Pregnancy - September 2011

Options

Replies

• mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies I need your help. Can you vote your rankings for the following names?

Isabella Rose Marsh
    Isabelle Rose Marsh
    McKenzie Rose Marsh (not set on spelling There are 40 some ways)
    Anabelle Rose Marsh
    Madison Rose Marsh
    Madeline Rose Marsh

Middle name Rose and last name Marsh are pretty much a set thing. As Rose is my moms and my middle name so we want to carry that on. Her older sisters name is Allison Hope Marsh.

Thanks ladies!!

isabelle
    anabelle
    madeline
    isabella
    madison
    mckenzie

julz- those reading are so inaccurate most of the time (from what ive heard) so i wouldnt worry :smile:

LindsayChick-congratulations!!

mommy2CnG- good on you for quitting smoking! I bet its hard but what an amazing incentive you have

Kcurtis05- Welcome :smile:

Ronya- Thanks for that, your so right, it the man im marrying that counts and he really is my soulmate :love:

DeleriousOwl- congrats on your first scan! did you hear the heart beat?

Anne- such a gorgeous profile pic!

Sandi- congratulations :flowerforyou:

Michelle- Yay on another baby boy!! I bet your other son is excited?

Danielle- so sorry your in pain but you really are on the home stretch. hang in there girl!:flowerforyou:

Lindsey- wow what a great birth story. I'm so happy that recovery and breastfeeding are both going well. Im sorry about the infection ): that must be horrible. but at least you have your little girl to take your mind of it:love:

Question: Are all of you ladies washing your baby clothes in special washing powder before baby arrives? if so what kind? I am 33 weeks today and cant complain. I have the flu which is a nuisance but im otherwise feeling great:smile: just alot to do with getting my fiance' his visa etc.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

Question: Are all of you ladies washing your baby clothes in special washing powder before baby arrives? if so what kind? I am 33 weeks today and cant complain. I have the flu which is a nuisance but im otherwise feeling great:smile: just alot to do with getting my fiance' his visa etc.

I just use my regular detergent. I use a "free and clear" - no dyes, no perfumes, since they irritate the snot out of me (skin and smell) - usually ALL but sometimes something else cheaper. I would say go with the no dyes or perfumes for all baby clothes. And make sure it's detergent, not soap flakes. Not completely sure of the difference, but I have heard that soap flakes can lower fire retardance of pj's and other such side effects.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Stacy – Don’t be too hard on yourself about weight gain, every pregnancy is different. I’ve gained way more than I wanted to this pregnancy (44 pounds at 36 weeks), but baby and I are perfectly healthy. I know women who watched everything they put in their mouths and worked out every day and still gained like crazy, it’s not always about the number on the scale. You’re doing great!

Michelle – yea for a little boy!!! Congratulations!

Julz – that would be awesome if our babies were born on the same day!

Delirious – glad everything looks good!

Sandi & Magenta – congratulations and welcome!

Lindsey – thank you for sharing your story. I’m so glad you’re both doing well. She is beautiful!!!!

ElizabethJ – They’re all cute names but here’s my order. McKenzie, Isabelle, Isabella, Madison, Anabelle, Madeline

Melissa – I’m using Dreft. Hope you get over the flu quickly!
  • ron2282
    Options
    Other than seriously re-thinking the dress I let my cousin talk me into wearing, I’m happy with how my maternity pictures came out. She took so many! But these are a few of my favorites.

02405108f9cf4e8e975601755f207817.jpg

339bfe0dc9ee468b95d763ce29342fd6.jpg

30c2dafbc2934828a8c0dce753cd9ba7.jpg

6a6c9a0fed7442dc93e81624e162cab7.jpg

f91e5dbf9db84ac79d9a36c10e786ef5.jpg
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The pictures are awesome and you look beautiful!! What a great memory for the three of you to cherish forever : )
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Not been feeling well the last day and a half. I have been having so much pain - pressure in the groin area, the ligaments in my inner hips really hurting, and my hip itself, and now the random contraction which is sometimes almost sharp or burning. I really starting thinking last night that something was going to develop, but then it went away. I feel like such a wimp, but it's really wearing me down. :sad: Dr's appointment on Tuesday and I hope we can figure something out. I'm not a fan of early induction (or induction at all, really) unless there is a good reason, and I would really much rather go into labor on my own, but 3 weeks or more of this ...
    Like I said, I'm feeling like a major wimp and a huge complainer.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Has anyone felt like they were too small for how far along they were? I'm almost 30 weeks and I'm not as big as I was with my other two. I was quite large in the tummy with my 2nd, and expected to be around the same size this time. I have a measuring tape to track fundal height myself and it seems to be right on track, but I still feel small. I can still lay on my stomach without discomfort most times. Puzzling. With my other kids, I couldn't lay on my stomach past 20-22 weeks......Anyone else?
  • Caperfae
    Options
    I make small babies (according to my OB) so I don't look like I'm 36 weeks nor am I measuring that big. People don't believe me when I tell them how far along I am. Suits me just fine though because I don't feel like Shamu and I am enjoying being active.
  • mukie89
    Options
    Scorpiomom- I have had the same thing. I have no other pregnancies to compare to but everyone has said that i look closer to 5 months as opposed to the 8 that i am. This has worried me on and off throughout the pregnancy but my doc assures me this is fine as long as im steadily gaining wait in a healthy range.

Thanks for the detergent advice. I just came from the gym and unlike the rest of my pregnancy i got alot of attention and questions from other woman there today, mostly pertaining to how im feeling and when i plan on stopping going to the gym. I told them i planned on going for as long as i felt comfortable, which is the truth. One of the big reasons i decided to continue with the gym during my pregnancy is the fact that three years ago when i first visited the states I remember going to the gym and seeing a somewhat heavily pregnant woman doing a light workout at the gym. I remember being so inspired and thinking it was so great that this woman managed to keep up with her routine. In the same way i hope to inspire my friends, both pregnant now or in the future, to keep up with exercise throughout their pregnancy, remembering that oxygen is the best fuel for baby
  • mukie89
    Options
    i also of course want to stress moderation to them also, as i myself have had scares with the bringing on of braxton hicks etc. :ohwell:
  • lilibe
    lilibe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations to all the mommies! And good luck to those TTC.

Mommy2CnG – Congratulations on quitting smoking! Hopefully your morning sickness doesn’t last too long.

Elizabeth – I hope your scan next week goes well.

Ronya – Yay on Kathryn flipping! I’ve been gaining more weight than I planned too. I love your maternity pictures.

Stacy - I’m up 20-21 pounds at almost 27 weeks. As long as your LO is healthy, I wouldn’t worry too much about a little extra weight gain.

Michelle – Before I got pregnant, I was on medication for high blood pressure. Now I’m off the medication and frequently get readings in the 105/65 range. Sometimes I feel pretty faint when I get up, but it usually passes pretty quickly. At least your LO seems to be growing just fine! Congrats on having a boy!

Lindsey – Thank you for sharing your birth story. Cali is beautiful!

Elizabeth – I like Madeline and McKenzie best. I like Isabella a lot, but it’s been really popular the last few years.

Rachael – I’m glad you and Edan are doing well!

Danielle – I’m sorry you’re having a tough time. I hope they figure out soon why you’re having all of those symptoms.

Melissa – Yay for continuing to go to the gym. Hopefully that means you’re feeling better from the flu. I still try to go to aerobics a couple times a week and just lowered the intensity. I definitely get more stares at the gym now.

Julz – Hopefully your LO will come early without an induction. That’s tough to be so uncomfortable and still have to go to school. You’re getting close!

Scorpiomom – I’m having the opposite issue. I’ve gotten several comments about how big I am for only being 6 months and that the baby is going to be huge. As long as your measurements are still on track I wouldn’t worry too much about it being different from previous pregnancies.

AFM – I’m excited for a date night tonight. My DH and I are going to see the Mary Poppins musical and go out to dinner. I have a question for you guys. As you gained weight with the pregnancy, did you adjust your MFP weight? Or did you just keep your weight and calories at the pre-pregnancy level and just add 300 calories a day?
  • ron2282
    Options
    Julz – complain all you want, that’s what we’re here for. I’ve been having a lot of pressure too, sometimes it feel like she’s going to just slide right out! We’re so close though, you can do it!!

Scorpio – I’ve had people tell me I’m too big and others tell me I’m too small; since this is my first pregnancy I have no frame of reference. My doctor though has always told me my belly measures right on track. As long as your doctor isn’t worried I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Melissa – I think it's great that you're still going to the gym. The only exercise I get now is walking. :ohwell:
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    bump!
  • ron2282
    Options

AFM – I’m excited for a date night tonight. My DH and I are going to see the Mary Poppins musical and go out to dinner. I have a question for you guys. As you gained weight with the pregnancy, did you adjust your MFP weight? Or did you just keep your weight and calories at the pre-pregnancy level and just add 300 calories a day?

We posted at the same time! Have fun on your date tonight. I just set my calories to maintain my pre-pregnancy weight, but if I’m being completely honest I don’t remember the last time I logged my food.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I have a question for all of you ladies...

I just found out that I am pregnant! Besides being super excited... I am now even more aware of what I eat. I want to make sure that I am getting enough calories in my body and eating my workout calories back. I set my goals to maintain and it says that I should eat 1900 calories a day plus eating back any exercise calories. To me this just seems so hard and unrealistic. I am trying... Drinking milk, eating nuts, peanut butter toast, fruit, corn... I am craving salad and ranch dressing. I am still only getting about 1700 in a day and trying extremely hard to net 1200 when I run.

So my question: During the first tri... meeting that 2000 calorie mark? Realistic or a giant hill to concur? What are your thoughts, take, experiences. Should I not worry too much and just eat till I am full? Or really rev it up and try to stuff my face to meet that caloric goal?
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

I just found out that I am pregnant! Besides being super excited... I am now even more aware of what I eat. I want to make sure that I am getting enough calories in my body and eating my workout calories back. I set my goals to maintain and it says that I should eat 1900 calories a day plus eating back any exercise calories. To me this just seems so hard and unrealistic. I am trying... Drinking milk, eating nuts, peanut butter toast, fruit, corn... I am craving salad and ranch dressing. I am still only getting about 1700 in a day and trying extremely hard to net 1200 when I run.

So my question: During the first tri... meeting that 2000 calorie mark? Realistic or a giant hill to concur? What are your thoughts, take, experiences. Should I not worry too much and just eat till I am full? Or really rev it up and try to stuff my face to meet that caloric goal?

My advice? Just eat until you're full, and eat an array of healthy stuff. Also, even if you get hungry enough that you're shaky, don't eat terribly fast. You'll end up eating way more than you need and make it all come right back up. It's actually not that important to eat MORE, as long as you aren't hungry, you're good. :)
  • mathjulz
    Options

Congratulations! I would just eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full. I had issues with getting "enough" food early on, and my doctor said to eat small, frequent meals. As long as you pay attention to the nutritional content (and take your prenatals) you should be okay. It's normal to lose a bit in the first trimester, as long as you aren't already underweight. And, in the long run, I think it's better to stay in the habit of listening to your body!
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    Hello ladies :drinker: I just found out yesterday that i'm going to be a mommy again..this will be my 4th and last child.I'm due May 18th 2012 and couldnt be mor ein LOVE already..I hade gestional diabetes with my last pregnancy and really want to be healthy and do the best i can to make this pregnancy a happy,healthy,and fit one a spossiable..Add me if ya like i know i'll need help and motivation :blushing: .Hope all yuo have healthy anf it pregnancys too and looking forward to this journey!:flowerforyou:
  • mathjulz
    Options
    People keep asking me "how long do you have left" .... I guess I could just say 3 weeks till my due date. But it could be less. Or more. urg... (and this is people who've had babies and know that it's very imprecise)

On the same lines, I love the pregnancy tickers, but I am now slightly grumpy at the countdown. It could be 23 days. Or 13 or 30 .... You can't really count down the days at this point, as much as I want to.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    People keep asking me "how long do you have left" .... I guess I could just say 3 weeks till my due date. But it could be less. Or more. urg... (and this is people who've had babies and know that it's very imprecise)

On the same lines, I love the pregnancy tickers, but I am now slightly grumpy at the countdown. It could be 23 days. Or 13 or 30 .... You can't really count down the days at this point, as much as I want to.

A part of me really doesn't like that due dates can't be an exact science. lol I would like to deliver on or a bit before my due date. :P