JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Good morning! It sure looks like a beautiful day outside with blue sunny skies! It's only going to be around 36 degrees but it's above freezing so I will take it!

Today I plan to get my tasks done for the day so I can spend some time outside walking my sweet little buddy and getting some fresh air. Then I plan to spend some time working on my quilts. I didn't end up finishing the top of the quilt I wanted to get done yesterday, but don't have much left so hopefully today. Thinking of making a table topper for St. Patty's day also, since my husband is a stubborn Irishman. :smile:

Tonight I am going to try not to eat after 7:00 pm. That's my time to graze and I need to get that under control. I'm getting better about it, but slip back into it so easily!

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check back in later!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member

JFT Wednesday

- Work by 8:00 :( 8:45
    - Protein shake or bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - reports & meetings :smiley:
    - Protein bar for lunch because I ran out of time to pack lunch :( Didn't eat lunch
    - another meeting :smiley:
    - Go pick up Sierra's car :smiley:
    - V to swim :smiley:
    - Maybe walk, it's supposed to be nice out :(
    - Gym with V after swim :(
    - Dinner with fam :smiley:
    - bed by 11:30 at the latest :(

Have a fab day y'all!

Yesterday evening got away from me, and there just wasn't time for a walk, and the gym after swim ended up not being an option. Oh well. I did well on intake yesterday.

Today, I'm working from home and taking my mum for her 2nd Covid shot. She and I don't exactly get along in general, but we do well if it's only a couple of hours. She's actually nicer now that she has trouble remembering things. Dementia is a bear, but we are dealing.

I did manage not to pick up fast food for lunch on my way home from the clinic. I'll call that a win as I really wanted Crazy Bread. It's so good, but so not worth it. Especially because I'm eating out for dinner.

Tonight is date night. Not sure what we are doing. I think we are going to a local bar and watching basketball. Nothing big.

JFT Goals
    - Up by 9:00
    - Take mum to get her shot :smiley:
    - Work a bit
    - Eat & drink in moderation.
    - Bed by 11:30 ish
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Good morning! It sure looks like a beautiful day outside with blue sunny skies! It's only going to be around 36 degrees but it's above freezing so I will take it!

Today I plan to get my tasks done for the day so I can spend some time outside walking my sweet little buddy and getting some fresh air. Then I plan to spend some time working on my quilts. I didn't end up finishing the top of the quilt I wanted to get done yesterday, but don't have much left so hopefully today. Thinking of making a table topper for St. Patty's day also, since my husband is a stubborn Irishman. :smile:

Tonight I am going to try not to eat after 7:00 pm. That's my time to graze and I need to get that under control. I'm getting better about it, but slip back into it so easily!

My birthday is St. Paddy's. It was great when I turned 18 because nightclubs always did an event for it haha
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member

!

This is about when my "grazing" time starts... I get so frustrated, because I eat healthy and do great all day .. until after dinner.

Hey.. lets all get online tonite if/when that happens .. we can help each other to make it through a nite with only a planned snack!

You are doing great!! Love how you lists your whys and reasons.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member
    @mytime6630 I've just eaten my evening meal and come on here to log it.
    I wanted bread and butter with it...but I didn't
    I wanted a dessert...but I didn't
    All because I've logged and I can see I'm already over by 37 calories!
    I don't want to let myself down. I have about 4 hours to go until bedtime lol.

You can do it, you're already planning how to manage this evening!
  • tinkamama
    tinkamama Posts: 4 Member
    Hello. Just joined this post. I’m shannon a mom and a full time worker and student. I currently weigh 217 and my goal is to get to 155. I’m currently in a negative headspace. I was doing good and got down to 208 in 3 weeks and then I went right back up. I don’t know how to just do it. So GOAL for today
    Log Log Log food. Drink water and walk on the treadmill
  • mytime6630
    tinkamama wrote: »
    Hello. Just joined this post. I’m shannon a mom and a full time worker and student. I currently weigh 217 and my goal is to get to 155. I’m currently in a negative headspace. I was doing good and got down to 208 in 3 weeks and then I went right back up. I don’t know how to just do it. So GOAL for today

Those are great goals .. and you joined a great group!! We are all rooting for each other! Welcome!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Bex953172 wrote: »

My birthday is St. Paddy's. It was great when I turned 18 because nightclubs always did an event for it haha

Haha! My birthday is the day after St Patty’s! I get what you are saying because I used to go out for St Patty’s green beer and at midnight it I’d do a birthday shot! Haha. Always felt like crap all day for my birthday though, so there’s that.... 😂
  • PackerFanInGB

Welcome! This group is great for taking baby steps that are sustainable by taking it one day at a time!

• PackerFanInGB
    mytime6630 wrote: »

!

This is about when my "grazing" time starts... I get so frustrated, because I eat healthy and do great all day .. until after dinner.

Hey.. lets all get online tonite if/when that happens .. we can help each other to make it through a nite with only a planned snack!

Deal! Lol!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    edited March 2021
    Recap 3/3 W
    1) X-trained before work :mrgreen:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom! 9.3k
    3) Food prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water :/ -223 & 14c :smiley: Realized I've been eating at maintenance for about a week. I want to change that up so I lose the weight I gained during my recent F-it weeks. :p
    4) PA-FA mgmt response & final report = took more time than anticipated / AJNH finish report draft / noon retirement drive-by parade for Ellie / keep up w/ emails / water office plants / pack for work at home = 6/6
    5) Mail bday cards on way home / 7:00 Lent service / register for March JMIO / register for Bellin 10k (virtual) / wash dishes (at least some to clear counter) / declutter 15 min. / meal plan & grocery list & other chores = 6/8
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work) = 3/7

JFT 3/4 R
    1) Walked dog 4.3 mi before work / little ways w/ Kim & Bogie :mrgreen: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work at home: AJNH report draft (only 2 sections remaining) / 2:00 AICPA webinar (pace) / PRO s/s comments / keep up w/ emails
    5) Wash dishes = DONE! :mrgreen: / continue meal plan & grocery list / declutter 15 min. / other chores?
    6) Meditation / UNPLUG 9:00 / wash eyes / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work)

A bit nippy for morning walk with dog, wind chill was 15 at 8 a.m. Wore my winter layers again. Still had to watch for spots of ice where snowmelt froze overnight. But sunny sky. When I was able to be out of the wind, I could feel a tiny bit of warmth from the sun. Felt so nice. And I could hear lots of birds singing, a sure sign of spring approaching.

With today's walk I reached the 3/4 mark of my Northeast Wis. virtual challenge. Only 34.6 miles to complete by March 31, should easily make that. I'm not sure how much walking I'll do next week though. Cataract & refractive surgery Mon. a.m. on right eye & Thurs. for left eye. Not sure how balanced I'll be with one eye corrected and other looking through strong lens. Doctor's office says my brain may be a little scrambled by that.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member

🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

March Daily Goals: Week: 1
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅ 4/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 4/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 4/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 4/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 4/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Thu 4 Mar:
    • Drink water on waking 🐸
    • Weigh ⏬
    • Meditate (20+ mins)🐸
    • Check on boat🐸
    • Outdoor walk 🐸
    • Buy birthday present for DYD
    • Laundry 🐸 Chores 🐸
    • Puzzles: Watch TV: 🐸
    • Internet: Catch up on emails (5 mins)🐸
    • Read Slow trains to Venice 🐸
    • Daily goals update 🐸
    🌷Positive intentions for Fri 5 March :
    • Meditation
    • Weigh/post weight
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away
    • Outdoor walk
    • Work on Declutter of sewing area
    • Write for 30 minutes
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update
    Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:💧💧💧💧

Terri 🦄
  • Bex953172

Discipline over motivation for starters :) although I'll admit it's hard to be disciplined at times lol!
    Loving your goals, keeping it simple is a good way to start too, I have simple goals too!
    So welcome and this is a good group to join, I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!
  • Bex953172
    mytime6630 wrote: »

!

Deal! Lol!

If you two c**k this up tonight, I'mma beat both your @$$€$ up!
    Come on guys, ONE NIGHT.

You can do it, I KNOW you can!
    ❤️❤️
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    JFT - Wed Mar 3
    Scale 198.0
    1.5L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Thurs Mar 4
    Scale 197.6
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food

How the heck did we get 49 new posts since last night. I'm still at work will have to catch up this evening.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    @bex953172 - Every bit of movement counts in my book. I haven't logged any exercise in probably well over a year now.
    The 1 thing I hate about water intake is the trips to the bathroom in the night.
    Love the photos!

@jeschepp - I'm with you, I hate exercise too! I don't mind it as long as I don't sweat. I hate being sweaty and this is causing me an issue now as I keep having hot flashes and night sweats. Getting older sucks!

@PackerFanInGB - I use Map My Walk too when I was actually walking. I loved it. I also liked it because my daughter could find me on it if I ever went missing or got injured and didn't come home. Her and I are friends on there. I would hope that my husband would look for me, but I usually took a different route each day to get my 5K in.

@mytime6630 - Then I think I am "strong" enough to pick up a box of ice cream, and easter peeps. When I am in the grocery store, I feel good. I am proud of myself because I've had 5 really good days. So I think .. I will buy these, and only eat a very small bowl of ice cream; I will only taste the peeps. You are not alone, I am that way with potato chips or pop. I learned the last time I lost the weight that I could only buy a small bag or bottle and I couldn't keep them in the house. I actually, ended up planning for the treat. If they are there I'll just eat them.

Congratulations on the vaccine date! I feel you are in a terrible situation, I understand your husband's anxiety. He is right we have been told that we can still spread it from one resident to another even with both of our vaccine shots. The only thing the vaccine does is hopefully prevent us from getting it and if we do lessening the symptoms. This whole mess is awful for so many.

OK, time to head home. Be back later.

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Solid day.

For Thursday, new day.

-Grateful for the many friends and family in my life. Today it's the relationship my wife and her sister have. They are great anchors for each other. We have not connected in our new town, nice that she has her sister to lean on even if it's long distance.
    -1900 calories: 1919
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen: Chose not to work out but fit in a 60 minute, 2.60 mile treadmill walk.
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Didn't do it.
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Couldn't make it through Amy Porter's 282 on repurposing content. Nothing beneficial to me.
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Came up light but kept up with my stuff
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Nope but big victory of staying almost within my objectives
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done. Cut off keeps me on track

For Friday, new day. Make time to work out.

-Grateful for the many advantages technology has brought into my life. Today it's my phone and access to podcasts in any format Walking, in the car, sitting at my desk... the small phone allows me to have options at my fingertips.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make the time in a busy day:
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties. Grocery store run day:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:

• mytime6630
    OK you nite time snackers!!

MY kitchen is NOW closed ... how are you all doing? @PackerFanInGB -- only your planned snack tonite!

LOL -- We have to show @Bex we can do it !!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Remembered I said I was going to post a photo of yesterday’s sunset! Second is from today’s after work walk.

• mytime6630
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Remembered I said I was going to post a photo of yesterday’s sunset! Second is from today’s after work walk.

How beautiful!!