Hello!

Options
I've been on a diet for most of my life and I've lost and gained loads of gelatinous fat. I've never been part of a group like this before, but I'm here on the advice of prevention magazine. I want to do everything I can to move forward on my journey toward health and fitness. Over the last 5 years, I've lost 50 pounds. I weigh 131 pounds @ 5'2" and I'm 54 years old. I still have a lot of jibewa jibewa around my middle and I'm hoping to ditch that. It's going to take a complete overhaul of my eating habits, but I'm up for it. I don't know how active this community is but I intend to weigh in, so to speak, on a regular basis, simply to document and process my progress. My motto is simply to keep going. Thanks for reading. :smiley:

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

That's a good motto to follow! Just keep going! That's really what it takes. The formula is super simple - eat less than you burn, and you will oxidize fat. In practice, simple as it is, it's tough as nails.

What will success look like? What tools are you looking to use to make sure this time you lose and don't gain it back?
  • Drex_617
    Drex_617 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been on a diet for most of my life and I've lost and gained loads of gelatinous fat. I've never been part of a group like this before, but I'm here on the advice of prevention magazine. I want to do everything I can to move forward on my journey toward health and fitness. Over the last 5 years, I've lost 50 pounds. I weigh 131 pounds @ 5'2" and I'm 54 years old. I still have a lot of jibewa jibewa around my middle and I'm hoping to ditch that. It's going to take a complete overhaul of my eating habits, but I'm up for it. I don't know how active this community is but I intend to weigh in, so to speak, on a regular basis, simply to document and process my progress. My motto is simply to keep going. Thanks for reading. :smiley:

You have a nice eye.. haha..

Set a goal everyday and kill it.. next day set another goal and kick that’s goals butt.. I’ve always found that’s the best recipe to results
  • pollyeloquent
    pollyeloquent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it really is about a single day. That's all we have. Thanks for the good advice! Hope you're killin' it today. :smile:
  • AvaEBerry
    AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on the last leg of your journey!