JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    I'm starting to realize how much of my mood was based on food. Bad day=have a tasty meal to feel better, great day=have a treat to reward yourself. This may sound weird but it's almost like a loss having to disconnect feeling better from what I eat. Or relying on high calorie foods to feel better. Just my musings today. Got to spend the day with family and had a lazy morning, which I love on the weekends. I'll be shifting from fully working from home to two days in office this week (Tuesday and Wednesday) which I'm a little nervous about, but I'm sure will be fine. I think I will even like parts of it as I never wanted to be someone who worked from home. My other insight for today was to never go grocery shopping when hungry. So many temptations!

JFT Sunday:
    Red Cup Challenge! 80 oz water โœ…
    stay in the green โœ…
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups โœ…
    30 minutes exercise โœ…
    screens off 8:30 โœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT โœ…

JFT Sunday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@beachwalker99 Yay for winging it! Good luck to your mom with her second shot!
    @Bex953172 I am not crafty at all so your mirror project is beyond what I could do. The fading (option1) sounds easier but go with what you want since youโ€™ll be looking at it :)
    @Snowflake1968 Your kitchen looks amazing! I bet you love having a working sink again!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    I'm starting to realize how much of my mood was based on food. Bad day=have a tasty meal to feel better, great day=have a treat to reward yourself. This may sound weird but it's almost like a loss having to disconnect feeling better from what I eat. Or relying on high calorie foods to feel better. Just my musings today.

@jeschepp I completely get what you're saying here, I feel exactly the same. Food should be a pleasure, and it does feel like being denied something nice. I bet a lot of us use food to cheer us up/ celebrate.
    I think it's especially bad this year when we are in lockdown. At home alone...it's like having a treat is one of the few pleasures left!

Sigh...keep telling myself that being slimmer, healthier, losing a clothes size...is a better treat in the long run!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    @Bex953172 - ๐Ÿ˜ the mirror. When I saw it I thought it would look good with gold sponged on it, as it looke quite baroque and ornate. But the colours you suggest could work. Either way, if you don't like it you can always paint over it, and change it.

Hahaha omg. My mum sponged on a peachy kind of colour as a base then sponged gold over it (you can't really tell with the light in the pic) I agree it did look good but it's been that way for over 10 years.
    Haha ill probably end up painting that much it will just layer up into a flat frame ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: MHM. Set up schedules.
    3. Classes: NRI 4. Writing: Desperation. Chapter 2.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE RESEARCH ESSAYS. Publish blog post.
    5. Lunch: Saag. Read 20 pages Invisible Women.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run after school?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. LIVESTREAM 6 PM.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Gonna pack for an after-school run. Overslept - yikes!
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    edited March 2021
    Mixed day, mixed week and mixed month. Gained .2# for the week, down 2.2# for the month

For Sunday. new day. End of the week and end of the month. It's an opportunity to improve not a reason to start tomorrow.

-Grateful for many influences. I've spend hours with Tony Robbins while working out. I've been struggling executing on this one but "do what you're supposed to do" is simple but foundational.
    -1900 calories. Don't give in to a lost week: 2662 for the day, 2793 for the week, 2364 for the month. Those three to four hundred calories a day make a big difference.
    -Work out for 90 minutes. Get active:65 minutes for the day including a shortened 26 minute 1.21 mile walk.
    For the week I worked out for 6 hours 23 minutes including 4080#, 540 crunches, 108 push ups, 216 lunges and 7.14 miles in exercise walks. For the month I worked out for 34 hours 37 minutes, including 15,840#, 2100 crunches, 420 push ups, 1840 lunges and 51.53 miles in exercise walks

-Invest 15 minutes on personal development: @Bex953172 prompted me to revisit one of my favorite Tony Robbins videos. New Years Resolution - Tony Robbins Motivation. X Lone Wolf X. Great stuff on standards, rituals and New Years Resolutions. I'm a big believer that there is no single way, no one speaker, no one phrase that works for everyone. If there was, that would be all that was needed but Tony Robbins always educates or reminds me of what's important
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Walked with the bride, didn't listen to my podcast
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Done and done
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Nope and nope. Quit using this as an excuse.
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done

For Monday it's a new day, a new week and a new month

-Grateful for my health, that I'm able to do the things I can and that I've made the progress I'm making. Have yet to make a fundamental shift but I restarted MFP on 01.01.2020 and I've been diligent in accurately logging my food ever since. 425 day streak. Long way to go but the improvements to my wellness continue to allow me to do more and more.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes:
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:

[/quote]

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 28 February

Log ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    Stay in the green ๐Ÿ˜ก I didnโ€™t log properly so I donโ€™t know but I suspect not
    5 fruit and veg ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    Water ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    Fitbit exercise ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โ†”๏ธ

Iโ€™m struggling to believe that we are at the end of February already. Itโ€™s nice to have more daylight and to see the beginnings of spring with catkins and snowdrops coming out.

Not a good day on the lifestyle goals!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 1 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โฌ†๏ธ Yesterdayโ€™s choices are showing! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Iโ€™m late posting and am off to a sticky start with grilled cheese and ham on toast. This evenings meal will need carefully planning!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 2/28 Sun.
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Walk dog 3.7 mi in dreary misty weather but not icy! :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    3) Track Steve in Birkie :smiley: ski 43K classic style in only 6 hours & 6 min. LOL
    4) Move hourly :smiley: 12/14 & 14.9k
    5) Net cals zero / 14c water :neutral: -89 & 12c
    6) Laundry incl. bedding / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / water herbs forgot / other chore? declutter = 3/4
    7) Meditation app forgot / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (x-train before work) = 4/6

JFT 3/1 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Bundle up (temps took a dive) & walk dog after work
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) AJNH draft report / keep up w/ emails / draft out of office message
    5) Water herbs (happy they made it this far this winter) / prep lunch, snacks & water bottle / register for virtual Bellin 10K / declutter 15 min. / March perpetual calendar / at least one chore
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm

I have registered for a 30/45 challenge, as part of my virtual 10K this year. The Bellin Run is celebrating it's 45th anniversary. For 45 days (March 1 - April 15), the goal is to average 30 minutes of activity per day and everything counts, including meditation/yoga. I must log at least 1,350 minutes overall, and for at least 30 of the 45 days. I thought this would help keep me challenged without in-person races.

For my Jan. 1 - March 31 virtual Northeast Wis. challenge (walk or run the distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock = 139 miles), I have completed 97 miles so far using MapMyWalk app. Only 42 miles left to complete. I am pleased b/c Jan. & Feb. were mostly on treadmill, not my fav.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: ยป

JFT Monday 03/01/2021

โœ…Enjoy coffee-time
    โœ…Self-care
    โœ…Small pre-exam review
    โœ…Attend Chem 4314 Exam in-person
    โœ…Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    โœ…Chem 3108 ST Prelab Prep
    โœ…CECO Errands
    โœ…Elliptical 30 min session
    โœ…Yoga 45 min session
    โœ…BBL DVD 20 min session
    โœ…Enjoy my children's personalities
    โœ…Be kind and patient
    โœ…Make Parmesan Chicken ๐Ÿค—
    โœ…Maintain reasonable calories
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

JFT Tuesday 03/02/2021

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    Attend Chem 3108 ST Lab in-person
    CECO Errands, Day 2
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Make Breakfast for Dinner ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Maintain reasonable calories
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

Let's Rock this week!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited March 2021
    ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค๐Ÿธ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฆ†๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ€
    ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค MARCH ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฆ†๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ›
    ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฆ†๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ€

๐Ÿ”นWord - Balance
    ๐Ÿ”นI am in tune with my dreams
    ๐Ÿ”นI know what is right for me
    ๐Ÿ”นI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

๐Ÿ”นI live in congruence with my authentic self
    ๐Ÿ”นI am mindful
    ๐Ÿ”นI am creative every day
    ๐Ÿ”นI foster positivity
    ๐Ÿ”นI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 โฌ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9โฌ
    • 25 Jan: 143.8โฌ My lowest weight in over 40 years. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 โซ

March Daily Goals: Week: 1
    Mon: โœ… Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: โœ… 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 โฌ
    3. Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 โซ
    4. Calories in the green โœ… 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 โœ… 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyโœ… 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily โœ… 1/7
    ๐ŸŒทPositive intentions for Mon 1 Mar:
    • Drink water on waking ๐Ÿธ
    • Weigh โชโฉ
    • Meditate (20+ mins)๐Ÿธ
    • Outdoor walk ๐Ÿธ
    • Laundry ๐Ÿธ Chores ๐Ÿธ
    • Puzzles: Watch TV: ๐Ÿธ
    • Internet: Catch up on emails (5 mins)๐Ÿธ
    • Read Ch 5: Slow trains to Venice ๐Ÿธ
    • Daily goals update ๐Ÿธ
    Positive intentions for Tue 2 March :
    • Meditation ๐Ÿธ
    • Weigh โฌ
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry - put away ๐Ÿธ
    • Outdoor walk
    • Work on Declutter of sewing area
    • Write for 30 minutes
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Reading: Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update
    Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง
    March:๐Ÿ’ง

Terri ๐Ÿฆ„

• ZizzyBumble
    Tuesday 2 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โฌ†๏ธ 2 days of not meeting JFT goals are showing! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Itโ€™s another beautiful day and I need to figure out how to enjoy it whilst meeting my goals! I guess I need a longer walk rather than an amble!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

@jeschepp I hope your grandfather is okay, he did well to not break any bones. I could have written your sentence about the rug issue and stubborn parents, there is still one rug we don't agree on.

@ZizzyBumble that sounds like a perfect day.

JFT Monday 1st March

Remember the jeans, make them fit! yes, I may become obsessed lol
    Walk 46 minutes, every step still painful
    Back exercises yes!
    Wash the car, dislike doing this, it hurts my backran out of time, will do it today
    Admin. Have a lot to do as executor this week, but the sun is shining, I want to be outside! I did an hour, mostly taken up with reading about tax, so still a lot to do
    Plant some seeds just one packet
    Gratitude I'm grateful for the lovely sunny day yesterday, and no wind which was great. The birds were singing and it lifts the spirits

JFT Tuesday 2nd March

Start logging again, you know it works
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Wash the car
    Clean out bird feeders
    Remember the jeans!
    Gratitude

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

March challenge - Daily back exercises
    1/1

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Man Iโ€™m really floundering... Iโ€™ve been good (for the most part) with exercise, Iโ€™d give my self a C- since January as far as eating/nutritional goals, maybe trending just above that but not good enough for a C in the last two weeks.
    Oh well just laying that out there.

Tuesday goals
    Stay Under caloric goals
    Zwift ride tonight
    Pull ups & resistance circuit
    No booze or beer