JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Thursday
    - Log all food ✔️❌I did but didn't log bedtime snacks, so for the most part I did
    - 8 waters❌I couldn't do it yesterday, I went to the toilet so much I actually started to get annoyed 😂
    - exercise✔️ just lots of walking again, nothing like no petrol money to get you on your feet lmao
    - Tidy the house! ✔️

>>March Water Challenge<<

❌❌💧❌

Friday

- Log everything (even bedtime snacks)
    - Water Challenge
    - Exercise

I saw a deceased cat that had been hit by a car this morning, my first reaction was to stop immediately and get it out the road and contact the owner. But the road is a no stopping area and although I'm not bothered by that it wasn't safe to me to stop especially with Casey in the car. So after dropping her at nursery I raced back and someone had already moved it. Feel sorry for the owners. I can't believe whoever hit it in the first place didn't stop :(
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 4 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 5 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options

Littleblackskirt- what is wrong with your back? Is it not something than can be fixed? I’m glad you are close to done. I have never been in that situation but know it’s a huge task.

I had a good physio appointment yesterday, she told me she will probably discharge me on Saturday. I am not 100% pain free, but she feels that she has taught me everything I need to continue on my own without wasting my benefit allowance in case I need it later. She told me that it is going to take me months to get everything including my strength back. She agreed that walking will be great when the ice is gone. The number 1 tip she gave me that has made such a difference is, “suck it in”, by sucking in our bellies our posture automatically corrects itself. She told me to do it all the time when I walk and when I’m sitting. It builds core strength too, which I need to heal. As I was leaving she said, “remember, walk like miss universe”. 👑

I'm glad your physio thinks you're on the mend. I do the "suck it in" a lot too, when walking or sitting.
    My back issues are a mix of wear and tear, sciatica and not realising for years that one leg is longer than the other. It puts pressure on parts of my spine.

The pain this week is different, it's from my neck and radiates down my shoulder and into my head. I had it xrayed a few years ago and again was told wear and tear, nothing can be done. When it gets bad I do neck exercises and it does usually go away after a while.
    I don't expect to be fully fixed, but am going to an osteopath who says she is hopeful that she can build up my back strength enough to manage a full season of cleaning my holiday let without having a bad episode. Remains to be seen if she is right, I can only get this kind of treatment privately here, so only go when I need to as it's expensive. It will be worth every penny if it works.
  • Bex953172
    Options

JFT Thursday 4th March

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, 47 over
    Back exercises made myself do some
    Walk yes, about 40 minutes
    Bank yes, another 40 minutes standing
    Mum's shopping yes
    Gratitude I'm grateful for everyone who has continued to work throughout the pandemic. Especially the lady in the bank who spent all that time with me yesterday.

I'm glad I finished the estate stuff yesterday, now I can file the papers away and forget about it. Part of me feels like I should have a little celebration for all that work done, but I don't feel like it, it would just be a reminder of why I was doing it, that Dad is not here any more.

I realise with the time difference that I'd be no help here encouraging you all not to snack in the evening, by your evening I'm long in bed! Last night I tried to keep busy but kept thinking about crisps. By bedtime I couldn't stop thinking about them lol. So I ate ONE crisp to keep me happy and went to bed. How's that for willpower lol.

JFT Friday 5th March

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Gratitude

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

March challenge - Daily back exercises
    3/4

That's some crazy amount of willpower! One lmao (was it a big one? haha) when me and Ash get a share bag he always complains that I eat all the big ones haha

I'd agree it's not something to really "celebrate" but it's still a big task you've got out the way, sounds like you had a lot on your plate sorting it and you must feel glad it's all finished now
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    Stay Under caloric goals✅
    Zwift ride tonight✅
    No booze or beer✅
    Stop at store after doctors appointment✅

Friday
    Easy trainer ride
    Resistance circuit
    Log calories
    No beer
    Ok to be over calories but only w good food

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    That's some crazy amount of willpower! One lmao (was it a big one? haha) when me and Ash get a share bag he always complains that I eat all the big ones haha

Ha ha it was one of the ones in a cardboard tube, all the same size. The cheap version, I like those better!
    I suppose real willpower would have been to have none, but I was happy to have one :)

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    JFT Goals
    - Up by 9:00 :smiley:
    - Take mum to get her shot :smiley:
    - Work a bit :smiley:
    - Eat & drink in moderation. :neutral:
    - Bed by 11:30 ish :smiley:

Yesterday was good for my soul, but less than stellar for my waistline. Went out to the bar for dinner, ate okay, but drank more than I should have over the evening. Still had a great time with the hubs. After 25 years together (married 23) I still enjoy out date nights. Starting in January, we've started going out once a week. It's been really good for us.

Took mom for her 2nd vaccination yesterday. I must say, they have a very efficient process. She was even pleasant to be around yesterday. Of course, when I'm doing things for her, that is usually the case.

Today is V's first swim meet and I've volunteered to be a timer for the event. I used to do this when she was younger. It made the event go much faster. Now that she is in high school, the meets are actually shorter than when she did club swim. Also, the only people who get to watch are those who volunteer. Win-win for me.

Down 2 cars today, mine is getting an alignment and Tim's is still in the shop. They should both be done today.
    Luckily Tim and I can carpool to work and we'll leave for lunch to pick up my car and then get his after work, but before V's swim meet. This of course is in a perfect world where nothing gets added to the schedule.

JFT Friday

- Work by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - Pick up car at lunch
    - Maybe take a half day
    - Swim meet at 5:30.
    - Take V to grocery for supplies after meet
    - Drop V at friend's house. She is house sitting this weekend.
    - Dinner will likely be take out
    - Bed by 11:30

Welcome @tinkamama ! Hope you find this group helpful.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT - Thurs Mar 4
    Scale 197.6
    1.5L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Thurs Mar 8
    Scale 197.8
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food

@bex953172 - I would have had trouble even driving past the cat, I never could have stopped. I close my eyes when I see something like that.

Yeah it wasn't nice, but I just thought thats someone's pet :( and I'd hate it if someone just drove past if it was mine
    I don't even like cats but poor thing and poor owner.
    I don't really mind dead animals, tend to see a lot hit by cars, mostly pheasants on the country lanes, the odd fox and when I was 14 a badger! A flipping badger!
    My friend told me about it on the way to school, I went to go see it because I've never seen a badger before, it was sad though.
    The teacher didn't believe me when she asked why I was late lmao.

However that's nothing in comparison to some places, I've seen videos where people get like moose and deer running in front of cars! (am I right in thinking areas in the US?) That would worry me because that could potentially cause harm to me too!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bagged the chores yesterday in favor of a long walk in the park with my daughter. Detouring around a muddy stretch of trail, we came across a geocache hidden in a hollow log. She added her name to the log, lamenting the fact that neither of us had anything in our pockets to contribute to the cache. Then further down the trail, we came across a scattering of bright blue feathers caught in the leaves at the edge of the path. After speculating on the fate of the jay – hope he got away! – we retraced our steps to deposit one of these tiny treasures in the box.

It’s moments like these that have kept us going through this long pandemic slog.

Happy Friday! Wishing you all peace and sparkling moments of joy!

Daily goals March 1-7:
    • Log: 3/1 √, 3/2 √, 3/3 √, 3/4 √
    • Bike or walk: 3/1 W50, 3/2 B30, 3/3 W45, 3/4 W67
    • Reflect and post: 3/1 √, 3/2 √, 3/3 X, 3/4 √

Thursday, 3/4
    • Finish fridge – X
    • Work on pantry reorganization – X
    • Make lasagna - √
    • Start on next batch of essays – X

Friday, 3/5
    • Finish fridge!
    • Take car through inspection
    • Decompress

That sounds cool that you found a geocache, was there many others that had found it, what sort of things did they put in?
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

JFT Thursday 03/04/2021

✅Enjoy coffee-time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Start Chem 3308 Exam Note Cards!!!!⭐
    ✅Attend Chem 3308 virtually
    ✅FHS Meeting
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅BBL DVD 20 min session
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ❌Leftovers for dinner ➡️ Pizza Hut 😬
    ❌Maintain reasonable calories➡️ Emotionally ate, Pizza and merlot; missing my hubby weighed me down emotionally. His been out of town since Feb. 3; luckily we decided last night that he would fly home for the weekend today 😍 I'm super exicted!!
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

JFT Friday 03/05/2021

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Continue Chem 3308 Exam Note Cards!!!!⭐
    Attend Chem 4314 in-person
    Chem 4314 Professor Meeting virtual
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    ZC Tennis Lesson
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Leftovers for dinner
    Maintain reasonable calories
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

⭐ 💗Meet hubby at the airport 💗 ⭐

I'll be fueled today by the excitement of seeing my hubby tonight!!

You guys & ladies have a fantastical day!! 🤠👍
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Set up schedules.
    3. Classes: NRI. NOTES - Plural and possessive Wes. Writing. Chapter 3.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK. Publish blog post.
    5. Lunch: Salad. Read 20 pages Invisible Women.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Livestream.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Fish. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January:
    End of February:
    Today: 191.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I am tired of being tired. And I am SO tired.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Recap 3/4 R
    1) Walked dog 4.3 mi before work / little ways w/ Kim & Bogie :mrgreen: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly :smiley: 13/14 & 14.7k
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :mrgreen: YAY green 25 & 12c
    4) Work at home: AJNH report draft (only 2 sections remaining) :mrgreen: DONE! / 2:00 AICPA webinar (pace) / PRO s/s comments / keep up w/ emails = 3/4
    5) Wash dishes = DONE! :mrgreen: / continue meal plan & grocery list / declutter 15 min. / other chores? = 3/4
    6) Meditation / UNPLUG 9:00 / wash eyes / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work) = 6/7

JFT 3/5 F
    1) Walked dog 3.65 mi B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work at home: organize papers / 12:00 Facebook Live / submit PRO & PAR s/s / update Project Status s/s / clear emails as much as time for / Out of Office message ON
    5) Leave 2:15 for tax prep meeting 3:00 ~ will be good to see & catch up w/ former co-worker, even w/ masks
    6) Chores? It's Friday after all. Maybe declutter 15 min.
    7) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / wash eyes / floss / retainers / Voltaren / NO alarm Sat.

@Bex953172 In northeast Wisconsin where I live, there's always the danger of deer crossing highways. Many car/deer accidents in my area, especially at dusk and in rutting season. I know plenty of people who have hit deer. None for me, thank God. Can cause great damage to vehicles, and sometimes deadly for the driver.

Walk with dog this morning not as cold, temp just above freezing when we got home. Happy to hear an owl amongst all the bird sounds today. Not happy to climb an icy snowbank on someone's front lawn to retrieve a dog pile. We met two ladies walking and, after exchanging greetings, one lady actually said, "Good morning, happy dog!" I'm not kidding, when we're out walking, Cayenne always wears her big, goofy dog-smile!

Just have to share photo of tired doggo last night:
    6r8nd89me8f3.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.

Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
  • mytime6630
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, Thursday March 4

1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH :)
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating :)
    5 fruits and veggies :)
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothe, to have more energy, to not dread going someplace because of having nothing nice to wear that I feel good in. :)
    7. go for a walk :)
    8. Plan the entire days food in the morning -- stick to it! :)
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything. :) -- kept busy, had a apple in the evening. Did have a unplanned glass of wine, but I am OK with that.

JFT, Friday March 4

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5 fruits and veggies
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothe, to have more energy, to not dread going someplace because of having nothing nice to wear that I feel good in.
    7. go for a walk
    8. Plan the entire days food in the morning -- stick to it!
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything.

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:💧💧💧💧[/quote]

• mytime6630
    edited March 2021
    Options

@Bex - Sad to see something like that, but you were smart not to stop, especially with little Casey in the car.
    @cschmitz110515 -- doggie looks so tired and happy! What a beautiful dog! Like you, we have So many deer. When I walk I try to walk across the street, especially if I see the bucks.