Under 200 calorie Lunch or meal options?

Options
I'm trying to eat many smaller meals a day instead of 3 larger ones as this seems to work better for me as far as being hungry throughout the day and sticking to my goals. But, i am having a hard time finding good things that are under this threshold, they all seem to be 400 calories or so and I cant do that multiple times a day or I am over my limit! Any ideas? :)

Replies

• MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Maybe break up 400/500 calories meals into multiple servings? Otherwise soup is the only 'meal' sort of thing I can think of that is so low in calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is small - Yogurt Parfait

80 calorie Greek yogurt (non-fat, fake sugar) - 1/3 cup blueberries - 15 grams of Fiber One cereal (1/3 serving) and about a tablespoon (10 grams) of slivered almonds

I googled "Eat this Much" and put in a large(r) number for meals.....responses were a smoothie, cottage cheese & fruit, chicken w/ mushrooms, and a sandwich.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Break up your meals into smaller portions that fit your 200 calorie target. Otherwise, the only thing I can really think of is snacky kind of food like an apple and some peanut butter or cottage cheese with some fruit, etc.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    One of my go-to things for breakfast is Plain No Sugar soya yoghurt with chia seeds and a handful of berries. That's definitely under 200 cals.

My salads are usually under 100 cals and could still be under 200 cals, depending on what / how much protein I added. My home-made chicken and vegetable soup is also under 100 cals.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've started buying those packaged salads that come with the toppings and dressing in separate packages. They keep in the fridge for a good time. I then mix one of them up and load it into several Tupperware containers I can take with me. The salad fills me up and I may add a couple string cheese or a protein bar, for the fat and protein
  • cupcakeCravingsmom
    cupcakeCravingsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Special k cereal (read boxes different flavor more or less calories) with Unsweetened Almond milk- 200cal range (of have extra calories left a few strawberries 🍓)

Egg whites 25cal per serving (so can adjust it), 0 cal pepper if love it optional) . Can eat on 1 slice of bread 70 per slice cal one toast it or in 1 tortilla.

Lunch meat read labels some are super low cal or strips of meat you cut up like baked chicken or steak strips put in 1 slice of bread,1 tortilla,1 wrap,1 cheese slice,low cal sub bread , or in salad 🥗. Can add veggies you like. Or eat it by itself with some fruit/vegetables
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Egg or turkey veggie wrap

Chili
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    That's the opposite of how I like to eat, but tons of options. I agree with those saying divide up current meals. An egg + an apple. Cottage cheese + half an avocado. Salad with chicken breast, a bunch of veg, and low cal dressing (red wine vinegar plus mustard plus a tiny bit of olive oil is good). Many other options, depending on your taste preferences.
  • hedgieandme
    hedgieandme Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My go to is a sort of shakshuka. Fry off some chilli, garlic, cumin and smoked paprika. Add onion and whatever veg needs using up. Add a tin of tomatoes, parsley, salt/pepper/msg and half a tin of water. Simmer for 15 mins (tbh you can skip that if you're in a rush). Crack an egg on top and poach it in the liquid. Done.

An onion is about 10cals, a tin of tomatoes is about 100cals depending on the brand and an egg is about 60 to 70cals. That leaves 30 to 40cals for extra veg or a small grating of cheese. Or if you can push to 300cals for the meal, you can have an extra egg or a toasted pitta to dip.
  • camel930boy
    camel930boy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a pure protean bar and a cup of coffee . 214 calories for the whole meal. Do not freak out over 14/20 calories sometimes eating so few calories in a meal can do more harm then good.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Veggie soup with protein powder = delish. Today's was from here: https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegan/thai-red-curry-butternut-squash-soup/ - plus pea protein = 190ish for a really big bowl full.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,999 Member
    Options
    Today I had the asian salad from Taylor Farms only 160 cals and I had a tangerine with it for another 35 cals, also avocado toast with a tangerine or a few grapes , maybe 1/2 an apple, taco soup is a good option, lean cuisine has some options, a chicken leg and spinach salad...or spaghetti squash with marinara
  • Ronin8033
    Ronin8033 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's probably more of a snack, but, I like 0.5 cups of cottage cheese with 0.5 cups of fresh cut pineapple mixed in. I find it curbs my hunger for at least a couple/few hours. Only about 170-190 calories depending on what cottage cheese you use.
  • kouponkk
    kouponkk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to spread laughing cow pepper cheese on rice cakes and then put fresh red pepper (chopped) on top. So delish! Very low calories.
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @Katherinemoore03
    Hi Katherine. I was having the same issue. I find a lot of great stuff on pinterest. I recently found a yummy soup from a great website that is all about low cal meals, lunches and breakfasts. Heres the link. The soup averages about 200 calories a bowl. And makes 6 bowls. I used a scale because they say 2 carrots or cups of so and so but sometimes different brands are different calories or the recipe uses bigger carrots and stuff like that. I like to plan it out to be sure. Its a very versatile soup and its easy to make. Hope you find some good meals and lunches on the site :)

https://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-hearty-vegetable-and-bean-soup/