YA'LL I'VE MAINTAINED MY 160 WEIGHT LOSS FOR 10 YEARS! + PICS

It's very weird that I've hit this milestone. In 2010 after being large my entire life, I got my heart broken and decided that I wasn't happy with myself. I just wanted to be able to shop at Hot Topic and be a hot ALT MOD with tons of tattoos and a septum ring and purple hair. I worked at a very toxic place and I remember telling a co-worker that I wanted to drop a few lbs and this nasty nasty lady told me that she didn't think I could because I had been big all my life.

Well I decided to prove her wrong, make my ex regret cheating on me, and finally be able to shop at Hot Topic without just buying guy's xxl band tees.

Feast your eyes on these fantastic pictures from my youth and early 20s

eyeqxqqhzks0.jpg

3o1nw0hfh5ae.jpg

y6hapaq0ettk.jpg

I went from 320 lbs to 170 and stayed there for several years. I got to express my inner "ALT MOD", I'm being totally sarcastic, and get tattoos and dye my hair and pierce my septum. Yes, I most def could have done these things while being heavier, but confidence didn't start showing up until I lost the weight. It was something completely different than I had ever felt. I had been a size 24w in women's since I hit puberty in the 6th grade.

Here's when I went through my pin up stage, cause ya know ya girl has to go through one.

j35twteqgf1v.jpg

qh3i0d2qadw5.jpg

uvmsjudp7ohy.jpg

Coming into my 30s I dropped a bit more weight when I found my rad partner and he taught me how to ride a bike. I didn't realize that cycling was the actual fountain of youth, I mean even Bill Nye does it. Finding myself in a super active relationship and genuinely happy for the first time in a while I was able to hit the 150s. THAT WAS WILD. For the first time I had lost more weight than I weighed.

Oh did you want to see pictures of me on bike adventures?

cngvua4mav0j.jpg

qyx8nv0o8ieh.jpg

wrptutb6fjww.jpg

It wasn't until Chicago winter hit that I realized that the lower 150s is def a peak race weight for cycling and not what I can easily maintain with the amount of food that I choose to eat. With that being said the last couple of years I've bounced between 155 and 165 depending on the time of year it is. I consider this maintenance for myself and I'm so so so so very okay with this. This month I turn 32 and I have maintained my weight loss for 10 freaking years.

This is me today celebrating on a snowy day in Chicago weighing in at 163 pounds.

jroyyjw1s0dk.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Amber

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Thanks for sharing! You look great and it is great that you have maintained for 10 years.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Congrats! You look amazing and like you’re loving life and having fun, so inspiring! :)
  • abracadabra9933
    abracadabra9933 Posts: 8 Member
    Awesome post! Definitely inspiring!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    You look fantastic, so gorgeous (I'm rather reminded of Betty Page in one of your pinup photos) and most importantly, so happy. This is what life should be - full of joy and adventure. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • TiredMom2021
    TiredMom2021 Posts: 25 Member
    What a great telling of a beautiful journey of hard work and joy. Thank you for sharing! You look fabulous - and happy!
  • Wow, you are amazing! Brilliant work :)
  • suemiller1570
    suemiller1570 Posts: 1 Member
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • Wattyz
    Wattyz Posts: 91 Member
    That is so great! Way to go, and I'm loving that mandalorian dress on you!!
  • MightyMariella
    MightyMariella Posts: 1 Member
    What an amazing job you did!! I love your taste in fashion, too! <3 Reading about you wanting to fit into Hot Topic clothing very much reminded me of myself. I didn't get to fully live out my emo scene phase to the fullest as a teen due to my weight and low-self esteem. Might I ask how many years it took you to go from 320lbs to 170lbs? And what exercises did you do during that timeframe in your 20s?
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Wow...with the great bod you discovered after losing weight it's no wonder you're a bit of a fashionista. You really rock your clothes!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    You rock!! Thank you for sharing your adventure. Never stop the ride!!! :):)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

Thanks for reading!
    Amber

First and foremost, congrats on such hard disciplined work. You deserve every accolade for keeping it off.

Second. I said I would never get married again. But I see you are wearing a Bobe Fett dress. So what do you say?

Again, awesome work!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Wow, you are amazing! Congratulation, you look beautiful.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    that is amazing, how tall are you? You look great, not flabby at all, maybe because you look so young. I know you are proud of yourself, yes good revenge on that boyfriend! I seen 156 one time but found it hard to maintain, so I stay about 163, 160 in summer, 165 in winter.
  • flyygal
    flyygal Posts: 37 Member
    Congrats you are amazing!
  • eels4peels00
    eels4peels00 Posts: 41 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    that is amazing, how tall are you? You look great, not flabby at all, maybe because you look so young. I know you are proud of yourself, yes good revenge on that boyfriend! I seen 156 one time but found it hard to maintain, so I stay about 163, 160 in summer, 165 in winter.

I'm 5'7!

• njself0713
    njself0713 Posts: 5 Member
    Amazing story, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!