Are you into fashion and spend big money on it?

Options
13»

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am in to fashion but do not spend a fortune on expensive designer labels. If they clothes look good and fit right, that's all I need.
  • fannilang24
    Options
    I just love to spend on stylish stuff. Last time I bought a scarf for 225 on http://www.richardjames.co.uk and I'm wearing it all the time because it's so beautiful and has orange dots. Normally I have to save up for it for a really long time.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm "into fashion," but I dress well most of the time. I buy some expensive pieces and mix them in with the cheaper ones I get at Target. One of the things I enjoy about my body is the way clothing looks on it now. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate "what's underneath the clothes". I happen to feel my best when I wear an outfit I enjoyed putting together made of fabrics I can't get in a cheap store or flea market. Cheaper women's clothing is often cut poorly and uncomfortable.

Not everyone dresses to impress others. Congratulations on having a job that affords you the luxury of walking around in workout clothing all day.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a clue how to shop or wear anything other than jeans and a tshirt. But I have a secret desire to hire a personal shopper and get a total wardrobe makeover. Maybe someday.

I have a secret desire to be on "What Not to Wear" so I can get a free makeover. I could REALLY use it, too.
    Me too
    And I'm sure I'd be a prime example!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I have a secret desire to be on "What Not to Wear" so I can get a free makeover. I could REALLY use it, too.
    If I was on that show, I'd end up shopping at Sports Authority.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    If I was on that show, I'd end up shopping at Sports Authority.

IDEA Fitness member

I'd go anywhere. I barely have any clothes and the few pairs of slacks I have for work and my one pair of jeans are baggy.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I shop Kohls, Burlington and Ross... lol

I dont spend much on my clothing.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I shop Kohls, Burlington and Ross... lol

I dont spend much on my clothing.

you're my long lost twin.. that's my secret!! i have all these nice clothes for like 1/3 of the price thanks to them.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I buy alot of clothes from thrift stores,but I have been known to drop alot of money on corsets and shoes
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    After starting this thread 10 years ago, I'm still exactly the same. :D:D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    After starting this thread 10 years ago, I'm still exactly the same. :D:D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

At least you revived your own thread. :D
    ladybg81 wrote: »
    I am in to fashion but do not spend a fortune on expensive designer labels. If they clothes look good and fit right, that's all I need.

This is me. I hate looking like I shopped at the same mall store as everyone else so I buy things that are somewhat quirky and unique but I shop clearance and sales. I don't care whose name is on it and I have very few designer items. Although I have been known to pay a wee bit more to get longer inseams.

Boots are my thing and I have an extensive collection. I can't remember paying full price for any of them, even though it's hard to get my size on sale because I'm one of the most common sizes.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I wanna start wearing black combat boots everyday. And tight black jeans. I like minimalist fashion, a simple everyday uniform.

I saw a guy in line at the grocery store who looked old enough to be my dad and he was wearing a leather biker jacket, black pants, and black Air Jordan's. I thought it was a bad *kitten* ensemble. That really inspired me because I'm at a point where I don't know if I should care anymore, I got that dad-on-the-weekend vibe going, but damn that. I'm gonna express myself going forward. Off to Hot Topic. (jk)
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    I could never spend tons of money on labels. I think my whole wardrobe is from target. I do like a cute sundress more comfy than jeans.
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to be that guy. 2K on a suit and 4K on shoes.

But not anymore. It’s not sustainable over time unless you wish to be a peacock forever

I’m just a hairy DILF now, wearing white shirts
  • gionrogado
    gionrogado Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i figured out that budgeting calories is like budgeting money. you have to put a name on every calorie/dollar and see that it goes there.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The only REAL money I spend is on shoes. I have several pairs that I rotate because I'm in the gym for my job, but I have shoes for leg day, shoes just for work, shoes for running, and shoes that I wear when casually going out (in my gym clothes). And one pair of black dress shoes (rare ocassion). Feet are important since everything with balance and support start there and I'm a big believer in making sure you have the right shoe for whatever you're doing.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • DunkinAndDeadlifts
    DunkinAndDeadlifts Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I’m into fashion (when I want to be😂😅) and don’t spend a lot of money on it! We own a company so we can afford it, but I feel like we can afford it bc I don’t spend big money on it...if you know what I’m saying.

I’m all about saving and spending thoughtfully and responsibly. With 5 children, I want to give them the best life possible so I live simply so I will be able to help with that.

When I do shop, I’ll shop h&m and pretty little thing. Pretty little thing can be expensive but they run so many sales it’s actually relatively affordable!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I only wear Ermenegildo Zegna, Prada, Versace or Dolce & Gabana, unless I decide to get dressed up, then it's bespoke menswear from Welsh & Jefferies in London.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I only wear Ermenegildo Zegna, Prada, Versace or Dolce & Gabana, unless I decide to get dressed up, then it's bespoke menswear from Welsh & Jefferies in London.

That explains why the checkbook can never be found when it's truly needed.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    My DW and family josh me all the time because I'm usually either wearing shorts or sweats and t shirts or tank tops. Holidays I wear Dockers with a nice shirt, but other than that I don't really care about being fashionable. I used to dress up back in the 80's and 90's but spent so much money on clothing and primping up. Now that I don't worry about trying to impress anyone with clothing, my life feels so much easy going. Don't get me wrong, I do buy clothes and when I do I will get decent quality, but since I've worked at gyms for over 20 years now, my attire is gym attire and I really enjoy sporting it.

I know so many people that dump their paychecks or charge up their cards to have designer clothing, shoes, jackets, etc. Personally I don't really see the point because IMO it's what's under the clothes that counts.

IDEA Fitness member

I appreciate a person who knows how to dress appropriately for the venue. If that means you're in the gym most often, then it follows that most of your attire would be sweat-wicking lol

As someone who dresses neo-classic (aka monochrome basics), I don't have much need for luxe purchases but do have a few acquired pieces for the love of the tailoring craft.

Also, sustainability fans know that higher quality items - especially those made by ethical firms - often tend to last longer so the cost-per-wear makes sense.