Bike seat recommendations? Hurts đŸ˜„

Options
2»

Replies

• jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was looking at new seats a few years ago, hoping to eventually get back to stationary riding after fully recovered from a pelvic nerve injury. At the time I couldn’t really sit (or even lie down at one point) without pain. I still stand most of the time, maybe mostly from habit.

The most interesting one I saw was called noseless (no nose in the middle) and had two independent little seats that could be adjusted by angle and separation of the two parts to fit your anatomy. Can’t find it at the moment, but looking for pelvic nerve injury and noseless and relevant other keywords might turn up something. People with pelvic nerve issues will be a better source of info on how to avoid pain and further injury than people without such problems.

Manufacturers of such devices are likely to have detailed info on why it hurts and how to avoid that or pointers to such info as well. You definitely don’t want to just “tough it out”. That is likely to cause further damage.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The seat I was looking at a few years ago is a Hobson Easyseat. It also has a gel cover available. There are quite a few detailed reviews on Amazon that also might point to other options. Now there are YouTube videos illustrating and reviewing it.