Who is your favorite band and why?

Options

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    This will be by far the least "cool" answer in this thread, but I couldn't care less: Huey Lewis and the News.... because I feel 17 years old whenever I hear one of their classic tunes. First saw them live in 1984... they were amazing. I've been a loyal fan ever since.

2nd would be the J. Geils Band for similar reasons.

It's hip to be square!
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    This will be by far the least "cool" answer in this thread, but I couldn't care less: Huey Lewis and the News.... because I feel 17 years old whenever I hear one of their classic tunes. First saw them live in 1984... they were amazing. I've been a loyal fan ever since.

2nd would be the J. Geils Band for similar reasons.

It's hip to be square!

:glasses:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't have a favorite anything, but here's a list of ones from which I have many songs in my MP3 player.

Bob Marley & the Wailers because Bob gets it. He's laid back, smart & political - like me
    Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers because they're badass and lived in FL.
    Red Hot Chili Peppers because many of their songs speak to how I kinda see my life.
    Led Zeppelin because a guitar can be as exquisite as a voice.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Disturbed. Nothing gets me moving like them.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Usually bounces between these...
    The Cramps
    Black Label Society
    Alice Cooper
    Buddy Guy
  • looklikeaskeleton
    Options
    i have sooo many.
    i love Bright Eyes, and Radiohead.
    Rise Against is amazing.
    I've always loved My Chemical Romance :) hahah.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Journey

Because I love Steve Perry's soaring voice and Neil Schon's guitar mastery and the way Dean Castronovo beats the living ***t out of his drums.

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar because that was when the band peaked in lyrics and musicianship

Def Leppard cause 83-90 were my Wonderyears, the soundtrack of my life.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    The Beatles!!!!

I found them when I was 13 and fell hard core. 17 years later I love them as much as I did day one. I have a tattoo of their logo, getting a second one next weekend and one of my sons middle name is Lennon. I think they call that obsession:bigsmile:

To me they just have the best music I have heard and John is just Amazing to me. :heart:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Theory of a Deadman! It's difficult not to like their catchy songs.
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Iron Maiden. Awesome music. Interesting lyrics. Still going strong after over 30 years. And great for running.
  • jaystacers
    jaystacers Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would have to say breaking benjamin. I seem to like every song they put out just about.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Top 5:

Disturbed
    Theory Of A Deadman
    Demon Hunter
    Metallica
    Three Days Grace

They all have great beats and messages (for the most part, lol)...keep me really pumped and moving! Besides...the man I'm dating is a 6'3" version of David Draiman (Disturbed)....and so drool worthy, lol.
  • SaTAHnah
    Options
    In Flames
    Killswitch
    Cradle of Filth

Love melodies and lyrics. Simple
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The Noisettes!!!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band. Nobody else even comes close for me, they put me in my happy place!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    a little piece of heaven was my FAVORITE song... unfortunately it reminds me of someone who completely broke my heart so i cant listen to that stuff anymore :-/
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Earthsuit and then Mute Math. (Not that one is better than the other, but Paul Meany was the genius behind both) because each song takes me to a different place in my head. Amazing!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Disturbed!!
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Disturbed
    Disturbed-01-big.jpg
    Because I am.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Journey

Because I love Steve Perry's soaring voice and Neil Schon's guitar mastery and the way Dean Castronovo beats the living ***t out of his drums.

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar because that was when the band peaked in lyrics and musicianship

Def Leppard cause 83-90 were my Wonderyears, the soundtrack of my life.

^^This