Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Solid day

For Tuesday, another new day. New opportunity to be fit and healthy.

-I'm grateful for my bride on many fronts. Today it's that even when we argue, which is usually my fault, we never cross the line. More grouchy than fights. It's important to have that foundation.
    -1900 calories. This requires sacrifice. I can't have the food I want and achieve my goals: 1962. Close but those 62 calories are important
    -Work out for 90 minutes. Make it happen: 96 feel good minutes including a 57 minute 2.52 mile treadmill walk
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:Done with what is usually my Monday Will Smith self discipline video.
    Self discipline is the center of making any dream come true. Sacrifice short term pleasure for long term self respect

-Invest 15 minutes in professional development:First half of HBR Ideacast #722
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: More than done and kept up wiht my stuff
    -Eat dinner at the table: Done
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Revisit my commitments in the late afternoon: Done and made a difference in my evening

For Wednesday focus on the things I want most

-I'm grateful for the many experiences I've had in my life but Mardi Gras takes me back to the first year of my marriage and a long weekend in New Orleans. It was our first trip after our honeymoon and reinforced that we were well suited to each other. Hurricanes, hand grenades, sea breezes, piano bars, Brennan's, Café Dumond... great memories.
    -1900 calories. It's a commitment that should mean something:
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make the time:
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and no snacking on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Revisit my commitments in the late afternoon:

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 2/16/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2. Stay within my calorie range :/ (Not as bad as the day before, but still not great.)
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water :) (60 oz)
    3. NO diet coke :)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :/ (This one is so hard to remember when evening comes around.)

JFT 2/17/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Well I've read through JFT for the days I fell behind. Hugs to everyone!!!!

We can all get thru these difficult seasons, damn COVID and damn weather restrictions!!! LOL :wink:

I'm not doing much better bc I've allowed stress and anxiety rule my days but I say stop to all that today! I plan to pick myself up, dust myself off, and jump back on track today!!!

JFT Wednesday 2/17/21:

Enjoy coffee time
    Self-care
    Attend class virtually
    Review recorded lecture
    Begin Chem 3308 HW, 2.22
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Yoga 45 min session
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Make homemade chicken enchiladas
    Relax in the evening
    Stay in green on calorie log!!!!!

Have a blessed day my friends!! 🌷
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Feb 16
    Scale 198.8
    1L of Water - :) 1.5
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Wednesday Feb 17
    Scale 201.2
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@packerfaninGB - I need to get back to my gratitude journal it sure makes a difference in life's outlook doesn't it? I need to start with listing my Why's too. But right now I don't know if I could list 5.

@mytime6630 - I am so sorry your husband is so fearful of the virus, I understand his fear but a lot of the stuff that was suggested when it first appeared has since been proven not to be true, such as it's longevity on things. I hope you both get vaccinated soon and can start living a little again. I don't think I would fair well with my husband imposing all of those restrictions on me. You've handled this very well.

@TerriRichardson112 - :) I was sad to see that it was fat finger syndrome that made you type 2012 instead of 2021. I think my goal weight in 2012 was 140 and it still is. I thought, "well look at Terri not giving up after all these years, I can do it too"!

@HEGoddard0928 - I don't know how it is down there, but here the employee can put in the claim to WCB online and then WCB fights the employer for the reports. It might be worth it to look and see. There are so many laws regarding WCB here that it's pretty hard for an employer to get away with not reporting.

Potty training stories - My cousin, who is one of my best friends, have granddaughters that are 3 months apart in age. We had a sleepover weekend when the girls were just starting potty training. My cousin had bought a little potty that looked exactly like a toilet and had a button on it so it sounded like a toilet flushing. The little girls thought this was wonderful and they kept going to the potty all weekend long. At one point they were both in there with their pullups around their ankles fighting over who was going to use it, and they got stubborn about who would empty it. We thought for sure they would both be trained completely by the end of the weekend, but it was another couple of weeks for both of them. Potty Training is so much fun!

@Bex953172 - I hope your back feels better soon.

@MLHC1 - the weather and Covid is sure causing issues everywhere. We can't seem to catch a break.

Have a good day everyone.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited February 2021
    Recap 2/16 T ~ skipped early a.m. workout :#
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 13/14 & 9.3k
    2) Treadmill after work (need mileage for virtual competition) >:) Left work frustrated by finance email that needed to be dealt w/ as soon as I got home, then Customer Service was closed at 5pm. Bah! Best laid plans and all that hooey.
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water >:) See #2. Ate chips direct from bag. Another F-it evening. Net cals -529 & high sodium. 12c water
    4) Work in office: submit leave request / AJNH / webinar 2:30 - 3:30 = 3/3 Pleased with progress, I should (finally) turn in project for review next week sometime.
    5) Prep middle brother's bday card & other stuff to be mailed / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / meditation app no time early & too late to be on apps / declutter 15 min. / some finance chores? downloaded correct receipt & resubmitted to FSA, balanced bank accts, updated budget s/s, organized yet more tax docs for preparer = 4/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:15 alarm (x-train before work) definitely notice my recent pattern >:) 3/5

JFT 2/17 Ash Wednesday
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Pack for work at home / drop off mail on way home
    4) 7:00 church
    5) X-train after church? Any chore in evening is good
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (treadmill before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member

JFT, Tue, 2/16
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :) - and as a result, up 4 times last nite!
    3. only 1 diet coke :)
    4. mindful eating :) ate celery sticks for snack
    5. gratitude .. read simple abundance :)
    6. remember long term goals. think of how I want to look when I'm not hiding in a coat and :)

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits/veggies
    6. remember long term goals

• Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanis90 wrote: »
    Just for today! (17/02/21)
    ~ Drink 2+ litres of water. ✅
    ~ Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks. ✅
    ~ Hoover. ❌
    ~ Laundry. ✅
    ~ Go for a Walk. ✅ 3 hrs! I'm dead ☠️😂
    ~ Pray. ✅

Today was a decent-ish day... Still didn't get the hoovering done. 100% gonna do it tomorrow but only because I'll be stuck at home. It does mean I can catch up with some housework though hopefully!

Just for today! (18/02/21)
    ~ Drink 2+ litres of water.
    ~ Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks.
    ~ Hoover.
    ~ Clean Kitchen.
    ~ Clean Bathroom.
    ~ Pray.

Hope you're all well. I struggle to find time to do this check in at the best of times, so I feel like I'm not part of the conversation cause I don't have time to catch up 😬🙈sorry!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Snowflake1968 140 was my initial UGW when I started seriously on MFP in Jan 2015. After I lost 60 lbs and plateaued in 2017, I kinda thought it wasn’t possible, then I restarted in Jan 2019 to try and get down a bit more, and here I am, 2 years later, a total of 83 down, almost where I wanted to be all along.

If I can do it, so can you. I just wish I had started when I was your age.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Just starting to follow you’re thread. Looking for daily motivation and support. 38 male from Texas currently 218 after 2 weeks of strict diet and exercise down 13 pounds from 234 when I started. Disabled Vet/ Severe PTSD survivor. Biggest was 254. And my long term goal is 180. Short term is just to lose weight and feel better about myself so any support and motivation is welcome. I truly want to succeed this time around and turn my life around. Thanks everyone!!!

Welcome! You're definitely in the right place for motivation and support. This is a great group of people. :smile:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Well I've read through JFT for the days I fell behind. Hugs to everyone!!!!

We can all get thru these difficult seasons, damn COVID and damn weather restrictions!!! LOL :wink:

I'm not doing much better bc I've allowed stress and anxiety rule my days but I say stop to all that today! I plan to pick myself up, dust myself off, and jump back on track today!!!

JFT Wednesday 2/17/21:

✅Enjoy coffee time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Attend class virtually
    ❌Review recorded lecture
    ✅Begin Chem 3308 HW, 2.22
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Make homemade chicken enchiladas
    ✅Relax in the evening
    ✅Stay in green on calorie log!!!!!

Have a blessed day my friends!! 🌷

Proud of myself!! Remain calm and press on!!

I splurged on my diet today with a larger than avg lunch and cinnamon toast crunch :flushed:

However, I cut back to 1 enchilada for dinner and remained in the green. I accept that as a good compromise for now.

Enjoy the rest of y'alls day!!!! 🌺
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2021
    🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝FEBRUARY💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

February Daily Goals: Week 3
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅ 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7

Positive intentions for Wed 17 Feb:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Daily Yoga🎉/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • Weekly grocery shopping 🎉
    • Collect new glasses🎉
    • Outdoor walk 🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉 Watch TV: 🎉
    • Chapter 10:: A walk in the Hindu Kush 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉

Terri 🦄
    While looking for the HR phone number, I stumbled across the email formula(name@site.com) for Dick's and the names of all of the HR leadership team. So I legit just sent them all an email about what happened and asking what we should do next.

That’s putting the ball firmly in their court. They surely can’t all ignore it!

Later: Hooray! It did the trick.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2021
    Just starting to follow you’re thread. Looking for daily motivation and support. 38 male from Texas currently 218 after 2 weeks of strict diet and exercise down 13 pounds from 234 when I started. Disabled Vet/ Severe PTSD survivor. Biggest was 254. And my long term goal is 180. Short term is just to lose weight and feel better about myself so any support and motivation is welcome. I truly want to succeed this time around and turn my life around. Thanks everyone!!!

That's a good starting loss. Just stick with the programme and it will happen.

@Thanis90 After a 3 hour walk, I'm not surprised you didn't feel like doing the hoovering. Don't worry about not commenting. You can benefit just as much by reading.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    edited February 2021
    Solid day on all fronts

For Wednesday focus on the things I want most

-I'm grateful for the many experiences I've had in my life but Mardi Gras takes me back to the first year of my marriage and a long weekend in New Orleans. It was our first trip after our honeymoon and reinforced that we were well suited to each other. Hurricanes, hand grenades, sea breezes, piano bars, Brennan's, Café Dumond... great memories.
    -1900 calories. It's a commitment that should mean something: 1897. Up to the line but kept myself from going over
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make the time: 97 minutes including a slower 58 minute, 2.46 mile treadmill walk.
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:TEDx The Secret To Changing Negative Self Talk by Renewing Your Mindset. Blah, trite fluff
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development: HBR #722 How to Set Up and Learn From Experiments: Stefan Thomke. More about developing a culture of bottom up pilots/testing versus methodology. Good insights on overcoming institutional inertia.
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: More than done including snow shoveling
    -Eat dinner at the table and no snacking on the couch: Nope but stayed within my calories
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done. Cut off is a big factor in not going over
    -Revisit my commitments in the late afternoon: Done. Looking for an easier reminder. Not discounting a tattoo

For Thursday, build on the good day Wednesday.

-I'm grateful for the many family and friends in my life. Today it's for the couple that live across the street from my parents. They check at least once a day and genuinely care about my parents. They feed them two to three times a week, just because.
    -1900 calories. This goal means something:
    -Work out for 90 minutes:
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on household duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Revisit my commitments in the late afternoon:

• mytime6630
    edited February 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :) --- drank about 9 cups today.. which for me, is a lot!
    3. only 1 diet coke :) (But .. I did have a caffeine diet coke, so I guess I really had 2)
    4. mindful eating :) Really hungry again tonite, so I had a cheese stick and apple. Hubby wanted popcorn, so I had some of that also. But I ate a very lite lunch, and only ate half of the burritto I had made, so I am OK with this. I really wanted to get "just a little bowl" of ice cream.. but I stopped myself. I actually had the freezer door open... but I knew if I did that, it would lead to another bowl.
    5. 5 fruits/veggies :/ Had peaches for lunch, and lettuce for dinner .. but that was all. Going to try and increase this! Oh. wait ... I had a apple! So thats 3 servings
    6. remember long term goals :)

JFT, THurs
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits & veggies
    6. remember long term goals. ... 15 pounds to get back to my 1st goal weight of 178. I can do this ... I did it before. Consistency, and not giving up.
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2021

@HEGoddard0928 -- wow, so sorry to hear about Matt. You guys sure have the bad luck sometimes it seems. I hope you get the back pay soon. Hang in there!

@WellingTX - I love reading all the things you are grateful for. You are doinggreat!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday.
    3. Classes: NRI Unit 3. Challenge book.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Shoot apostrophes video. 20 pages P&P. Review video 1 to create transcript. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK.
    5. Lunch: Pasta. Write postcards. Run after school.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Take cards to nursing homes. Get postcard stamps.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Write postcards. DEMS ZOOM 7:30
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Delay again, which gives me time to try to find out why I'm getting tax info for unemployment benefits I never got.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.