I stop drinking if you lose 100-125 pounds!

TheHappyLoser
TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
edited February 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Saturday, during an argument (or after) my husband told me he would stop drinking if I Iose 100 or 125 pounds. He doesn't know how much I weigh. Up to this morning, I didn't know it. A whopping 351 lbs. I cried. I am glad he doesn't know.

Hearing him saying it hurt me. I know my weight is bothering him. How could it not? His drinking is bothering me. How could it not? I am not a fool. I know he will not stop drinking but I will be damned if I don't lose the weight just to show him I can do it. I needed to hear him say it. It went under my skin like an arrow. It hurt.

After 21 years, our marriage has gotten 'old' perhaps one of the reasons why I eat so much? Hundreds of reasons why eat so much. I am a bad habit in human form. Sitting at home did not help.

Eating makes me happy until I am done, then I am unhappy. I hate how I look. I am short of breath. Borderline diabetic. I am on 40mg Prednisone a day, which makes me feel hungry all the time. Prednisone causes weightgain. I am taking it since 2014. I have Lupus and RA. I told my doc today that I want to taper down on the steroids. Got his blessing. I am too heavy to walk. I use a hoverround in the store and feel ashamed that I have to. Weight loss will help with my inflammation.

I can't stand long my back hurts so bad. Moving is too much. My ankles are swollen. MFP setting says I can eat 1700 calories per day and lose 2 pounds a week. Haha, 1700 calories is my breakfast from Wendy's. A Baconator, Sausage Croissant, Egg burrito, and chocolate frosty. Not making it up. I had it today, just logged it. 1850 calories to start the day. Now I feel ashamed.

2016 on a good day, I signed up here. I can't remember the starting weight or if I lost weight. Doesn't matter. I remember I asked lots of questions but I didn't continue. I continued eating.

I was a happy woman who loved to laugh, who loved to smile. I never worked out but was active. How did I lose myself?

Am I serious now or just pissed?

48 hrs after our argument I am not upset anymore. I came here. I chose the name The Happy Loser and smiled when I found my profile picture. I want to do this. I need to lose 100 -150 pounds for me.

I am writing this to be honest with myself and I hope I might find friends here. That would be great.
Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Take it one day and a time ... You got this ....if you need a cheerleader in your corner feel free to add me ..Wishing you much success :)
  • TheHappyLoser
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    For emotional eating, I also found journaling really helpful.

What can we do to help you and make the process easier?

I sent you a friend request. Journaling sounds like a very good idea. I hope you will be my friend.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    You know, one day you may thank your husband for that comment if it pushes you to change. You are doing the right thing by logging and seeing how much you're actually eating. Then take a good look at your diary. See where you can cut out a few high calorie foods. You might be able to make some of your favorite foods at home for fewer calories. What you will need is patience and persistence. Read the Success threads on here to pick you up when you need it. Read the stickies for good information and help.

Wishing you the best of luck. You can do this, just never give up.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    For emotional eating, I also found journaling really helpful.

What can we do to help you and make the process easier?

I sent you a friend request. Journaling sounds like a very good idea. I hope you will be my friend.

Absolutely.
  • TheHappyLoser
    1poundatax wrote: »
    You deserve to be the woman who loves to laugh, loves to smile, and enjoys being active.

I love the sites you recommended. Emotional eating is an issue. I need to hold myself accountable and be responsible for my actions. Why do I overeat? So many reasons. Thanks so much.
    I hope you accept my friend request.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    You sound like you had the “brain snap” moment I had. For me it was cumulative as well, but it was a thyroid medication prescription that pushed me over the edge. There was a clear “before and after” moment in my life, like a line in the sand.

Try to hold on to that feeling.

If you’re serious, you can do it. It sounds trite, but if I can do it, anyone can do it, and I sincerely hope to hear you parroting the same thing in a year or two.

There are many people here who have lost weight without exercise, simply eating less than they burn. But, the process will be a lot more pleasant and you’ll improve your health with it.

I particularly like a thread a few months back. Lady described herself just like you. She resolved to walk to the end of the driveway, then driveway + first telephone pole, then second, and so on, til she was up to a couple miles a day.

Walking, fresh air, hearing the birds or listening to your latest podcast are like medication for me. And it’s free- although you want to invest in some good walking shoes.

Im also really cheap. If I sign I for a class, and have to pay even if I miss it, I’ll darn well take the class. Plus having it on my calendar makes me accountable for taking it. I feel the same way about my walking shoes. I want to make them earn their keep lol.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1
  • AstraL12
    AstraL12 Posts: 47 Member
    Wow..
    Sorry but.. "I'll stop drinking if you lose X amount of lbs"
    That sort of comment is basically saying.. "You can't do it so I'm gonna carry on drinking til my heart's content"
    Don't do it for ANYONE else but yourself!!

Set up healthy meal plans for each day that will steadily and gradually lower your calorie intake.
    Scan and weigh EVERYTHING.
    Start doing light exercises sitting down, or on the spot if mobility is an issue at the moment. Use YouTube as a good source of 'at home' exercises.

You CAN do this! I hope you find what you are after. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • TheHappyLoser
    AstraL12 wrote: »
    Wow..
    Sorry but.. "I'll stop drinking if you lose X amount of lbs"
    That sort of comment is basically saying.. "You can't do it so I'm gonna carry on drinking til my heart's content"
    Don't do it for ANYONE else but yourself!!

Knowing my husband, that's exactly why he said it and I will prove him wrong. But in the end, I want it for me and my life. I lost myself, but my husband should not get the blame for it. Overeating was my decision, letting myself go, was my decision.

Youa are spot on, according to my doc I need to start with sitting exercise until I am under 300.