JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Just had a horrible moment, I was playing with Marley on her bed and Casey has this thing atm where she loves climbing up my back. Anyway, I stopped playing for a sec to speak to Ash and I could feel (what I thought) was Casey trying to climb my back again.
    This went on for a good minute or so until Ash finally said "did you know the dog is humping you?"

Aahhhh horrible creepy dog lmao

Oh My God! This is hilarious!!! Almost spit my coffee out! hahaha! Bex, you come through with some good ones... :D:D:D

It gets better, my house is full of jokes this week lmao.
    Today, I left the kids on their own for FIVE minutes to have a little sit down and chat with Ash.
    And in that 5 minutes Casey went all Miss Independent, took her nappy off, came upstairs, sat on her potty and had a poo.

Neither Sask or Marley thought to tell. Me she was doing this until Marley called through the bedroom door saying β€œMummyyyy, Casey had a poo in the potty... And the dogs ate it".

Me and Ash looked at each other and he just said "Nope. You go."

I had no words. Just none. Lmao
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    To keep myself on plan, I will tell myself "It's just for today. I can put that food on my plan tomorrow. I can do anything for just one day!"

This is great, I need to use this! 😁 Your post was so inspirational. We can do this! πŸ’ͺ
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanis90 wrote: Β»

Just for today! (16/02/21)
    ~ Drink 2+ litres of water. ❌
    ~ Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks. ❌
    ~ Hoover. ❌
    ~ Laundry. βœ…βœ…βœ…
    ~ Pray. βœ…

Well today wasn't ideal! But it wasn't a total failure either. I had a bit of birthday cake as it was my husband's birthday but other than that I don't reasonably well on the food front. Still never got the hoovering done 😬

Just for today! (17/02/21)
    ~ Drink 2+ litres of water.
    ~ Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks.
    ~ Hoover.
    ~ Go for a Walk.
    ~ Pray.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 My UGW was 140, which I had thought was a bit ambitious until recently. It is my 2012 goal. I have just over 3 lbs to go.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options

Neither Sask or Marley thought to tell. Me she was doing this until Marley called through the bedroom door saying β€œMummyyyy, Casey had a poo in the potty... And the dogs ate it".

So funny! OMG -- I'm not sure what I would do!!

This reminds me of when our daughter was learning to use the potty chair. We used to keep a portable, child-size potty chair in the playroom when she was first learning ... rather than have to go all the way upstairs. So each time she would go, I would empty the "bowl", and put it back for the next time. One time, I emptied the "bowl", but forgot to put the bowl back. Well... she had to go, ran to the potty chair, and did her job.... on the floor because the bowl was not there. Luckly we did not have a dog .. but... I had to clean up the mess!

Sorry .. off topic, but Bex's post made me laugh and reminded me of that incident ... 42 years ago!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’˜β˜―οΈπŸ’˜πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±
    πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’FEBRUARYπŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±
    πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’˜β˜―οΈπŸ’˜πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

February Daily Goals: Week 3
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: βœ… 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 2/7

Positive intentions for Mon 15 Feb:
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Daily YogaπŸŽ‰/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away πŸŽ‰
    • Outdoor walk πŸŽ‰
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰ Watch TV: πŸŽ‰
    • Chapter 9: A walk in the Hindu Kush πŸŽ‰
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰

Terri πŸ¦„

• mytime6630
    Options

@mytime6630 - Since Covid hit we have ordered out or grabbed take out way more than we did before Covid. I found the first few months terribly stressful here at work, then I was just getting back to normal when we went into Outbreak. I'm starting to get better again, but I think I'll probably order out tonight to give Rodger a break on dishes and fetching for me. Can you not go to a drive thru or anything at all? Not that they are healthy options, but at least it's a break.

I wish hubby would ... be as you know, he is so scared of this virus.. and thinks it could be on wrappers, etc. So ... we just eat at home ALL THE TIME LOL!!! You would think this would help me to lose weight though, wouldn't you!
    As far as the diet coke, I have had so many people tell me how bad it was for me. Not only for teeth, but healthwise. Its nothing but chemicals. But it is so hard to stop. I don't like regular soda ... I think it has been years since I had a regular coke ... but I am having a hard time giving up this stuff!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Thanis90 wrote: Β»
    To keep myself on plan, I will tell myself "It's just for today. I can put that food on my plan tomorrow. I can do anything for just one day!"

This is great, I need to use this! 😁 Your post was so inspirational. We can do this! πŸ’ͺ

Just what I was going to say. WTG!
  • mytime6630
    Options

My weightloss goal this week is -2 lbs and the 5 Why's for losing weight are: (1) health (2) Fitness for joints, heart and glucose control, (3) Increased Energy Level, (4) Look better in photos (5) Summer Comfort in heat and in summer clothing.

What might make me eat when I'm not hungry today? Boredom, mindless chuffing. To keep myself on plan, I will tell myself "It's just for today. I can put that food on my plan tomorrow. I can do anything for just one day!"

My 3 Goals are:
    1. Drink 3 quart jars of water = 96 oz water. This is important to flush toxins out and to hydrate my body and brain.
    2. Close kitchen at 7 pm This is important because it will limit the number of calories I eat and help me lose weight.
    3. Watch No BS Course module and listen to Live Podcast. This is important because they will motivate me, as well as help me with thought work during the day.

WOTY 2021: Intentional I will make intentional and informed choices in order to take back my health!

So nice to see you back posting .. we all miss your inspirational posts! I love the way you did your goals ... I may start that also. Its nice how you explain "why" you are doing things... like water helps flush out toxins, hydrates, etc.

I listened to a few of the BS free youtube videos. She is very motivating, but I have a hard time listening because of her language. Not sure why she has to sound that way.. but, she does make so many good points! I thought of joining her group, but I had such success with WW, so I am still with them. I am free... since I had made my goal, but I can't really go to the meetings, which motivated me. And ... I like getting on here because of such good friends! But I post my food on the WW site. I think so many plans do work.. but the hardest is getting over the emotional, stress, eating, which I do all the time. Never hungry ... just want to graze out of stress, boredom, you know ... emotional crap.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 My UGW was 140, which I had thought was a bit ambitious until recently. It is my 2021 goal. I have just over 3 lbs to go.

Fat finger syndrome πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    While looking for the HR phone number, I stumbled across the email formula(name@site.com) for Dick's and the names of all of the HR leadership team. So I legit just sent them all an email about what happened and asking what we should do next.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday.
    3. Classes: NRI Unit 3. Challenge book. Catch-up work.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Shoot apostrophes video. 20 pages P&P. Review video 1 to create transcript. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK.
    5. Lunch: Pasta. Write postcards.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Take cards to nursing homes. Get postcard stamps.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Pizza. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Write postcards.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Snow delay tomorrow. (Well, ice.) Stressed a lot. Taxes and vaccinations and ughhh.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Bex953172
    Options

So funny! OMG -- I'm not sure what I would do!!

This reminds me of when our daughter was learning to use the potty chair. We used to keep a portable, child-size potty chair in the playroom when she was first learning ... rather than have to go all the way upstairs. So each time she would go, I would empty the "bowl", and put it back for the next time. One time, I emptied the "bowl", but forgot to put the bowl back. Well... she had to go, ran to the potty chair, and did her job.... on the floor because the bowl was not there. Luckly we did not have a dog .. but... I had to clean up the mess!

Sorry .. off topic, but Bex's post made me laugh and reminded me of that incident ... 42 years ago!!

Hahaha omg. When Saskia was potty training a similar thing happened, I went upstairs with some washing and started folding. Next minute Saskias crying like mad. I run downstairs, she had a poo in the potty, got upset by the poo and decided to bring it to me... In her hand. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
  • Bex953172
    Options

@mytime6630 - Since Covid hit we have ordered out or grabbed take out way more than we did before Covid. I found the first few months terribly stressful here at work, then I was just getting back to normal when we went into Outbreak. I'm starting to get better again, but I think I'll probably order out tonight to give Rodger a break on dishes and fetching for me. Can you not go to a drive thru or anything at all? Not that they are healthy options, but at least it's a break.

I wish hubby would ... be as you know, he is so scared of this virus.. and thinks it could be on wrappers, etc. So ... we just eat at home ALL THE TIME LOL!!! You would think this would help me to lose weight though, wouldn't you!
    As far as the diet coke, I have had so many people tell me how bad it was for me. Not only for teeth, but healthwise. Its nothing but chemicals. But it is so hard to stop. I don't like regular soda ... I think it has been years since I had a regular coke ... but I am having a hard time giving up this stuff!

I wouldn't say I have a probkem with fizzy drinks but I always go diet when I can. I know it's worse but the regular Cokes give me a headache and then I can feel the sugar in my mouth and on my teeth so I have to brush after a regular coke.
    I also prefer sugar free cordials (which I get for the girls) but I love them lol
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Blah. Just blah. Matt's managers still can't figure out how to get the incident report website to work. And I don't even know if they've reached out to anyone. But it's been 3 days and they haven't made any progress. Matt is in a lot of pain and we can't afford to go to the doctor until Friday bc we have no money.

So tomorrow I'm going to track down and call his company's HR dept and figure out what to do. We need to get him on worker's comp but I dont think that can happen without an incident report. And I know that there's usually a time limit to fill them out.

I'm really worried that they're going to deny his worker's comp because his manager's seemed to have dropped the ball.

One of my manager's said that if they give me the run around to file a report with the Better Business Bureau. That that should get them to do what they're supposed to. I just really don't want to have to. But I will. Because this *kitten* is ridiculous.

Thats the part of your health are system I don't like, it saddens me that because you don't have any money at the minute you can't go to the doctor, to me that sounds ridiculous! It also makes me realise how much I appreciate the NHS.
    I would ring his work and say if nothings sorted then you will ring the Better Business thing. It might get them to get their butt's in gear and if they don't then definitely ring them.

Hope you get it sorted and Matt gets seen soon :( xxx
  • Bex953172
    Options
    At Christmas Saskia got some rollerskates.
    She's been asking since them to go on them. She's been very patient with the weather and the days when me and her dad have been finding things hard and not been able to take her out etc.
    Her dad promised her yesterday but wasn't feeling to well later on, so to not let her down again I took her out.
    it was a lot of fun, but she's so damn heavy, too heavy for me and it's done my back in helping her.
    28 years old and I've done my back in lol. Probably just stretched a muscle from catching her weight every time she fell. But man it hurts! I'll have a hot bath later see if that helps.

But I got stuff to do today.
    So I'm listing them as goals!

JFT Wednesday.

- Take meds.
    - do ALL the pots. (and find the lost forks)
    - Sort out the washing. There's washing everywhere.
    - clean the inside of the car, this is way overdue, I've finished all the trips to the recycling center so now I just need to hoover and antibac spray the car, not sure if my back will hold out for this one but I'm blessed with a decent hoover.

So not fitness goals really.. But I want to get used to posting goals again.
    February is still my "get on track month" so if I sort my house and life out by 1st March I can start on my fitness goals again!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 16 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg πŸ‘Ώ 3
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️