JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Answer WW questions.
    3. Classes: Essay checklist. Clunkers. NRI2 practice and quiz. Essay work.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Grade homework. Write postcards. Lunch duty; Abrams. Review video 1 to create transcript.
    5. Lunch: Pasta. Buy Hood Feminism, Lead from the Outside, and New Jim Crow?
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. WRITE POSTCARDS. Draft B&H letter. Run after school.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Bibimbap? Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today is not good so far.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Rest day
    Friday goals
    No booze
    Be positive all day
    Ok to go over calories but make healthy choices
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Good day on Thursday

For Thursday, keep on track

-I'm grateful for my improving relationship with my sister in law.
    -1800 calories: 1528, low but still over 2,250 for the week
    -Work out for 90 minutes: 69 minutes including a 30 minute, 1.34 mile treadmill walk. Proud of myself for getting on the treadmill even for a shortened session
    -Eat dinner at the table: Done and enjoyable
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Done with How to Trick your Brain to Like Doing Hard Things; FightMediocrity. Have to revisit and pay attention
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:Done with 1/2 of HBR#729, Real Leaders profile of Rachel Carson. First half was outstanding with concepts of the power of change that one person can have and the gathering years where time and effort are invested before visible action and results are seen.
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Already done with the solo grocery run: Way done, good productive day

For Friday, keep up my momentum.

- I'm grateful for technology, today something as simple as the Voice Memo feature on my phone. In my 20's and 30's I carried a wide variety of pocket voice recorders on my walks and drives to capture thoughts before they slipped away. The constant availability of my phone makes this process simple and I use it frequently on my walks to capture key points from podcasts.
    - 1800 calories:
    - Walk on the treadmill for 50 minutes:
    - Eat dinner at the table:
    - Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -

• HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Recap JFT Thursday 2/4:
    Get 10k steps [Done!]
    Log my food intake [Done!]
    Finish my current audiobook & pick my next [Done!]

JFT Friday 2/5:
    Get 10k steps
    Log my food intake - eat 1400-1600 cal
    Start a specific work project I've been sitting on for a while
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,820 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Feb 4
    Scale 199.2
    1L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Friday Feb 5
    Scale 201.4, but it all said 195.8 then the battery warning came up. So who knows?
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@bex953172 - I would be mortified too, she's young to be in school. Is it preschool? Here they won't diagnose ADHD until 7 years old, something about the brain development. I had a friend who struggled for years getting help for her son. You have a lot on your plate.

@HEGoddard0928 - I hope you have a self care day, it sounds like you need it.

@cschmitz110515 - My issue is actually still not able to be corrected in any way. I can't remember the name but it's the way my brain reads the signals my eyes receive that is my issue. I keep asking, but I would be coming up with the money to fix it if it was available to me.
    I hate when I put things up "in a safe place", I do it all too often.

Tonight we are going with our eldest daughter to our youngest daughter's 30th birthday gathering. We are not allowed to gather inside but can outside up to 10 people. There will be 8 of us outside. This would be fine if we lived in a warm climate but it's supposed to be -26C by the time we get there. We are taking blankets to wrap around us with our winter coats. We will stay for a burger, maybe a drink and then we'll leave. How did it happen that my baby is now 30!

Well off to work I go.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I will be coming back on here tonite to post my goals. I am finding this is working better for me. I do well all day long .. its the nitetime that I give into eating mindlessly. So by posting in the evening... I am more aware.
    Except for last nite LOL! I made pork ribs, and used Liquid Smoke. Both hubby and I tasted the liquid smoke all evening! The ribs were great.. but it was the aftertaste! I had been to the store .. so icecream is in the house! So .. we both had a bowl. I did go back and get another bowl.. but at least I stopped at 2 bowls.

The only goal I have today is to concentrate on water!

Busy day, but I will try and respond to more posts tonite.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,117 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Feb 4
    Scale 199.2
    1L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Friday Feb 5
    Scale 201.4, but it all said 195.8 then the battery warning came up. So who knows?
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@bex953172 - I would be mortified too, she's young to be in school. Is it preschool? Here they won't diagnose ADHD until 7 years old, something about the brain development. I had a friend who struggled for years getting help for her son. You have a lot on your plate.

@HEGoddard0928 - I hope you have a self care day, it sounds like you need it.

@cschmitz110515 - My issue is actually still not able to be corrected in any way. I can't remember the name but it's the way my brain reads the signals my eyes receive that is my issue. I keep asking, but I would be coming up with the money to fix it if it was available to me.
    I hate when I put things up "in a safe place", I do it all too often.

Tonight we are going with our eldest daughter to our youngest daughter's 30th birthday gathering. We are not allowed to gather inside but can outside up to 10 people. There will be 8 of us outside. This would be fine if we lived in a warm climate but it's supposed to be -26C by the time we get there. We are taking blankets to wrap around us with our winter coats. We will stay for a burger, maybe a drink and then we'll leave. How did it happen that my baby is now 30!

Well off to work I go.

No Caseys in the preschool room at nursery because she's almost 3 (the room before that is toddlers)

Marleys in what we call Reception, the first year of a primary school which (after a quick Google) is your pre-kindergarten (ages 4-5) she has to wear a uniform etc. She's mostly learning phonics, how to write her name, counting numbers and letters etc. Basically preparation for Year 1 (kindergarten).

And Saskia is in Year 2 which is your 1st Grade.

Lmao its all very confusing haha
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Nothing new to report. Still riding the struggle bus...
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1964 I did a bit of a self care night last night. It was relaxing.

@pridesabtch We can share a seat on the struggle bus!

Well I did none of my evening goals last night. I read a few articles as research for my blog post on story tropes but that was it productivity wise.

I took an hour nap on the couch, laid down in bed and scrolled through YouTube for an hour and a half, then got up, got some wine, put a hockey game on and colored in my new swear word coloring books that Matt's friend sent me as part of a care package. It was nice and relaxing.

I'm off today so I didn't have to go to bed too early. I did end up getting a headache and that's what made me hit the hay unfortunately.

Our furnace is on the fritz again. I just wish Daddy would replace the damn thing but I know they're a lot of money that my parents done have. So the HVAC guy will be over tomorrow to figure it out. It's just been very cold in the house recently. We've been bundling up and using space heaters. I really hope he can fix it. I just bought more heating oil. I would hate to not be able to use it with money being so tight.

I managed to get a lot done today though! Here's a list:
    - Slept in
    - Went to Walmart, Ollie's, and liqour store
    - Started a load of laundry
    - Ran the dishwasher(I think I'm the only person alive who can manage to shatter a plate into the dishwasher.)

And here are the things I want to do before the night is over(it's currently 5:30)
    - outline trope post
    - 30 minute writing sprint
    - switch laundry
    - actually eat dinner
    - shower(so I can sleep in tomorrow)
    - read 2 blogs about blogging

There! I think that's good for now!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,466 Member
    Options

πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’˜β˜―οΈπŸ’˜πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±
    πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’FEBRUARYπŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±
    πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’˜β˜―οΈπŸ’˜πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±

January 2021
    πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 1 Feb: 144.4
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

January Daily Goals: Week 1
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: βœ… 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 5/7
    Positive intentions for Fri 5 Feb: βœ…
    Positive intentions for Sat 6 Feb:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Local shopping
    • Laundry - put away
    • Outdoor walk
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Chapter 7: A walk in the Hindu Kush
    • Keep up to date with email

Terri πŸ¦„
  • WellingTX
    Options
    Mixed day but happy

For Friday, keep up my momentum.

- I'm grateful for technology, today something as simple as the Voice Memo feature on my phone. In my 20's and 30's I carried a wide variety of pocket voice recorders on my walks and drives to capture thoughts before they slipped away. The constant availability of my phone makes this process simple and I use it frequently on my walks to capture key points from podcasts.
    - 1800 calories: 1951. Brought home a lunch from a customer visit. Should have been enough for lunch and dinner but I finished it for lunch. Rebounded with a reasonable dinner and finished the day above but not off the tracks
    - Walk on the treadmill for 50 minutes:60 minutes, 2.74 miles on the treadmill. 2021 highs for both time and distance
    - Eat dinner at the table: Nope
    - Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Nope
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Finished HBR 729 on Rachel Anderson, author of Silent Spring.
    Great lessons in leadership, being driven to take steps that others won't and being motivated by a greater good.

- Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Done with taxes and keeping up with my stuff

For Saturday, stay on track.

- I'm grateful for the progress I've made and the impact on a customer call. I liked the clothes I wore, was able to move around a crowded environment without feeling like I took up the entire aisle and climbed two flights of stairs without stopping.
    - 1900 calories:
    - Work out for 100 minutes:
    - Invest 30 minute on home duties:
    -

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 5 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 😊

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 7 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend β†”οΈπŸ˜‘
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday Feb 5
    1L of Water - 😟
    Log all Food - 😟

JFT - Saturday Feb 6
    Scale 200.2, still didn’t change batteries though. I will do that today
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@pridesabtch and @HEGoddard0928 - I think a lot of people are riding the struggle bus right now. These are uncertain times we are living in.

@HEGoddard0928 - we need a new furnace too, I can understand your parents dilemma.

@WellingTX - those are some amazing non scale victories, your hard work is paying off!

We went to the 30th birthday party for our daughter last night, it was a good time and felt almost normal. They did a really good job of keeping it Covid friendly. I was actually warm enough that I think I could figure out a way to walk in the winter if I could see at night to do it. I’ll give this some thought over the next year.

I’m so glad we went. It was nice to see all of these β€œkids” as adults and we learned some things they had done as teens that make me shake my head. Kaitlyn and all of her friends turn 30 this year. She is the first then there are birthdays in March, April, May, June and then December.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    - outline trope post βœ…
    - 30 minute writing sprint❌
    - switch laundryβœ…
    - actually eat dinnerβœ…
    - shower(so I can sleep in tomorrow)βœ…
    - read 2 blogs about bloggingβœ…

A decent day yesterday. And Matt and I learned that peanuts are bad for diverticulosis...so no more peanuts for Matt...ever. Lol

The store was a zooooo today. We're getting a snow storm and tomorrow is super bowl. I felt like I was dodging people all day. And I wore new steel toe boots so my feet weren't happy with me either. It was one of those days where you have to laugh bc if you don't you'll cry.

So I have no intention of doing any of the work I had planned for the day. Lol. I am going to relax, eat my lasagna, and watch hockey. That's it. Well I'm gonna go through my email and read a few blogs too but I find those things relaxing. Lol.
  • ZizzyBumble
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Saturday 7 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend β†”οΈπŸ˜‘
  • WellingTX
    Options
    Good day on Saturday

For Saturday, stay on track.

- I'm grateful for the progress I've made and the impact on a customer call. I liked the clothes I wore, was able to move around a crowded environment without feeling like I took up the entire aisle and climbed two flights of stairs without stopping.
    - 1900 calories: 1857. Preplanned and stayed on track
    - Work out for 100 minutes:100 on the nose including a 61 minute, 2.81 mile treadmill walk
    - Eat dinner at the table: Done. So nice to connect without TV or phones
    - Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Done with a TEDX from Jason Kilderry: Exercise, Nutrition & Health. Keeping it SimpleFamiliar ground. Diets work because of structure, not what's eaten. Key is moderation and getting started. Baby steps
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Done with first half of HBR #760 What Business Leaders Should Know About Cryptocurrency
    - Invest 30 minute on home duties:More than done and kept up with my stuff

For Sunday, finish the week strong.

- I'm grateful for the influence of Will Smith. His video on self discipline is a Monday morning staple. Many great points, today it's the big picture of "The center of bringing any dream into fruition is self discipline." For me, it's the reminder that getting what I want means I have to discipline my behavior; eat better and exercise more.
    - 1900 calories. Won't finish the week below 1,900 or even 2,000 but outside of my 4466 calorie Tuesday it's been a good week:
    - Work out for 90 minutes;
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties:

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 8 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend β†”οΈπŸ˜‘

I doing a fantastic job of maintaining, unfortunately I’ve not reached my goal! The last 1.5kg is proving to be stubborn.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday Feb 6
    Scale 200.2, still didn’t change batteries though. I will do that today
    1L of Water - 😟
    Log all Food - 😟

JFT - Saturday Feb 6
    Scale 200.4 Still need to change the batteries.
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@HEGoddard0928 - I looked ups diverticulitis. I wonder if that might be my hubby’s issue too. How do you keep that under control and get diagnosed?