JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Got a long list of things I want to get done today.
    Mostly house work and taking loads of bags to the recycling centre out of the garden and all the rest of our rubbish that's accumulating!
    Not looking forward to the cold though, I hate being cold.
    I've been up for about an hour and so far I'm still drowsy as anything. Really need to get my butt in gear.
    Think the job I'm least looking forward to doing is cleaning the 1kg of sugar that dropped behind my freezer last night, it's everywherrrrrre.

From experience - a bottle of cooking oil over the kitchen floor is worse than sugar! Good luck with you job list. 😊

Haha oh no! Thinking back, it's not so bad because I remember dropping a tin of paint over carpet 😩
    Although I'm thinking cooking oil still wins haha
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday.
    3. Classes: Enter essays. Grade late work. Answer emails. Grade 50% summaries.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Write postcards. Review video 1 to create transcript. Call dentist to check on meds; call doctor to see if prescription available. Set up appointments. Write Apostrophes script.
    5. Lunch: Sandwich. Write postcards. Look for sneakers.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Groceries. Walk after school. Review WM plans?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Tikka Masala. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Address and stamp postcards.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 191.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Planning day! What time is the meeting? Need to be ready for that. Hope it doesn't last TOO long.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Welcome back to JFT! Glad to see your family doing well. I think it's good you're keeping your JFT goals short and sweet. I remember your long to-do lists in the past.

Recap 2/11 R
    1) Treadmill before work 3.31 mi :smiley:
    2) Move hourly :) 13/14 & 13.2k
    3) Make chicken w/ spinach & mushrooms for supper / net cals zero / 14c water :s Craved chocolate last night & ate chips in cupboard. Net cals -408 & 12c
    4) Work at home: AJNH / clear some email backlog / PRO s/s comments = ok not great
    5) Quick grocery run / wash towels / meditation app forgot / declutter 15 min. / one chore = 3/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:15 alarm (x-train before work) = 2/5

JFT 2/12 F
    1) Shovel snow (about an inch)
    2) X-train
    3) Move hourly
    4) Net cals zero (still trying) / 14c water
    5) Work at home AJNH / Facebook Live at 12:00 / PRO s/s comments / submit PAR & PRO s/s / update Project Status / keep emails current
    6) Declutter 15 min. / meditation app / one other chore
    7) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / no alarm Sat.

Inner rebellion against things I know I should do or not do. Not helped by struggling with my reading vision lately (computer & print). Especially noticing since ophthalmologist told me two weeks ago both cataracts are huge. Why is that? Can't wait for the surgery next month (still nervous though).

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    JFY 2/11/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :) (Again, not within my calorie goal for the day, but better than it would be if I wasn't logging my food, so for now I'll be happy with that step in the right direction.)
    2. Drink more water :) (56 oz)
    3. NO diet coke :)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :| (I ended up having a yogurt after 8pm, but still, not too bad.)

JFT 2/12/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Drink more water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm

I recently started freezing my Yoplait Whips yogurts (suggestion to do so was on the containers)...GREAT snack! When they're not frozen, I can eat one container in a few short seconds (not very satisfying), but frozen it takes awhile to eat and is so good!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Feb 11
    Scale 199.0
    1L of Water - >:)
    Log all Food - >:)

JFT - Thursday Feb 11
    Scale 200.4
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@cschmitz110515 - You're doing well with your challenge.

@packerfaninGB - I am your twin, I have been having the same dialogue in my head and then I go and blow it with my mouth.
    The weather, the Winter, the isolation it's all wreaking havoc on my "get to it" attitude. The pain and restrictions with my back and hip are another excuse.

@TerriRichardson112 - That's how a lot of our staff reacted, just tired and sore arms. Some headaches. I only had it after the second dose. It only lasted a couple of days though.

@mlhc1 - I'm happy to read your marriage made the 10 year mark. I swear marriage is the hardest, most rewarding, and most challenging thing all at once.

@bex953172 - Oh that will be miserable to clean up. @zizzybumble - I have never had cooking oil but I can imagine it.
    When my girls were little I worked a lot of late evenings and my husband drove truck. There were a lot of mornings I just didn't hear the girls and they would get into some messes. One morning, I woke to them laughing and have a grand old time, but they were in the bathroom. I jumped out of bed to see what they were up to and they had taken a full bottle of baby shampoo, dumped it on the floor and made a "skating rink". They were sliding back and forth on their bare feet. What a mess to clean up, I used all of my towels and had to run them with no soap through the washer about 4 times to get all the suds out. Sometimes I miss those days.

@WellingTX - I think my husband and I need to start doing the unplugged thing for a meal once in a while. Probably wouldn't nightly but maybe Friday evenings. Good Idea.

Well our sink drain is still frozen, it's a miserable task trying to get it unthawed. Hubby is working hard to try to get it done, but it's a task when the temperature is still -22 with a feels like of -31. It's insane, and we have some plans for avoiding this next year, but we need to do it in the summer. We have had to order out the last three nights because I have a dishwasher full of dirty dishes and a counter top getting loaded with dirty dishes. If he doesn't get it by the time I'm done work today I'll stop and buy a dishpan so I can at least clean the counters off.
    What a mess. There are professional companies that do this but they cost several hundred dollars and we just don't have that kind of money.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted in a few days, just really feeling out of touch and alone these days. Goals, even small ones, seem out of reach when it comes to my health. The purpose of this thread is that even one day of small changes can give big rewards in the long run. I get that and I agree, I just can't seem to get it together for even a day. It sounds crazy. Like why in the world am I making the choices I'm making?

On an up note, the family is doing well and Tim and I are getting along swimmingly. Had a date night last evening and really enjoyed our time together. We go next Friday to a Scholars luncheon for my oldest at the college she is going to attend and see if she was awarded the full tuition scholarship. Fingers crossed, but even with the step down scholarship she is guaranteed and the rowing scholarship she was awarded it is still a good value and competitive with in-state tuition. My youngest is learning to drive, my word is it hard to be calm and patient with a new driver. I understand why my mom had my stepdad teach me, she and I would not have done well. I try really hard to make the driving thing a positive experience.

So there is the good and the bad that is my life right now. Hope you all have a day where the good outweighs the bad. Take care y'all!

JFT
    - Be kind to myself

I can't wait to teach my kids to drive. A nice 10 years off till that will happen though lol

It made me sad to read you feel lonely sometimes. You know I don't always post goals and stuff and sometimes I just come on here for the chat. When goals seem too much I don't feel like I have to post them just to be part of this group. You're all my friends and its nice to have a bit of support x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch as @Bex953172 says, please don’t feel lonely, please come and check in with us. Your doing a great job with your family and I like hearing about your girls growing up and the supportive relationship you have with Tim. You have been posting positive images in times of doom and gloom. Sending you hugs from Scotland.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    02/11/21
    - fill out paperwork for Matt's apptβœ…
    - clean off kitchen tableβœ…
    - clean off kitchen counters❌
    - fold the laundryβœ…
    - tidy bedroomβœ…
    - dishwasherβœ…
    - allergist appt for Mattβœ…Found out that Matt isn't allergic to penicillin. We thought it might have been a possibility bc his dad is deathly allergic. And that his breathing test and lungs were awesome!
    - make dinner βœ…βŒ Does heating up a frozen pizza count? Lol. I did faithfully log it! And while I ate half of it, it was a smallish one so I didn't feel too bad. It fit into my calorie allotment. Lol
    - bed by 11(I dont have to be into work until 9 tomorrow!)❌ I think it was actually closer to 11:30. But I still got 8 hrs of sleep so it's okay. Lol

Yesterday was a really awesome day. After how absolutely horrendous Wednesday was, yesterday was like a breath of fresh air. I got a lot done around the house and I did it using the tips that Matt gave me during our conversation Wednesday night.

Work today was the complete opposite of Wednesday. Granted I only worked 5.5 hours and didn't have to touch the delivery. Lol. I had a sit down with my manager about Wednesday and how I was feeling and handling things. It was really good. I explained a lot of things, especially about the anger I've been dealing with the last few weeks. It was never really directed at anyone. I was just angry. But she listened and asked questions and got it. She told me flat out that the meeting had nothing to do with my behavior or my work. She'd just heard how bad it was and that one of the other employees I was working with was thinking about quitting bc of it. She wanted to know about my emotions and why Wednesday was so bad for everyone. I feel it's really important for an employee with mental illness to have an open line of communication with their management staff about how their feeling/handling issues and problems they're dealing with. So overall it was really good.

I'm going to start carrying around a little spiral bound notepad that I can keep in my pocket while I'm at work. That way whenever my manager gives me stuff to do randomly throughout the day, I can write them down as a to do list and make sure that I actually get everything done. I do so much better with lists. Lol.

I actually got a lot of today's list done already. It is almost 5 after all. But there are a few more things I want to do before the night is over. And some of them are self care which is really really important right now.

Okay, enough rambling.

02/12/2021
    - up at 7:30βœ… Yes. But I dozed on the couch for a half an hour before I had to hop in the shower. Thank God for phone alarms. Lol
    - breakfast!βœ… Just a banana and a cup of coffee but at least it was something! I had some hunger pangs around 11ish but I think that was more thirst bc they went away eventually. I think after I downed a half a bottle of water. Lol
    work 9-2βœ…
    - drop off cable boxβœ…
    - mail billsβœ…
    - hardboil eggsβœ…
    - dishwasherβœ…
    - clean kitchen counters
    - 2 loads of laundry
    - mini habits
    - salad w/ chix for dinner
    - bath/read
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    Options
    πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’˜β˜―οΈπŸ’˜πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±
    πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’FEBRUARYπŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±
    πŸŒ±πŸŒ·πŸ’πŸ’˜β˜―οΈπŸ’˜πŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒ±

January 2021
    πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 1 Feb: 144.4
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

January Daily Goals: Week 1
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: βœ… 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 5/7

Positive intentions for Fri 12 Feb:
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Daily YogaπŸŽ‰/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away πŸŽ‰
    • Outdoor walk πŸŽ‰
    • Vaccination πŸŽ‰
    • Daily Chores πŸŽ‰
    • Puzzles: πŸŽ‰ Watch TV: πŸŽ‰
    • Chapter 8: A walk in the Hindu Kush πŸŽ‰
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰

Back to fighting fit today.

Terri πŸ¦„
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Options
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Options
    Trying to post goals tonite again. Like some of you ... I can do really good for 4-5 days, only to blow it. Then it takes me so long to get back on track. I do care, but sometimes, I just don't care anymore. Its so much with the pandemic, our daughter, the cold, dreary weather. This past week I can't even get out for a walk because not only is it like 10 degrees for the high, but everything is covered with ice and snow. I did go out one day and walked 1 mile .. had to walk on the street to avoid the ice. But it was SO cold, but at least on that day I could get the sun. I know I have seasonal depression .. this year just worse than others.
    SO tonite my goals will be:

Going to the grocery store to just pick up fruits, milk, etc. DO NOT buy ice cream or junk food

keep busy sewing. I cleaned house all day, so at least I now have a clean house, so tonite I can just sew, watch tv, read.
    Read simple abundance chapter ... I have not been doing this lately. Need to do that tonite.
    sip water all evening to keep from grabbing raisins and nuts

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    So capable yet so capable of going off the tracks...

For Friday, keep up the momentum. Still over 2,000 calories a day for the month.

-I'm grateful for technology. Specifically YouTube. Amazing that there is so much wellness content on demand. Great use of my work out time to listen/watch something new each day.
    -1800 calories: meh, 3591. Snacked for lunch and never stopped
    -Work out for 60 minutes: Didn't plan on working out but set the goal of a 60 minute treadmill session. Stopped short at 33 minutes, 1.50 miles but did make myself get on the treadmill.
    -Eat dinner at the table: Meh, couch snacking
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development: Nope
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: First half of HBR Ideacast #738, Digital Transformation. Never got into it. Need to go back and start again
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Nope but did keep up with my stuff

For Saturday, new day. New opportunity.

-I'm grateful for the self discipline I do have. Was off the rails yesterday but did get on the treadmill and stuck with my 6:00 cut off for eating. I know I can do this, just have to keep choosing to do so.
    -1800 calories:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen:
    -Eat dinner at the table:
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development, pay attention:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 12 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ 😑

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :wink:

Thank you all for the kind words!!

Lol, my to-do list is still pretty crazy but I've learned a more manageable way to accomplish things. I have to make every hour of my 24 hrs work for me and not against me, make every hour count. :blush:

JFT 2/13/21:

Enjoy my coffee time
    Organize and manage Saturday chores
    Finish Chem 3108 reports
    Begin Chem 3201 reports
    Exercise: Yoga and Elliptical
    Enjoy dinner time with my family
    Stay positive

Have a blessed day everyone!! :blush: