good things that are under this threshold, they all seem to be 400 calories or so and I cant do that multiple times a day or I am over my limit! Any ideas? :)

Replies

• MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Maybe break up 400/500 calories meals into multiple servings? Otherwise soup is the only 'meal' sort of thing I can think of that is so low in calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    My breakfast is small - Yogurt Parfait

80 calorie Greek yogurt (non-fat, fake sugar) - 1/3 cup blueberries - 15 grams of Fiber One cereal (1/3 serving) and about a tablespoon (10 grams) of slivered almonds

I googled "Eat this Much" and put in a large(r) number for meals.....responses were a smoothie, cottage cheese & fruit, chicken w/ mushrooms, and a sandwich.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Break up your meals into smaller portions that fit your 200 calorie target. Otherwise, the only thing I can really think of is snacky kind of food like an apple and some peanut butter or cottage cheese with some fruit, etc.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 989 Member
    One of my go-to things for breakfast is Plain No Sugar soya yoghurt with chia seeds and a handful of berries. That's definitely under 200 cals.

My salads are usually under 100 cals and could still be under 200 cals, depending on what / how much protein I added. My home-made chicken and vegetable soup is also under 100 cals.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I've started buying those packaged salads that come with the toppings and dressing in separate packages. They keep in the fridge for a good time. I then mix one of them up and load it into several Tupperware containers I can take with me. The salad fills me up and I may add a couple string cheese or a protein bar, for the fat and protein
  • cupcakeCravingsmom
    cupcakeCravingsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Special k cereal (read boxes different flavor more or less calories) with Unsweetened Almond milk- 200cal range (of have extra calories left a few strawberries 🍓)

Egg whites 25cal per serving (so can adjust it), 0 cal pepper if love it optional) . Can eat on 1 slice of bread 70 per slice cal one toast it or in 1 tortilla.

Lunch meat read labels some are super low cal or strips of meat you cut up like baked chicken or steak strips put in 1 slice of bread,1 tortilla,1 wrap,1 cheese slice,low cal sub bread , or in salad 🥗. Can add veggies you like. Or eat it by itself with some fruit/vegetables
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,069 Member
    Egg or turkey veggie wrap

Chili
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    That's the opposite of how I like to eat, but tons of options. I agree with those saying divide up current meals. An egg + an apple. Cottage cheese + half an avocado. Salad with chicken breast, a bunch of veg, and low cal dressing (red wine vinegar plus mustard plus a tiny bit of olive oil is good). Many other options, depending on your taste preferences.
  • hedgieandme
    hedgieandme Posts: 14 Member
    My go to is a sort of shakshuka. Fry off some chilli, garlic, cumin and smoked paprika. Add onion and whatever veg needs using up. Add a tin of tomatoes, parsley, salt/pepper/msg and half a tin of water. Simmer for 15 mins (tbh you can skip that if you're in a rush). Crack an egg on top and poach it in the liquid. Done.

An onion is about 10cals, a tin of tomatoes is about 100cals depending on the brand and an egg is about 60 to 70cals. That leaves 30 to 40cals for extra veg or a small grating of cheese. Or if you can push to 300cals for the meal, you can have an extra egg or a toasted pitta to dip.
  • camel930boy
    camel930boy Posts: 1 Member
    I usually eat a pure protean bar and a cup of coffee . 214 calories for the whole meal. Do not freak out over 14/20 calories sometimes eating so few calories in a meal can do more harm then good.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Veggie soup with protein powder = delish. Today's was from here: https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegan/thai-red-curry-butternut-squash-soup/ - plus pea protein = 190ish for a really big bowl full.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Today I had the asian salad from Taylor Farms only 160 cals and I had a tangerine with it for another 35 cals, also avocado toast with a tangerine or a few grapes , maybe 1/2 an apple, taco soup is a good option, lean cuisine has some options, a chicken leg and spinach salad...or spaghetti squash with marinara
  • Ronin8033
    Ronin8033 Posts: 4 Member
    It's probably more of a snack, but, I like 0.5 cups of cottage cheese with 0.5 cups of fresh cut pineapple mixed in. I find it curbs my hunger for at least a couple/few hours. Only about 170-190 calories depending on what cottage cheese you use.
  • kouponkk
    kouponkk Posts: 2 Member
    I like to spread laughing cow pepper cheese on rice cakes and then put fresh red pepper (chopped) on top. So delish! Very low calories.
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Katherinemoore03
    Hi Katherine. I was having the same issue. I find a lot of great stuff on pinterest. I recently found a yummy soup from a great website that is all about low cal meals, lunches and breakfasts. Heres the link. The soup averages about 200 calories a bowl. And makes 6 bowls. I used a scale because they say 2 carrots or cups of so and so but sometimes different brands are different calories or the recipe uses bigger carrots and stuff like that. I like to plan it out to be sure. Its a very versatile soup and its easy to make. Hope you find some good meals and lunches on the site :)

https://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-hearty-vegetable-and-bean-soup/