Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

For the love of Produce...

Replies

• gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    I’m loving this citrus love ❤️ 💕 I peel and eat all my citrus in segments like a clementine or tangerine unless I’m cooking with it. Also love candying citrus peel- especially lemon, lime, and grapefruit - SUCH a treat!!!!

@MinTheKitCat - you just reminded me of a wonderful memory! - Walking next to the Château Royal d’Amboise- came across a little pâtisserie with the most beautiful citrus confections! I wanted to dive right into this bowl of candied clementines! I took this 2 years ago....

lqgapjjc60va.jpeg

6 euro for 100 grams??? Omg that is outrageous.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    gigius72 wrote: »
    I’m loving this citrus love ❤️ 💕 I peel and eat all my citrus in segments like a clementine or tangerine unless I’m cooking with it. Also love candying citrus peel- especially lemon, lime, and grapefruit - SUCH a treat!!!!

@MinTheKitCat - you just reminded me of a wonderful memory! - Walking next to the Château Royal d’Amboise- came across a little pâtisserie with the most beautiful citrus confections! I wanted to dive right into this bowl of candied clementines! I took this 2 years ago....

lqgapjjc60va.jpeg

Yeeahhh @gigius72 about 1 small Clementine .. lol
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    gigius72 wrote: »

lqgapjjc60va.jpeg

Yeeahhh @gigius72 about 1 small Clementine .. lol

Wow. That comes 60 euro per kilo or for American it would be 90 dollars per pound.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 174 Member
    $9 per candied clementine? I just found my new career!! Lol
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited February 2021
    A regular clementine IME is about 45 g, so 6 E for 100 grams (or about 3 E or less for one or like $7 for 2) which seems nuts but they are super pretty and maybe super tasty (haven't tried the candied ones), and I personally see no objection to high cal, sugary, luxury items being expensive.
  • Safari_Gal_
    🍊 I think the reason whole glacés are more expensive is because they take 2 weeks or more of intermittent boiling and saturating to cure. (Fresher glacé are heavier and more dense.) liquid sugar bombs!

My $.02 .... ps ... I’ve had this photo on my camera for over a year and I never really paid attn to the price. 😬 But these aren’t the most expensive ones Ive seen either. That said ... maybe a glacé factory is good business! @MinTheKitCat 😉😉😉
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,855 Member
    What is your favourite thing to do with parsnips? Hubby came back with a large bag on sale. I normally roast with olive oil when I am doing a classic roast dinner or cote de boef but need some other meal and prep ideas to use them up.
  • MinTheKitCat
    Baked Rosemary parsnip fries are amazing!!
    I’m also a sucker for a nice mash. NYT cooking has a lot of nice recipes for parsnip soup, latke, gratings, and even one or two desserts. (The parsnip sheet cake with cream cheese icing is delicious!)
  • Safari_Gal_
    acpgee wrote: »
    What is your favourite thing to do with parsnips? Hubby came back with a large bag on sale. I normally roast with olive oil when I am doing a classic roast dinner or cote de boef but need some other meal and prep ideas to use them up.

Hey @acpgee !

I recently tried these parsnip recipes and they were tasty!

Roasted parsnip soup-
    https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/roasted-parsnip-soup-with-walnut-pesto?intcid=inline_amp

root vegetable tarte tatin
    (I did a flax crust and only used parsnips, rutabega, carrots and yam)

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/root-vegetable-tarte-tatin?intcid=inline_amp
  • Safari_Gal_
    I’m also a sucker for a nice mash. NYT cooking has a lot of nice recipes for parsnip soup, latke, gratings, and even one or two desserts. (The parsnip sheet cake with cream cheese icing is delicious!)

Parsnip sheet cake!!? 😯 must check out!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Those are more interesting than me. I like to just roast parsnips with other root vegetables, tossed in olive oil with some salt and pepper. I also like them in stew.
  • MinTheKitCat

Parsnip sheet cake!!? 😯 must check out!

It is so lovely! Like a very mild spice cake with just the tiny whisper of crunch. It also freezes like a dream

I’m gonna have to check out the parsnip soup with walnut pesto - that sounds right up my alley, lol
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

Hey @acpgee !

I recently tried these parsnip recipes and they were tasty!

Roasted parsnip soup-
    https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/roasted-parsnip-soup-with-walnut-pesto?intcid=inline_amp

root vegetable tarte tatin
    (I did a flax crust and only used parsnips, rutabega, carrots and yam)

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/root-vegetable-tarte-tatin?intcid=inline_amp

When i hit the link, correct page opens up but goes blank within couple of seconds. Anyone else having same problem? How to fix it?
  • MinTheKitCat
    Made a mixed mushroom ‘tart’, (I would call galette) which was much easier than I expected and I got to have THIS moment of a glorious pile of mushrooms on my counter which made me so happy and excited to eat them 😋
    exa0eawyvgxc.jpeg
  • MinTheKitCat
    @icemom011
    Those are amazing!!
  • Safari_Gal_
    icemom011 wrote: »
    1vudbs4m4mr8.jpg
    I wanted to share my mushroom pics, they're golden oyster mushrooms, home grown from the kit. I had quite a few flushes, it was fun to watch them grow. Unbelievably fast, from hour to hour... Took me a while to figure out that i liked them grilled the best. ascdb81fy6wk.jpg

Hey... nice shrooms ya got there ☺️☺️