Help! I don't understand one diet thing.

Options
Hello. My goal in order to lose 0.5 kg/week is to reach 1970 kcal.
If I eat pizza everyday (just an example) and Im within my kcal goal, is that okay?

I mean If I eat badly and remain in the 1970 kcal, do I always reach my goal? Thank you.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yup if youre within your calories, all is well weight wise. Aside from possible water weight issues that can take awhile to go away (for me its usually 3-4 days, for others, longer, everyone is a bit different)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Yes you are correct.

In fact someone to prove the point ate only a big mac every day for a full month and lost 7 pounds. Is it healthy, probably not so much. But as they say CICO (calories in Calories out).
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a well balanced food, as everyone above has said.

But, pizza, being a multi-ingredient calorie-dense food, is particularly difficult to log accurately , so there'd be that issue. If you made it yourself, you could nail down the calories, but when you get it from a restaurant, who the f knows exactly how many calories it has?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Pizza still has nutrients of course and you could make a case for it being a "superfood" if it wasn't so hard to moderate! :smiley:

I buy my favorite frozen pizza and cut it up as soon as I get home. Then, when I am ready for pizza, I can prepare one slice at a time.

That's ****ing smart. How do you cut it, does a roller work or do you have one of those big rocking cutters?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Pizza still has nutrients of course and you could make a case for it being a "superfood" if it wasn't so hard to moderate! :smiley:

I buy my favorite frozen pizza and cut it up as soon as I get home. Then, when I am ready for pizza, I can prepare one slice at a time.

Genius idea. Really.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Yes you are correct.

In fact someone to prove the point ate only a big mac every day for a full month and lost 7 pounds. Is it healthy, probably not so much. But as they say CICO (calories in Calories out).

Was that Jordan Syatt?
  • ceruleanCrush
    ceruleanCrush Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Yes you are correct.

Was that Jordan Syatt?

I should probably add, he also ate a big salad every day and other quality foods brining his daily calorie count up to about 1500 per day. It just wasn't 1 big mag at ~550 calories a day. But the point was you can eat basically anything you want to, as long as you are eating under maintenance.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options

I buy a large cheese pizza from my local shop, eat 1-2 slices, then individually wrap the extra slices and put them in the freezer (the rest of the family is gluten and/or dairy free). If you re-heat in the oven, you can add toppings and it tastes really good!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

That's ****ing smart. How do you cut it, does a roller work or do you have one of those big rocking cutters?

I just use our largest kitchen knife, which cuts about one radius at a time. It isn't usually particularly solid by the time I have gotten it home and gotten everything else out away.

I do the same thing with my husband's dairy free cheese cake, but that tends to be a bit more solid.