New to MFP: 24 Week Reclaiming My Health & Fitness Journey

Options
Hello everyone! I am so glad and highly motivated to be here and join all you on your journey. I am looking forward to the first part (24 Weeks) of Reclaiming My Health & Fitness Journey.
And I am looking forward to meeting others who are also serious and motivated to gain or regain their Authentic Selves; you know the one that lies just beneath the surface of where you are at now.
I am 61, I live a very busy life with my private counseling practice and working on my PhD...And I am overweight, out of shape, and lack the energy and vitality that comes with being Fit and Healthy. I had a Stroke 18 months ago, I am legally blind, and I have a couple of weight related issues but this does not deter me, it Motivates me to work harder and be more committed than ever before.
Have a Great Day!
Liz

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz, what are your plans for your first 24 weeks?
  • Rocinante314
    Rocinante314 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am day 3 into this and am motivated to do situps and pushups as I work from home, but a kind person told me I do need a food plan. I am about to make one of those. Never give up. There are many helpful people here!!!
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    TaosLiz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am so glad and highly motivated to be here and join all you on your journey. I am looking forward to the first part (24 Weeks) of Reclaiming My Health & Fitness Journey.
    And I am looking forward to meeting others who are also serious and motivated to gain or regain their Authentic Selves; you know the one that lies just beneath the surface of where you are at now.
    I am 61, I live a very busy life with my private counseling practice and working on my PhD...And I am overweight, out of shape, and lack the energy and vitality that comes with being Fit and Healthy. I had a Stroke 18 months ago, I am legally blind, and I have a couple of weight related issues but this does not deter me, it Motivates me to work harder and be more committed than ever before.
    Have a Great Day!
    Liz

@TaosLiz. I have been on and off here for years and I will get close to my goal and then stop and gain it plus more back, This time it's all about mind set, I have lost 63lbs so far and need to lose another 25lb , Just remember to log everything you put in your mouth and stay below your calorie goal each day and you will lose weight. You can do this!! Never give up on yourself!
  • TaosLiz
    TaosLiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83! Thank you for your question. I have a four-step plan, and invite any suggestions that you may have.
    1. Vision Journaling
    2. Joining MFP.
    3. Healthy Eating and Daily Training consisting of aerobic, weightlifting, stretching/yoga, and Meditation. recording it on my Eating and Training log.
    4. Joining a group for Accountability and Shared Support.
  • TaosLiz
    Options
    Hi nic123jdb, Thank you for your message and Congratulations and may you too stay motivated. I wish you much success!
  • TaosLiz
    Options
    Greetings The_Elephant_Man! Thank you for your message and Congratulations on your 63lb weight loss! It sounds like this is it for you...the point of no return! And with only 25lb to go you have got this and I am rooting for you! And yes, one of the reasons that I joined MFP is how easy it is to log my food intake and training time. Also for support and connection during this Upside down world that we are living in right now. I wish you continued success!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Hello tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83! Thank you for your question. I have a four-step plan, and invite any suggestions that you may have.
    1. Vision Journaling
    2. Joining MFP.
    3. Healthy Eating and Daily Training consisting of aerobic, weightlifting, stretching/yoga, and Meditation. recording it on my Eating and Training log.
    4. Joining a group for Accountability and Shared Support.

Sounds like a pretty good plan. I would recommend reading through the Most Helpful threads on Getting Started.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    If you're new to weight-lifting there is a great thread in the Most Helpful posts on the Fitness & Exercise board:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300310/most-helpful-posts-fitness-and-exercise-must-reads#latest
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Greetings The_Elephant_Man! Thank you for your message and Congratulations on your 63lb weight loss! It sounds like this is it for you...the point of no return! And with only 25lb to go you have got this and I am rooting for you! And yes, one of the reasons that I joined MFP is how easy it is to log my food intake and training time. Also for support and connection during this Upside down world that we are living in right now. I wish you continued success!

@TaosLiz Thank you!! Feel free to send a friend request if you want the help.
  • TaosLiz
    Options
    Thank you tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 and you The Elephant Man for the information and the invite, I feel supported already!