JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 18 February

Log 😊 except a bite of date crumble tray bake - just checking that when it came out the oven!
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• ZizzyBumble
    Friday 19 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

Stay away from the date crumble tray bake!
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Just for today (2/19/2021)

Log
    Drink 1 gallon of water
    Exercise for at least 30 minutes
    Find time to relax and reflect on my week.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 2/18/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2. Stay within my calorie range :/ (Not completely out of control, but over)
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water :)
    3. NO diet coke :)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :/ (This is where I went over on calories...grrr)
    5. Go for a walk Clean both bathrooms :) (I decided the bathrooms getting cleaned would be my exercise for the day.

JFT 2/19/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm
    5. Go for a walk

Happy Friday Everyone!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    - cook dinner✅Does cooking a frozen pizza count? Lol

Hahaha I missed this.. But yes.. It counts lmao. Atleast in my house it does 😂😂
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday 2/18/21:

✅AM Yoga 45 min session
    ✅Enjoy coffee time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Attend class virtually
    ✅Review recorded lecture ×2, only 1 was posted
    ❌Finish Chem 3308 HW, 2.22-1
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ❌Elliptical 30 min session
    ❌Make Dinner (no plan yet, we'll see what unfolds)
    ✅Relax in the evening
    ❌Stay in green on calorie log!!!!!

Have a blessed day my friends!! 🌷

We had leftovers last night so I did not technically make anything, Lol!! Yesterday was not too easy but we did go to Costco, which was nice to get out for a bit.

I find myself on a roller coaster ride of emotions lately. I'm kinda over the BS college professor's pour on you. Being an older nontraditional student is not favorable, students and professors mistreat you constantly. Not too mention, I am missing my hubby as he continues to work out of state.

Okay, enough emotional sharing, Lol!!
    Moving Forward.........

JFT Friday 2/19/2021

Enjoy coffee time
    Self-care
    Attend class virtually
    Finish Chem 3308 HW, 2.22 (1&2)
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    Make Artichoke Stuffed Parmesan Chicken
    Relax in the evening
    Stay in green on calorie log!!!!! (I CAN do this!!)

Wishing you all blessed and sunny days today!! 🌻
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 2/18 R
    1) Treadmill before work :mrgreen: 3.22 miles
    2) Move hourly :smiley: 13/14 & 12.6k
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water >:) Did ok until evening snacking. Net cals -547 & 14c
    4) Work at home: AJNH / webinar 2:00 (pace) / PRO s/s training comments = 2/3
    5) Chores: boil eggs / laundry / fill/run dishwasher / at least 1 other thing on list = 4/4
    6) Meditation app phone not charged / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:15 alarm (treadmill before work) = 3/6

JFT 2/19 F
    1) Treadmill before work :mrgreen: 3.31 miles
    2) Move hourly
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work at home: AJNH / Facebook Live 12:00 / PRO s/s comments / submit PRO & PAR s/s / update Project Status s/s
    5) 1-2 cleaning chores / 1-2 finance chores / 1-2 misc chores
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:15 alarm (treadmill before work)
    WellingTX wrote: »
    YouTube video: The Elite 2% Andy Frisella. Vulgar but impactful. The presentation was focused on professional success but drew parallels to health and all areas of personal development. At heart the case is made that when there's a significant goal or objective at stake, 70% give up immediately as there's not a true driver to make the change. See gyms in January versus April as an example. From there, 20% give up when they encounter a crisis or hurdle. They let life derail them, using the event as an excuse to set aside the mission. From there 8% lose focus once they've achieved some level of success. The mundane nature of the new norm, losing the spark causes them to backslide. The final 2% are those that remain committed through it all and never lose their fire. Are focused every day. For my personal wellness journey I've fallen short at all stages but the most frustrating are at that 8% level. Hitting some level of success and then feeling like I have made it, no longer need to put forth the effort or focus, causes me to slide backwards.
    Thank you so much for sharing. This is me! So frustrating when I backtrack.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
  • mytime6630
    Done with a YouTube video: The Elite 2% Andy Frisella. Vulgar but impactful. The presentation was focused on professional success but drew parallels to health and all areas of personal development. At heart the case is made that when there's a significant goal or objective at stake, 70% give up immediately as there's not a true driver to make the change. See gyms in January versus April as an example. From there, 20% give up when they encounter a crisis or hurdle. They let life derail them, using the event as an excuse to set aside the mission. From there 8% lose focus once they've achieved some level of success. The mundane nature of the new norm, losing the spark causes them to backslide. The final 2% are those that remain committed through it all and neve lose their fire. Are focused every day. For my personal wellness journey I've fallen short at all stages but the most frustrating are at that 8% level. Hitting some level of success and then feeling like I have made it, no longer need to put forth the effort or focus, causes me to slide backwards.

This is So me ... so many times. Having a bad day .. giving up. All excited in the beginning .. and then it gets harder, and giving up. The gym part I do love... so at least there I have been OK .. until Covid hit .. so I have not been to the gym in a year.
    But you are so right about the 8%. Last year I achieved what I wanted ... my goal weight to be out of the "overweight" catagory. I kept it off for 9 months, even with covid, even though at that time I still wanted to lose 5-10 more pounds. But slowly, that motivation went away ... old habits came back, and here I am, needing to lose 15 just to get back, at a weight I told myself I would never go back to.
    Losing weight is hard, but maintaining it is even harder. This has to be a lifestyle ... new habits that we develop, and keep. Not just for a short time until we reach our goals. I know for me, emotional, stress, evening eating is what gets me. I have to be aware and mindful of this each evening.. until eventually, those cravings,and that habit will go away.
    Thank you for sharing this message. .. I think it resonates with many of us.
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Friday

- Meds ✔️
    - POTS (Do this before 12!)
    - Ring Dr at 12 for afternoon appt.
    - Tidy girls room
    - Make a start on putting the washing away (pretty sure Ash is helping with this too)
    - Clean inside of fridge
    - Reorganise freezer (and make shopping list for things we need)

- Try the FitOn app I've got

For those interested it's an app with looooads of free workouts, there is in-app purchases so I think you could unlock more features but they have so much that is free :) I haven't used it properly myself, just browsed the app, so i can let you all know if it's good :)

Hope you are feeling better! Wanted to respond yesterday .. but just didn't have time. But your Ash sounds like such a caring partner!
  • mytime6630
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY 2/18/21

Happy Friday Everyone!!

The nite time snacking is what gets me! I do great all day .. in fact, its not even a struggle. But somehow, in the evenings, I just crave stuff. Last nite I ate a apple and a cheese stick .. and that helped. I'm trying to save calories for a small snack in the evening .. but trying to make it a protein and a fruit or veggie.. so I don't go overboard on carbs.
    But you are doing great!!
  • Bex953172
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY 2/18/21

Happy Friday Everyone!!

The nite time snacking is what gets me! I do great all day .. in fact, its not even a struggle. But somehow, in the evenings, I just crave stuff. Last nite I ate a apple and a cheese stick .. and that helped. I'm trying to save calories for a small snack in the evening .. but trying to make it a protein and a fruit or veggie.. so I don't go overboard on carbs.
    But you are doing great!!

At night me and Ash get through so many snacks. Pack of crisps each or a FULL Share bag of crisps gone, then we normally have a bag of sweets or chocolate, then sometimes we're still peckish and he will have porridge or we'll make cheesy chips!
    Then sometimes crackers and cream cheese.

But we don't eat very well in the day if I'm honest. So I'm not surprised we're both ravenous by the evening and then snacks just go well with films anyway lol!

But yeah, come March I need to address this. I'm still snacking at night for now but reining it in a bit so I'm not completely screwed.
    The new jeans I bought from losing a dress size that fit like a dream are now starting to squeeze lol!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝FEBRUARY💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

February Daily Goals: Week 3
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅ 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 5/7

Positive intentions for Fri 19 Feb:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Daily Yoga🎉/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • ZOOM meeting 🎉
    • declutter master bathroom 🎉
    • vacuum upstairs 🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉 Watch TV: 🎉
    • Chapter 10:: A walk in the Hindu Kush 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉

Terri 🦄

@HEGoddard0928

Hope you get the back pay soon.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Done with a YouTube video: The Elite 2% Andy Frisella. Vulgar but impactful. The presentation was focused on professional success but drew parallels to health and all areas of personal development. At heart the case is made that when there's a significant goal or objective at stake, 70% give up immediately as there's not a true driver to make the change. See gyms in January versus April as an example. From there, 20% give up when they encounter a crisis or hurdle. They let life derail them, using the event as an excuse to set aside the mission. From there 8% lose focus once they've achieved some level of success. The mundane nature of the new norm, losing the spark causes them to backslide. The final 2% are those that remain committed through it all and neve lose their fire. Are focused every day. For my personal wellness journey I've fallen short at all stages but the most frustrating are at that 8% level. Hitting some level of success and then feeling like I have made it, no longer need to put forth the effort or focus, causes me to slide backwards.

I’m sure this resonates with many of us. I know I have been all those people.

However, it’s not over until we give up, and we should be proud that we are still here, despite all the trials we have faced this past year.

There may be setbacks, but they pass and we keep trying.

I applaud your persistence!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    02/18/21
    - JFT✅
    - finish laundry✅
    - fold clothes(will listen to a book while doing this)🤣😭🤣
    - clean kitchen floor✅
    - clean off counters✅F* FINALLY!
    - unload/load/run dishwasher✅
    - read some kind of fiction✅I'm going to say yes to this bc I listened to two full audiobooks yesterday while I cleaned and then relaxed.
    - edit 1 page❌
    - shower❌Did it this morning. Lol
    - cook dinner✅I pulled a bag of tortellini out of the back of my freezer. Lol
    - log all my food ❌
    - bed by 9:30❌More like 10:15. I stayed up a bit later making my goals for today and doing a few minutes of journaling.

Went back to work today after two days off. It was rough! We got a snow/ice storm yesterday/last night so I was worried about the roads. Our parking lot was worse then the roads though. The owner of the property does a really terrible job keeping our lot clear of snow and ice. We've had a couple of people slip this year.

The truck came late but it wasn't as bad as we were all expecting. The manifest that was emailed last night had us all worried. Lol. We got it all put away in like 3 hours though. Curbside was really busy today too. It was one order after another all morning long. I stayed an hour later then I was scheduled bc my manager guilted me into it. Lol. But I got paid for it and I usually take all the hours they'll offer me!

But I'm home now. Matt's at work. I'm waiting for a message to see how he's doing. I have a few things I want to do today but the most important is folding the damn laundry. I have like 5 loads that need to be taken care of. So I'm going to put on the next book in my series and fold as I listen.

02/19/21
    - up at 6✅
    - shower✅
    - work 7-12 1✅
    - JFT✅
    - fold laundry
    - log all my food
    - edit 1 page
    - call allergist
    - email HR
    - figure out dinner
    - start new book
    - pay bills
    - bed by 9:30

• Bex953172
    JFT Friday

- Meds ✔️
    - POTS (Do this before 12!)✔️ There's another collection of today's pots starting to gather now lmao. But it's a lot less than before
    - Ring Dr at 12 for afternoon appt.✔️ Yes and I got all the tablets I need and new antidressants which I know work because I've been taking Ash's lol im just glad they let me have them too, I didn't see why not seeing as I've tried all the others!
    - Tidy girls room ✔️ it was *almost* clean then I had to stop for lunch and the pile of bits like lego, beads, cards then got spread out everywhere again by Casey like she was some sort of Tasmanian Devil 😈
    - Make a start on putting the washing away (pretty sure Ash is helping with this too) ❌ Mehh kind of left this for Ash and he didn't do it either 😂
    - Clean inside of fridge❌
    - Reorganise freezer (and make shopping list for things we need)❌
    - Try the FitOn app I've got ❌No but I'm gonna browse again and familiarise myself with the app and hopefully pick out a workout i want to try.

So a 50/50 day. I'm glad I got all the pots done this morning. There's now today's pots to do but I'll do them tomorrow morning now. I COULD do them now if I pushed myself but in all honesty, I just don't flippin want to 😂

Feeling quite good about today anyway, I feel like it's gone well. Pretty tired now though.

The Dr didn't really do much for my ear, I think they're reeaaaaally trying to keep people out of the surgery. I personally think someone should look at it to see whats actually wrong. Ive used OTC stuff for it to no effect, she's given me a different ear drop but I think these have steroid stuff in? So they might work but if this doesn't work I'll have to ask them to check properly.

Anyway not got much else to update on..
    Hope everyones well and had a nice day!

Oh does anyone know what happened to @Faebert?
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Solid day

For Friday, keep building on my good days. The scale is improving.

-I'm grateful for the many advances in technology but today it's for the miracle of cell phones and no charge long distance. I'm old enough to remember having to think twice about making that call. The ability to stay connected with family and friends without concern for cost is something I take for granted.
    -1900 calories. Dangerous day ahead, stay focused: 1909. Left pizza in the box to stay under my calories
    -Work out for 50 minutes: 59 minute 2.60 mile treadmill walk
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Finished HBR Ideacast 717. Great interview with the founder of Ritz-Carlton and his views on customer retention through employee empowerment and vision.
    -Invest 30 minutes on household duties: More than done with shoveling, grocery store run and keeping up with my stuff
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Nope, ate early but kept to my calorie and time commitments
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Revisit my commitments late in the afternoon: Done, need to build a habit

For Saturday, keep on track.

- I'm grateful that while I can go off the rails, I've proven to myself that I have self discipline and can keep motivated to make changes. If I can do it once, twice or 75% of the time I can make the lifestyle shift.
    - 1900 calories:
    - Work out for 90 minutes:
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    - Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    - Invest 30 minutes on household duties;
    - Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    - Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Revisit my commitments in the afternoon:

[/quote]

• ZizzyBumble
    Friday 19 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

Stay away from the date crumble tray bake! Just one small piece 😊

• ZizzyBumble
    Sat 20 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    ama3387 wrote: »
    Just for today (2/19/2021)

Log 😊
    Drink 1 gallon of water☹️( only got to 64 oz)
    Exercise for at least 30 minutes☹️( ended up nursing an upset stomach)
    Find time to relax and reflect on my week😊.
    2/20/2021
    Log
    Drink 1 gallon of water
    Exercise for 30 minutes
    Relax