Before and After but still going

Options
ManlyMutt
ManlyMutt Posts: 23 Member
In may of 2019 I weighed 385 pounds. I stopped drinking soda and just doing that I lost weight. I didn't really plan on losing weight. I was happy at my weight but I didn't realize how much my weight as affecting who I was as a person. I was attempting to go back to school at that May I failed my semester for the 3rd time. I am a very smart person but just couldn't focus. I would start studying and very shortly found myself studying in bed. I was too tired to even study. My doctors put me on a bunch of different medications that just made me feel worse. I finally was able to afford a sleep study in September of last year and found out I had severe sleep apnea with 55 episodes an hour. I couldn't take to my CPAP even though I was extremely excited about getting it. I paid all out of pocket for this. I got pissed! I got depressed but most of all I realized this was due to my weight and decided that my foodie days were over and I HAD to lose weight. By this time just from my depression i had dropped down to 325 by mid November. December 3rd I started pacing for miles in my house. I dropped below 300 and bought a treadmill the beginning of Jan. I'm now at 287 with consuming 1200-1800 calories a day and burning 600 of those calories a day on my treadmill. I finally got an after picture taken last week at 291 and couldn't believe the difference. I'm not done! I'm going to keep working hard and blow away the 2 pound a week average because I know eventually as I lose weight it'll slow down. I'm meeting with a nutritionist Tuesday and really looking forward to that! I dont know how people do the single picture of the before and after with their weight on the photo but below is me at 385 and then at 291!

398hlv0zyhli.jpg

3va348aqb0v6.jpg

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Great job! Because of your commitment, you will surely reach your goal.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Keep setting and crushing those goals! You've got this.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing. Keeping your before picture and words that you just shared will be a great motivator for your continued success.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, wonderful commitment to your health. Quite frankly, your life!!
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations, you are an inspiration, keep going and you look great and years younger.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And is that Cory with you? The Liberty?
  • cyndeepohl
    cyndeepohl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow you are definitely an inspiration to us all
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing progress! :)
  • 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! such great progress, and such great dedication!
  • ManlyMutt
    ManlyMutt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bbbgamer wrote: »
    Congratulations! And is that Cory with you? The Liberty?

Yep! Thats Cory on the Liberty! He's my favorite Entertainment Director. I was bummed when he left Carnival. I try to take a cruise every 2 years. I love them! That photo was back in 2015.

• PaulaJ45
    PaulaJ45 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is great! Congratulations.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work!
  • AlettaJean
    AlettaJean Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're an inspiration to me.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Congrats you are doing awesome and what an inspiring story of your journey. Hang in there I know you can do it. I have been there too. 2 years ago I weighed 227 pounds and now I have lost all but the last .2 of a pound so dedication and hardwork does payoff.
    Good luck to you.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!