Small framed women, what do you weigh/what are your stats?

2»

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I am 5'4 and weigh 160, I was 208 so this is good. I guess I am not that small framed because this is good weight for me and I can wear small size. I can wear 10, 12, sometimes an 8 in jeans willl fit. But even when I was 208 lbs I wore sz 14 tight. For some reason I wear small sizes. I have friend who weighs only 135 and wears a 14, weird how I wear small size.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Omg I feel so heavy looking at theses posts, I'm 53.,5.ft 1 and weigh 148, my best weight is 131 . I'm back trying to lose q bit!!

I don't usually open these posts, because personally I don't find them to be inspiring or even mentally healthy. I had a therapist tell me once "to compare is to despair." Yes, it's a trite saying, but I think it holds some truth . You may be feeling pretty good about yourself because you've been measuring your progress by comparing yourself to yourself. Then, you read these stats and don't feel so great.

That's me, though. I'd rather try to shift my focus to how I'm doing today then how I was doing before, and how I feel about myself by looking in the mirror, not by comparing myself to others. I understand that it may be motivating for others, but you're not the only one who may get discouraged by them.

I personally find this topic very motivating. I’ve spent too many years telling myself I look alright and I’m not really that big but it got to a point where I was working out and thought that was enough, but my diet was out of control. I was up to 39% body fat and it really wasn’t healthy, even though I was still wearing a reasonably small clothes size. By hearing from others my frame size and height it helps give me an idea of what I should be aiming for and keeps me on the right track.

Now I’ve lost some of the extra weight I was carrying I’m still not that happy with the way I look or certain areas like my thighs and arms, so know I have a bit more work to do. People who know me do nothing but try and discourage me because they knew how I looked before and in their eyes I’m now getting ‘too thin’. This helps me keep things in perspective and tells me I’m on the right path and also gives me something to aim for.
  • JAT74
    natasor1 wrote: »
    I like this post, bc I like to have some competition among women. It's in our nature and supress this emotion will be sort of sad and shorthanded

Completely agree!

• JAT74
    I’m 4’11 at my most recent Dexa scan my weight was 132 and 26% body fat, I have lost a bit due to covid but would like to stay in the 130-134 weight range but drop my body fat to about 21-22 %.

That’s pretty much my body fat at 122lbs so you are probably carrying a lot more muscle than me! I’d also like to get down to around 21% body fat. Once I’m there I may look at putting on a bit more muscle but I’m 46 so I don’t expect it to be easy!

• petalsinpots
    petalsinpots Posts: 2 Member
    I almost started to cry thinking I was in the wrong place
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    JAT74 wrote: »
    Omg I feel so heavy looking at theses posts, I'm 53.,5.ft 1 and weigh 148, my best weight is 131 . I'm back trying to lose q bit!!

I don't usually open these posts, because personally I don't find them to be inspiring or even mentally healthy. I had a therapist tell me once "to compare is to despair." Yes, it's a trite saying, but I think it holds some truth . You may be feeling pretty good about yourself because you've been measuring your progress by comparing yourself to yourself. Then, you read these stats and don't feel so great.

That's me, though. I'd rather try to shift my focus to how I'm doing today then how I was doing before, and how I feel about myself by looking in the mirror, not by comparing myself to others. I understand that it may be motivating for others, but you're not the only one who may get discouraged by them.

I personally find this topic very motivating. I’ve spent too many years telling myself I look alright and I’m not really that big but it got to a point where I was working out and thought that was enough, but my diet was out of control. I was up to 39% body fat and it really wasn’t healthy, even though I was still wearing a reasonably small clothes size. By hearing from others my frame size and height it helps give me an idea of what I should be aiming for and keeps me on the right track.

Now I’ve lost some of the extra weight I was carrying I’m still not that happy with the way I look or certain areas like my thighs and arms, so know I have a bit more work to do. People who know me do nothing but try and discourage me because they knew how I looked before and in their eyes I’m now getting ‘too thin’. This helps me keep things in perspective and tells me I’m on the right path and also gives me something to aim for.

I would encourage you to focus more on BF% rather than weight if your goal is to change your shape. I can look drastically different at the same weight (with different measurements) depending on my BF levels and the amount/type of exercise I do. If you are at a good weight, but want to be leaner eat sufficient protein and lift progressively along with occasional cardio for heart health. I'm very small framed and shaped like a pre-pubescent boy and tend to float near the bottom of a healthy BMI when I'm at my desired leanness, but it's all personal preference.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member

That's good that it works for you. I've shifted my focus from aesthetic and size-based goals to performance and strength goals to motivate me, as well what feels better for me mentally and physically. I'd rather increase the weight I lift with good form, or work towards improving my dance technique, or increasing the amount of time I can balance in passe on releve in ballet (as a really specific example). But if it works for you--go for it. It might be helpful, though, to look more into body recomposition than actually losing more weight.
  • JAT74

I would encourage you to focus more on BF% rather than weight if your goal is to change your shape. I can look drastically different at the same weight (with different measurements) depending on my BF levels and the amount/type of exercise I do. If you are at a good weight, but want to be leaner eat sufficient protein and lift progressively along with occasional cardio for heart health. I'm very small framed and shaped like a pre-pubescent boy and tend to float near the bottom of a healthy BMI when I'm at my desired leanness, but it's all personal preference.

Thanks. I am focusing on bf% but know I will never be shapeless as all my fat gathers around my upper arms, bum, thighs and lower tummy area. If I manage to lose that I'll definitely be lighter. Right now my BMI is 20.7% so not to low. If I manage to strip off the fat and find I'm too light I'll work on gaining muscle but I already weight train 3x week and keep my protein reasonably high. I'm doing a lot of cardio at the moment mainly to increase calorie burn so I don't have to go too low in calories as I want to continue to eat healthily.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    I'm 5'4" and for many years I thought the thinnest I would ever get was 150. I just thought that was where my body was comfortable landing, and my previous losing attempts usually ended around there before I regained.

But a few years ago I got to 130 and stayed there for a couple years and felt much more natural at 130. When Covid hit I just kept losing even though I was eating about 2000 calories a day (I was more active than I realized) and got all the way down to about 118 (maybe 116 at my lowest) and stayed between 118-120 for several months. I have to say it felt quite natural for my body - I realized I am smaller framed than I thought (although sadly I really lost a lot in my boobs - went from a C to an A cup!).

I gained some weight over the holidays/election period and got up to about 133. I'm now back down to 128. I think about how this would feel so low before I realized I could go below 130 and feel good, but I am still looking to get back down to 121 - I think I feel best around there.
  • Scarlettriestorun
    Scarlettriestorun Posts: 40 Member

I am with you. I'm new here. I have alot to lose. I'm 5ft. 164lb. But I am trying.

We've got this x
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    I am 66, 5'2" . 127.2 pounds, 32-27-35 .
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »

I first read this as you being 6'6" 🤣
  • JAT74
    I'm 5'4" and for many years I thought the thinnest I would ever get was 150. I just thought that was where my body was comfortable landing, and my previous losing attempts usually ended around there before I regained.

But a few years ago I got to 130 and stayed there for a couple years and felt much more natural at 130. When Covid hit I just kept losing even though I was eating about 2000 calories a day (I was more active than I realized) and got all the way down to about 118 (maybe 116 at my lowest) and stayed between 118-120 for several months. I have to say it felt quite natural for my body - I realized I am smaller framed than I thought (although sadly I really lost a lot in my boobs - went from a C to an A cup!).

I gained some weight over the holidays/election period and got up to about 133. I'm now back down to 128. I think about how this would feel so low before I realized I could go below 130 and feel good, but I am still looking to get back down to 121 - I think I feel best around there.

Sounds a lot like me, though I've never been bale to eat 2000 caloroes and lose weight!

Covid was a massive turning point for me and losing the weight have me something to focus on. I'm now the lightest I can ever remember being and knowing that I still don't look or feel like I'm at my goal makes me more determined to get there.

Like you I've lost loads off my bust, I was 36D and I'm currently 34C though my C cup bras are a bit big so I think I'll end up as a B when I reach goal weight.

The key is to keep the weight off long term now and by being super strict and active Monday-Friday and having weekends off I think I can do it. I'm not depriving myself of anything I really want and each week I see the number on the scale go down slightly. Knowing I'm already 122lbs means that I'm not in a major rush to lose the last 10lbs though.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »

I first read this as you being 6'6" 🤣

nope sorry 66 years old , I wish I was 6 feet tall then I would be really skinny . LOL
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    The key is to keep the weight off long term now and by being super strict and active Monday-Friday and having weekends off I think I can do it. I'm not depriving myself of anything I really want and each week I see the number on the scale go down slightly. Knowing I'm already 122lbs means that I'm not in a major rush to lose the last 10lbs though.

I do something similar - I try to keep it between 1400-1550 calories during the week but allow myself to eat more like 1800-2000 on the weekends, and it has made me really happy and I'm still losing (I stopped running outside when the weather got cold and although I still do cardio indoors, I am definitely burning less so no more 2000/day right now sadly). I agree that now that I'm not in a rush because I just have about 7 or 8 pounds to go, it is nice to find what I really hope can be a maintainable routine with week vs. weekends.
  • JAT74

I do something similar - I try to keep it between 1400-1550 calories during the week but allow myself to eat more like 1800-2000 on the weekends, and it has made me really happy and I'm still losing (I stopped running outside when the weather got cold and although I still do cardio indoors, I am definitely burning less so no more 2000/day right now sadly). I agree that now that I'm not in a rush because I just have about 7 or 8 pounds to go, it is nice to find what I really hope can be a maintainable routine with week vs. weekends.

Wow wish I could eat that much! I'm on 1200-1300 Mon-Fri and 1500-2000 at weeks, but I'm doing a lot of cardio and walking and only just started losing again.