How many calories are in tuna with mayo?

Livers1982
Livers1982 Posts: 7 Member
How many calories are in tuna with mayo? Do I add the can of tuna & then the mayo together?

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    4 oz of tuna = 100 cals 22 gm protien 1Tbsp of Hellmann's mayo = 90 cal - add them up
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Yes, for any combination of two or more foods, the most accurate way to log is to weigh each individual component and then log them that way. Since mayo is a calorie-dense food, you'll probably want to minimize the times you're eyeballing or roughly estimating it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    What does it say on the label of the can of tuna?
    What does it say on the label of whatever brand of mayo you used for the amount of it you ate?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2021
    Depends on how much your using. Oil or water packed tuna. Light mayo or full fat. As others stated, it tells you on the container 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    I add the tuna calories and the measured amount of mayo seperate personality.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Different mayo and different tuna are different calories so you have to look at your can and mayo. For me my tuna is 90cal and my mayo is 20calories.
  • neffyworld
    neffyworld Posts: 89 Member
    That sounds very English! haven't seen it in New Zealand...
  • neffyworld
    I lived in the UK, I'm pretty sure the mayo and the tuna is in the same can. The nutritional information should be on the side.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    For me, the oil packed 2.6 oz packet of tuna is 150 calories. The dukes mayo is 100 calories for T - I usually do 0.5 T so 50 calories.

That is 200 calories. I also add pickle relish, which has 0 calories on the label. It adds moisture without measurable calories.
  • neffyworld
    Why did someone disagree with me, I've lived in the UK, and I know they sell tuna and mayo together in a can?
  • southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    neffyworld wrote: »
    Why did someone disagree with me, I've lived in the UK, and I know they sell tuna and mayo together in a can?
    [I was not the person who disagreed.] Although it is more common in the US to "mix it together yourself", they do sell pre-mixed tuna+mayo. Called something along the lines of "tuna salad" and sold "in a pouch", the brand I tried tasted terrible!!
  • neffyworld
    neffyworld wrote: »
    [I was not the person who disagreed.] Although it is more common in the US to "mix it together yourself", they do sell pre-mixed tuna+mayo. Called something along the lines of "tuna salad" and sold "in a pouch", the brand I tried tasted terrible!!

Sounds terrible!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    It’s also far more common to mix it up yourself in the UK. Whilst you can get it premixed as a sandwich filling in both the chilled deli fridges and in single serve cans or pouches, it’s clearly marketed to the ‘lunch on the go’ sector.

Just wanted to clear it up so nobody thought we can’t get canned tuna without mayonnaise already added here, which is how the post read originally (at least to me!)😂
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    If you're making tuna salad, this is one reason I really like the recipe builder - I can weigh all the ingredients, set the serving size to 1g, and then the number of servings is the weight of the entire recipe. Then I can just log however many grams I eat of the recipe. If there are leftovers, the next time I eat it, I can just log the weight again.

You can do it with volume too, though it's a little less precise.
  • Velvetpixels
    Velvetpixels Posts: 51 Member
    Weigh your tuna..., weigh/measure your Mayo. I don’t get it?