Magic Foods? Tips?

Alrighty, I realize science says that we need to exercise and eat less calories but... Are there any kinds of foods that, I dunno, suppress your appetite or help you lose weight or something? Or does anyone have techniques to combat food addiction? I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm desperate and will try about anything at the moment. 😅 Ya girl is breaking down.

Replies

• alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    The closest thing to magic food I found was konjac rice. A whole bag of it is something like 35 cals. Tastes of nothing but fills you up, great with something like a curry. Ignore the smell when you open it though 😀
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I will channel my husband and tell you what he swears by; Water. He says "drink more than you can stand." He actually weighs himself before bed...and in the middle of the night when he gets up he weighs less almost always.

He swears that drinking water not only all day (he does). but he drinks before bed..and when he wakes up in the middle of the night, but not past 3 or 4.

He goes to bed and wakes up 1 or 1.5 pounds lighter. He tracks his weight loss here.. and studies the trends.. it is all downward...

He says loss happens routinely when he drinks the water not only during the day but at nighttime.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    7rainbow wrote: »
    Alrighty, I realize science says that we need to exercise and eat less calories but... Are there any kinds of foods that, I dunno, suppress your appetite or help you lose weight or something? Or does anyone have techniques to combat food addiction? I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm desperate and will try about anything at the moment. 😅 Ya girl is breaking down.

In all honesty, I couldn't drive home without stopping for fast food and then when I got home I would make supper for everyone including myself. Once in a while I'd stop and get a whole box of Vachon Carmel squares and skarf it all down, I was addicted to food and more so I think Sugar. For me Keto does exactly what you are asking. Stabilized blood sugar, reduced insulin levels and a high fat diet very quickly allows me to over come my toxic habits, while greatly reducing hunger and often of it's own right allows most people to automatically reduce portion size. Plus I don't find myself falling asleep in at my desk in the middle of the day. So that's good. :D
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I mean there's no magic bullet but I boil 6+ eggs at once and keep them in the fridge as they make such a great low calorie snack (approx 65 kcal for a medium egg). Eating a couple of those always makes me feel like I've got good value for my calories.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    I read this thread hoping to find a magic bullet! What helps me from binging is protein. I learned this later in life unfortunately. I was a carb addict. Still eat too many carbs but increased my protein. I don't eat meat but I drink a protein shake for the protein.