‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    akgqzi4vnv8g.jpg

Felt a bit crappy so bit of make up and self care. (Desperately in need of a visit to salon for a wax, but what the heck).

Started using garneir BB cream. I feel like I now do really benefit from at least SOME coverage. I like it but it rubs off onto things iv found. I guess most BB or CC or foundation will do that though.

You need to set it with a setting spray or a translucent setting powder. I use Morphe setting spray but Revolution and NYX have setting sprays also. High end setting sprays would be Cover FX or Urban Decay. That should reduce your transfer. I don't use powders with my mature skin.

Oh thanks for that ! One thing I don't have, and never had, is a setting spray!

I have came to realise that powders aren't great on my skin, either. I had a kind of translucent powder that I recently binned. It just sat in each and every crease and dried my skin out.

@feelinfoofoo You may look into a primer as well so that the makeup sits into the lines/creases less. I use the Bobby Brown cream primer but I also like Benefit Cosmetics primers. Urban Decay and Cover Fix also have good primers. If you need a more budget friendly primer try NYX or The Ordinary (The Ordinary is my holy grail for skin care on a dime). I would stay away from anything matte or big flakes of glitter. I have also used a setting spray as a primer too.
    A primer will also help set your makeup so there is little transfer.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    akgqzi4vnv8g.jpg

Felt a bit crappy so bit of make up and self care. (Desperately in need of a visit to salon for a wax, but what the heck).

Started using garneir BB cream. I feel like I now do really benefit from at least SOME coverage. I like it but it rubs off onto things iv found. I guess most BB or CC or foundation will do that though.

You need to set it with a setting spray or a translucent setting powder. I use Morphe setting spray but Revolution and NYX have setting sprays also. High end setting sprays would be Cover FX or Urban Decay. That should reduce your transfer. I don't use powders with my mature skin.

Oh thanks for that ! One thing I don't have, and never had, is a setting spray!

I have came to realise that powders aren't great on my skin, either. I had a kind of translucent powder that I recently binned. It just sat in each and every crease and dried my skin out.

@feelinfoofoo You may look into a primer as well so that the makeup sits into the lines/creases less. I use the Bobby Brown cream primer but I also like Benefit Cosmetics primers. Urban Decay and Cover Fix also have good primers. If you need a more budget friendly primer try NYX or The Ordinary (The Ordinary is my holy grail for skin care on a dime). I would stay away from anything matte or big flakes of glitter. I have also used a setting spray as a primer too.
    A primer will also help set your makeup so there is little transfer.

Iv got a benefits primer I hardly used cos it seemed to become flakey? I am sure there is a knack to using primers...the benefit one seemed almost like silicon on my face if that makes sense. Like it didn't settle in. But it wasn't cheap, so i will go back to it and try different method I guess.

I like clarins beauty flash balm. Not entirely sure it's actually a real primer though but maybe it is cos it says on the back, apply make up straight away....

Thanks for all the tips, really appreciate it 😚

If the benefits one is flakey then it's the wrong one for you. you probably do need a creamier primer. the clarins is really great one. I have Touch In Sol Pretty Filter Glassy Skin Balm and its super moisturizing and glowy. You don't need much at all.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @ExpressoLove11 and @FeelinFooFoo: the two of you really know how to bring out your grey (grey/blue) eyes with minimal eye makeup. Impressive as all get out!
  • lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    akgqzi4vnv8g.jpg

your skin is really beautiful. that lip color is perfect!
  • lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    5ggfagabs440.jpg

This lipstick really accentuates my RBF

i don't see RBF here - only gorgeous everything
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    5ggfagabs440.jpg

Stunning G 😍😍
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @ExpressoLove11 and @FeelinFooFoo: the two of you really know how to bring out your grey (grey/blue) eyes with minimal eye makeup. Impressive as all get out!
    5ggfagabs440.jpg

i don't see RBF here - only gorgeous everything

Thanks ladies 🤗 I'm usually smiley in photos but that lipstick brings the drama 😅 @MaltedTea thank you, I never learned to do eye make up beyond eyeshadow and basic mascara/eyeliner and at this point I dont even know where to begin
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    I don’t wear makeup often and lipstick even less, I just can’t do it like all the kids can today 🙄 tik tok makeup tutorials make me feel pretty clueless 😂. Happy Friday all!! o6sutqnxy1fo.jpeg

OK but you are stunning 😍
  • runinthesun7
    runinthesun7 Posts: 140 Member
    I don’t wear makeup often and lipstick even less, I just can’t do it like all the kids can today 🙄 tik tok makeup tutorials make me feel pretty clueless 😂. Happy Friday all!! o6sutqnxy1fo.jpeg

No need for all of that, you're beautiful! 🤗
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member

🤩
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member

Looks like you have it down to me 🤷‍♂️
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member

You are beautiful, could be a younger Christie Brinkley's sister!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »

My money was on Charlize Theron's lil sister. Do not ask me why I have so many pictures of Charlize readily available...in collage format...on my computer 😬

krb7bwuia44z.jpg
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member

My money was on Charlize Theron's lil sister. Do not ask me why I have so many pictures of Charlize readily available...in collage format...on my computer 😬

krb7bwuia44z.jpg

😍 you both just made my whole night 😁 thank you ladies ❤️
  • jennacole12

Also, dying over the collection of readily available Charlize 😂😂 dying to know what other collections you have.
  • jennacole12
    I don’t wear makeup often and lipstick even less, I just can’t do it like all the kids can today 🙄 tik tok makeup tutorials make me feel pretty clueless 😂. Happy Friday all!!

OK but you are stunning 😍

Thank you so so much ☺️🤗
    I don’t wear makeup often and lipstick even less, I just can’t do it like all the kids can today 🙄 tik tok makeup tutorials make me feel pretty clueless 😂. Happy Friday all!!

No need for all of that, you're beautiful! 🤗

Thank you! Idk tho have you seen what those girls can do, completely shapeshift 🤣
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

🤩

☺️☺️☺️
  • jennacole12

Idk have you ever seen one, they draw striped on their face and come out a whole new person 🤣😂 thank you though ☺️😁
    tams_89 wrote: »

Beauty 💖

Thank you so much ❤️
  • kinetixtrainer2

Idk have you ever seen one, they draw striped on their face and come out a whole new person 🤣😂 thank you though ☺️😁

Beauty 💖

Thank you so much ❤️

Nope I think you should do this in the gif thread 😁
  • jennacole12

Beauty 💖

Thank you so much ❤️

Just outlining all my inadequacies 🤣 idk how to make a gif.... like why can’t you just post a short video clip on here? Is there an app or something? Teach me 🙏🏻🙂
  • kinetixtrainer2

Beauty 💖

Thank you so much ❤️

Just outlining all my inadequacies 🤣 idk how to make a gif.... like why can’t you just post a short video clip on here? Is there an app or something? Teach me 🙏🏻🙂

GIPHY app is simple to use. You can post a link to a YouTube or Rumble video.