Who is your favorite band and why?

Options

Replies

• BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    The Allman Brothers Band, they have the best musicians in the world along with great lyrics and amazing vocals.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thrice.

Lyrical geniuses. Amazing music.
  • obstacleone
    Options
    Don't have a favourite band but here is something to go with:

Queens of the Stoneage - Seriously Josh Homme is one of the greatest guitarists out there, he's also an excellent producer.
    The Black Keys - If you have to ask why listen to the albums Chulahoma and Rubber Factory
    Man Man - If you've never heard of this band it's a shame, youtube them performing Van Helsing Boom Box live.
    The XX - It's simple and perfect.
    Death From Above 1979 - Saw them perform in front of 1000 people, in front of 13,000 people and 40,000 people. One of the best acts I've ever seen live. Top three highlights from Coachella this year for me.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Linkin park because they don't get stuck and alow themselves to evolve.

Metallica pre load album because there wasn't anyone that rocked harder live!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Journey

Because I love Steve Perry's soaring voice and Neil Schon's guitar mastery and the way Dean Castronovo beats the living ***t out of his drums.

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar because that was when the band peaked in lyrics and musicianship

Def Leppard cause 83-90 were my Wonderyears, the soundtrack of my life.

Love!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    ISIS for "epic" workouts
    Converge for "**** you, I'm gonna kick my ****in *kitten*" workouts
    Soundgarden just cuz I love Soundgarden

Mastodon and Alice in Chains, also great bands that motivate
  • lotusblossomctf
    Options
    Coheed and Cambria for me. Also love Muse, The Birthday Massacre and The Cruxshadows. :)
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    The Allman Brothers Band, they have the best musicians in the world along with great lyrics and amazing vocals.

Don't forget their incredible guitar. That's what I love about them.

I don't know who my favourite band is. It's one of those things where I just can't choose.
  • QweenRara
    Options
    I love Florence and the Machine, The Dave Matthews Band, The Strokes, The Roots and The Weeknd (yes it's spelled like that).
  • Slackergrrl
    Options
    I have a few favorite bands. The Damned and Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds are at the top, but they are closely followed by Danko Jones, The Raveonettes, Stellastarr*, The Cramps and Tom Waits. (I'm not indecisive or anything..)
  • Slackergrrl
    Options
    I love The Cramps. I miss Lux. :(
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love music!
    always and forever will be a Journey fan.

David Crowder Band
    Chris Tomlin
    Luke Bryan
    Keith Urban
    Hillsong United
    Lady A
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I like the bands of yesteryear far more than I do any of the new ones.

Fleetwood Mac are up there with the best....Albatross still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

At the risk of being alienated, I confess to also liking The Beatle's, Abba and the Bee Gee's too...they performed so many catchy lyrics in their day.
  • jsiler181
    Options
    Led Zeppelin because a guitar can be as exquisite as a voice.

That was absolutely beautifully stated. And so incredibly true.
  • jsiler181
    Options
    I don't think I could ever choose an all-time favorite-I love music way too much to narrow it down. The ones that I always come back to are:

Incubus - Incredible lyrics, amazing live shows, and Brandon Boyd's voice is a thing of beauty

Led Zepplin - Is there actually an explanation needed? They were pioneers and few bands melded together as perfectly as they did.

The Doors - Jim Morrison is the quintessential front man and The Doors are probably the first band that I ever LOVED.

Thrice - Introduced to them several years back by a friend and I am forever grateful for that. Dustin Kensrue's voice cuts right through me.

Journey - Amazing lyrics and Steve Perry is unequaled when it comes to vocals. My God, I would listen to that man sing anything.

Paramore - I think Hayley Williams is the greatest female vocalist of her generation and I've always loved their music. I only hope that continues now that the Farro brothers have parted ways with the band.

Silverchair's Neon Ballroom is (still) one of my favorite albums of all time. So perfectly captured a moment in my life.

And, although no one else here will consider them a "band", my favorite vocal group of all time is *NSYNC. I was 13 when I first heard them and I've loved them ever since (I'm 27 now). Apparently, I've never outgrown my teenybopper days :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The Partidge Famly

Cuz they are groovy man
  • TheOddOne
    TheOddOne Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MGMT .... everything they do is amazing. Their music makes me happy... puts me in a trance sometimes... makes me think... makes me stop thinking... :)
  • lotusblossomctf
    Options
    I've been really getting into Alice in Videoland, their music just immerses me, and just makes me want to move. LMFAO isn't as deep, but they're beats are so hard to listen to and not dance at least a little!
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Top 2 - Bad Religion & Violent Femmes. Both rock a live show
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Top 2 - Bad Religion & Violent Femmes. Both rock a live show

The Violent Femmes r gewd.