What’s Your Home Fitness Situation?

Options
2»

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    No pics. We have a bench, dumbbells in 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 pounds, a variety of bands, a nice big mat (bigger than a yoga mat) and my roomie has her bike set up. Also foam roller, yoga mat and sliders - which I never use.

It's all in the living room and we have to move the coffee table to work out. I use the sliders to move it.
  • deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    VW Bug parts strewn about, but it works. Actually, works well. I present: The Gender Neutral Cave of Despair: feoepbr67wtr.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I only have a yoga setup. Mats, blocks, cushion, etc. I do like that it's in my spare room and a very serene spot almost like a yoga studio in some ways. The only other things in the room are shelves w/ books and art supplies really. My husband has some weights that he keeps in the closets and he does Pilates in another room.

Mostly we use our very walkable neighborhood for walks and biking.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Full Olympic wt lifting gym in my garage including about 1k # in bumper plates a safety squat bar, an Olympic bar, a deadlift bar, a trap bar and farner walk handles, a 75# weighted vest, a 100# adjustable pair of dumbbells, a deadlift jack, a safety rack, an adjustable Cybex brnch, 2 plyo boxes and all of the other gear and accessories asdociated with such a set up

A modest Crossfit setup in the backyard including a 200# tractor tire, 3 sledge hammers, a 50#shoulder carrysandbag, a 25# battle rope and a sled w/a harness and about 200# of steel Olympic plates.

And, in the house, a LeMond RevMasterPro spin bike and a Concept 2 rowing plusan adjustable situp bench in the master bedroom.

What surface for the sled?
    I about a 60’ run I could set up. I was considering the synthetic golf lawn strip. Wondering if it would shred.
    And your tire! I am jealous. I used to sneak into the high school football training field to flip tires and push sleds on dead grass before they revamped it.

Just grass for the sled. Bought one of those portable flat bottom sleds that can easily slide over grass. Can use it on dirt and concrete too but would rather not do that ro avoid wrecking the bottom of the sled.

Only have a 25# run in my backyard but there several parks near me where I could pull the sled 100-200 yards on grass.

Got the tractor tire for FREE from my local Les Schwab. Check out your local tire shops to see what they might have lying around.

I use it for flipping, vertical jumping and striking w/8, 10 and 12# sledge hammers. Takes up a lot of room but good to have.

I use a 4x4 ft a piece of plywood covered w/a cheap tarp from Harbor Ft to keep rain water from getting into the tire when it's leaned against the fence wc I can also use as an outdoor table when I lay the tire flat.

Also gave a 50# shoulder carry sand bag (also from Rogue) for use in the backyard.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have an 8x8 ish space. I’ve put a cushioned exercise mat down, have resistance bands, loops, dumbbells from 2lb to 30 lbs and a TV. I use fitness apps FitOn (free) and BeachBodyonDemand ($120/year).6hgg73z5entx.jpeg

It’s tight when my furry workout helpers come by.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    edteoc672ylz.jpg

Treadmill and Concept 2 rowing machine, conveniently in front of an old television.
    Power rack with cable pulley system and an assortment of barbells, dumbbells, weights and other accessories.

I call it my garage, my mom calls it my torture room 🤷
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    These photos are amazing!! No photos yet; but, we have a treadmill, elliptical, Concept2 RowErg, Concept2 SkiErg, Peleton, some free weights, and a Reebok Step Bench.... Again, amazing photo's!!