New Zealand Group!!!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm not 100% sure if this is how you you start a group so correct me if I'm wrong - I just guessing you start a topic and everyone keeps adding to it??

So could everyone who wants to join please introduce yourself and tell us where about in New Zealand you are from..

Also I think it would be great if we could each set a Christmas weight loss goal? there's exactly 15 weeks until Christmas day!

Replies

• anjulie787
    anjulie787 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm Anjulie, I live in Maketu in the Bay of Plenty

CW - 70kgs
    GW By Christmas - 60kgs
  • Brainsurgeon
    Brainsurgeon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm Meg from Auckland. I've lost 3 kgs since I started ( a little bit before I started logging on here) and I've got 7 kgs to go. Xmas sounds like a good goal (although Hubby and I have made more of a long-term lifestyle change rather than a date/goal IYKWIM).
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey anjulie787 and Brainsurgeon!

Thankx for making this group. Yay for a Kiwi group!

I'm Kelly, I'm 32, I have Sophie(nearly 8) and Annabelle(19 months) and we live with my DP(forum speak boyfriend) of 4 yrs(Annabelle's Dad) in Wellington. I'm a full time SAHM(stay at home mum)

I'm 4.5 kgs away from my goal weight of 55 kgs. I gained 27 kgs with my last pregnancy. I have lost all of that, plus a little more. My pre-pregnancy weight was 63 kgs, which I wasn't happy with, but too lazy to change. So I am now 59.4 kgs. I'm 5ft2(158cms) and I have a small frame, so extra weight on me is very obvious.
  • craftlovers
    Options
    Hey there, I'm from Auckland, I don't have a goal as such just hope to be less than what I am now if that makes sense.
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    sounds like a plan :D though i really dont want to be reminded of christmas lol
    Im Jess from Dunedin/Nelson, currently doing a PhD in biochemistry, loving life :D Cant wait for summer though so i can get my surf on again (a tadge too cold atm) i love exercise and fitness especially pole dancing, kick boxing and swimming. I got really sick this year though and so added a kg or ten so wanting to work my way back to where i was previously, love that i can track food and exercise and i love talking to people with the same goals :D
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Hi Guys, I am Tania, I am living near Rotorua.

So far I have lost a bit over 10kgs since I had my son 18 months ago, I am now happily under pre pregnancy weight. I also have a 7 year old daughter.

I have a few goals, the first is to get to 65kg, and once there I will see if I want to lose more or not.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Emma and I live in Hastings. Aged 40 with 4 kids aged 12, 11, 9 and 6, and work as a psychologist for NZ Police. Hmmm Xmas goals - I would like to be still on a lower dose of my beta blocker and feeling fitter.

Afterthought.... is anyone on facebook or keen to start a kiwi group on there?
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Kia ora all,

I'm Janine, I have just over 8kgs to get to my goal. I live in Wellington {the coolest little capital in the world} and it's rocking atm which I LOVE. I'm a rugby fanatic so am in my element at the mo. Good luck to all with their goals. Before christmas I hope to have smoked my goal and then some!!!!!

Ka kite and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

:flowerforyou:
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Heya all I'm from Palmerston North, I started on MFP in June and have lost 6.5kg (put 0.5kg on this week doh) my SW was 70kg my Xmas GW is 60kg and my ultimate GW is 55kg approx and my CW is 63.5kg. I have two daughters 12 and 8, a pitbull named Axel and a wonderful partner who I am marrying next year. I just started back at Karate which I haven't done for 7 years and my goal is to get my Black Belt (3 belts away). I am also looking at studying next year to become a fitness instructor (have my fingers crossed for that). So glad we finally have a NZ Group yay!! may we all push each day and reach our goals :smile:
  • craftlovers
    Options
    Yay more of us hehe, I'm on FB would love to join a group on there as I am there a lot when couch bound
  • g_warne
    Options
    Hi! My name's Grace and I'm up in Auckland. Currently finishing up my studies for Landscape Architecture and married to a wonderful husband. I'm pretty active and an avid horseback rider but these intense studies mean I'm not at the weight I'd like to be as more inactivity than normal. Currently at 58 kg and looking to get down to somewhere between 52-55 kg.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Leanne and I'm from Palmerston North but studying in Dunedin. I'm in my second year studying Human Nutrition. During my first year at uni I stoped exercising and watching what I ate. As a result I gained 10kg so I'm working on slowly losing it again. I've lost 3kg so far. I like being active and have just started running again.
    As for christmas goals, I would like to be at least down to 54kg and alot fitter.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    Hi im Shelz from Te Awamutu
    Goal by xmas 68kg, ultimately want to be 65.
    have 2 kids 2.5yrs and almost 11 months old. have lost about 25kg since having my baby.
  • harm_ny
    Options
    I wish I was from New Zealand... :*(
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Amanda, I live in Auckland with my hubby and 22 month old son.
    My highest weight was arround 102 straight after my son was born, I put on about 35kg throughout the pregnancy (eekk!)

I am now down to 69kg. I lost 12kgs of that since joining MFP (in April).

Am hoping to get down to 65kg and my goal weight before I get pregnant again with #2!
    I plan on using MFP throughout my next pregnancy (whenever that is), to keep me on track. No way do I want to put all that weight back on!!

So that's me - excited to have a NZ Group! There are quite a few of us on here!
  • anjulie787
    anjulie787 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has already joined!

I didn't really introduce myself properly! I'm a stay at home Mum, I have 2 young boys, My oldest will be 3 in Jan and my youngest is 14months old.
    Due to pregnancy I gained allot of weight 32kgs. since my youngest has been born I have managed to loose 22kgs so I have just got 10kgs to go until my pre pregnancy weight of 60kgs! I'm not sure if I want to go lower than 60kgs or not I will have to wait and see how I feel when I get to 60kgs! Hopefully by Christmas! Last Christmas I was 80kgs!
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Hi I am Emma and I live in Hastings. Aged 40 with 4 kids aged 12, 11, 9 and 6, and work as a psychologist for NZ Police. Hmmm Xmas goals - I would like to be still on a lower dose of my beta blocker and feeling fitter.

Afterthought.... is anyone on facebook or keen to start a kiwi group on there?

Yep I'd be keen
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

My name is Jessie, I am 20 and I live in Waipukurau, Hawkes Bay. I'm a veterinary nurse with a menagerie of pets.

I started out at a pretty terrible 165 kg in February and am currently 54 kg down at 111 kg. I would like to be at about 90 kilograms by Christmas.

I'd be keen on a facebook group too, if it ends up happening.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I'm Kerry and I live in Wellington with the husband and our 4 children (twin boys 4.5, boy nearly 3 and one year old girl)
    My start weight is 62.4kg and my goal is 52kg. By Xmas I'd like to be 55kg.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hiya kiwis

i'm joni, i'm a 32 year old ex pom living in auckland. i have 3 kids age 5, 3 and (nearly) 1. i work full time and my hubby is a stay at home dad.
    i got up to 106kgs after my middle child, and am currently around 85kgs. my goals are not really weight related, but it is nice to see the scales go down. i'd like to be 79.9kgs- that would be my lightest as an adult.
    i've taken to running- i started doing c25k a while ago, and now i'm in training for the auckland half marathon in oct. i'll see where that takes me (i mean in the long term- not just around auckland!).

so it's nice to 'meet' more kiwis!