I miss...

Replies

• lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    I miss the Friday feeling of finishing work in your 20s, rushing home to your housemates knowing you were all going to hit town and drink and dance and wake up at midday with a killer hangover and/or a lovely minxy lady next to you, having gotten up to mischief the night before! 😜

I miss being in a club and hearing that tune drop that you love and rushing to the dance floor and grooving next to people, seeing them sing along and smile just as much as you, knowing that just because of that...they were your kind of people.

I miss the lazy Sunday afternoons with my teammates, nursing hangovers but conducting that 'drink-up' post mortem of the night before where you take the Mick out of the lightweight, pontificate on whether so and so pulled that hot chick in the boots, belly laughing and giggling whilst trying not to throw up...

...I miss those days.
    ...I miss them even more now I'm in my 40s, because those times will never happen again. 😔

q4hwunqfr1vp.gif
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I miss the Friday feeling of finishing work in your 20s, rushing home to your housemates knowing you were all going to hit town and drink and dance and wake up at midday with a killer hangover and/or a lovely minxy lady next to you, having gotten up to mischief the night before! 😜

I miss being in a club and hearing that tune drop that you love and rushing to the dance floor and grooving next to people, seeing them sing along and smile just as much as you, knowing that just because of that...they were your kind of people.

I miss the lazy Sunday afternoons with my teammates, nursing hangovers but conducting that 'drink-up' post mortem of the night before where you take the Mick out of the lightweight, pontificate on whether so and so pulled that hot chick in the boots, belly laughing and giggling whilst trying not to throw up...

...I miss those days.
    ...I miss them even more now I'm in my 40s, because those times will never happen again. 😔

I know I had those as well. Just can't remember much about them. I do NOT miss hanging over the toilet though. :)
  • CurseofDolkite
    CurseofDolkite Posts: 31 Member
    I miss before everyone was married and had kids, back when they wanted to do fun stuff. I also miss the time when there was a world for adults and for children, and not everything you did had to be focused on "will the kids enjoy it?" or "is it appropriate for children"?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member

...I miss those days.

I definitely loved these "fun" days. But I do not wish to relive them. I enjoy wine and steak dinners, grilling and a beer, and waking up the next morning enjoying company without feeling ill. Its better for my workouts too, which make me feel strong and fun.
  • abbelina04
    abbelina04 Posts: 280 Member
    I miss going to the movies!!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Having any kind of fun
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Knowing what I wanted
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    • Galaxy and Magellan. I know it's been months now, but I still miss them.
    • The few remaining friends I have from college (we live in different states).
    • My best friend I met during my stay in Japan. She lives allllllllllll the way in HI... which makes it difficult to visit her!
    • When I lived alone; my place was much easier to clean then, lol.
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
    Being able to see my toes lol
  • CurseofDolkite

I'm 43 and I often feel bad about those lost times. A lot of the fun stops after your 20s or 30s.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member

I'm 43 and I often feel bad about those lost times. A lot of the fun stops after your 20s or 30s.

Its a different kind of fun, and i dont miss hangovers - but in hindsight, you rarely had a bad night when you wake up hungover.
    So its a different kind of feel. But the excitement and the anticipation is what i miss most.
  • loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    Eating pasta :(
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    edited February 2021
    Summertime showerbeer
  • CurseofDolkite

Its a different kind of fun, and i dont miss hangovers - but in hindsight, you rarely had a bad night when you wake up hungover.
    So its a different kind of feel. But the excitement and the anticipation is what i miss most.

It wasn't really the drinking or the pot smoking... Just being able to do stuff without all the commitments people have now. A lot of people still have the stupid belief that you haven't truly grown up until you have kids. I don't dislike kids and I can enjoy kid stuff (last week I went sledding with my cousin's kids), but I resent that when people have kids, everything becomes about the kids, how to keep the kids happy. I miss when there was an adult world, before people brought their kids everywhere or felt they had to have their kids near them at all times. And a big pet peeve of mine are the "mama/papa bear" types that insist on reminding you that Hey, I'm a Pretty Nice Person, But You Mess With My Kids and I Become the Terminator.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I miss passion and true connection and someone who actually finds me interesting.
  • mwgibler
    The days before social media

YESSS!!
  • mwgibler
    Summertime showerbeer
    Shower beers are the best!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    The days before social media

Well yeh, but then where would we all be?