Food Quirks?

Options
2»

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    My coffee is drunk out of my keep cup (one of my three keep cups, that is) even when I am home and sitting down. This was originally due to my cat jumping me once while I was sitting down drinking a hot drink, and me spilling said drink causing some small, not major, but still hurtful burns on my thighs. For some weird reason I now drink tea and hot chocolate from normal cups again, but coffee still out of the keep cups. - Oh, hot chocolate goes in one of two specific, larger, cups. Tea can be in any normal sized cups, but not the large cups I use for hot chocolate.

I love the outer crust of pizza and save it for last. Will eat the rest of the pizza first and then at the end the outer crust pieces.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    So here are more....
    I did NOT eat fast food. I don't enjoy food initially does not have some health related quality or ingredients. For example; tofu cheesecake, coconut or nut based cheesecake, raw food cheesecake or a no sugar added vegan cheesecake would be a birthday treat and I have to know calorie count. A regular cheesecake is NOT worth it to me.

I eat food according to how it makes me feel. If it does not make me feel happy or "on track" I don't want it.

I am specific about what I buy. I go to several stores for each ingredient and food.

I eat sitting as much as possible. I like to enjoy my food. I eat something at night, in front of my computer. I love grocery shopping when I am hungry. "I would rather "window shop and imagine" then actually eat things that do not make me happy, and usually come up with an alternative, modification or substitute.

If I eat bananas or sweet potato, it has to be organic. I really think they taste better.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I have OCD so theres a bunch. some i realize, some i dont.

i rearrange my food on my plate in restaurants so its in the 'right' order. whatever that may be. i never even realized i did that until my husband pointed it out when we were dating. food touching doesn't bother me. it just has to be in the 'right' order.

If i can not identify what 'animal' I'm eating, I wont eat it.

With VERY few exceptions, I do not eat food other people (restaurants aside) prepared.

If the dining area of a restaurant is not clean enough, I won't eat there.

I refuse to eat at buffets or cafeterias. (I might be the only person who doesn't gain weight when going on a cruise LOL)

I refuse to eat food from any gas station 'restaurant (even sheetz and wawa)

There's probably more but those are the MOST important 'food rules' I have LOL Ironically, ALL of them were in place LONG before ever losing weight/calorie counting.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    OliveSalt wrote: »
    I am terrified of eating while driving. I had a friend start choking at the wheel once while I was a passenger and we almost died. Luckily I was there to help calm her and remind her to pull over and stop the car and then I heimliched the *kitten* out of her. Had she been alone she might not be alive.

My father had that too. He chocked in a chocolate mint whilst driving and "luckily" his car hit some roadside stones after he passed out, the car rolled over and that caused to dislodge the chocolate from his esophagus. The car was total loss, but my parents survived without a scratch. Never drive and eat !
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Some of many:

* when eating peanuts, I first eat the halves without the shoot attached, then the halves with the shoots, then the whole nuts
    * I will never eat the white of oranges and I will peel the skin of the segments
    * only mandarines with thin skin that taste more sour than sweet - mostly only available at the start of the season
    * a piece of chocolate must be broken into 12 parts (4 x 3)
    * an apple must be cut in 8 but never peeled
    * a yogurt must be shared with my cat (more his quirk than mine). The yogurt on the lid is for him, what's in the pot is for me
    * I rarely eat meat and certainly not processed, but when I eat steak, it must be really rare; just a nice sear on the outside and lukewarm but still raw in the center, served with grated horseradish thank you very much

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    My coffee is drunk out of my keep cup (one of my three keep cups, that is) even when I am home and sitting down.

I love the outer crust of pizza and save it for last. Will eat the rest of the pizza first and then at the end the outer crust pieces.

I use a huge (bit lidless) keep cup for my evening tea since I sip it slowly in front of the computer or TV. Haven't had pizza for a while now, but when I did, I'd tightly wrap the crusts and nuke them the next day as a side dish - dipping them in garlic butter.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,481 Member
    Options
    Food cannot touch on plate. Sauces and juices are not allowed to run.

Bread that’s gotten wet has to be pinched off and thrown out. If all the bread is wet, we have a grumpiness issue because I’m gonna pitch a fit.

Salads should be eaten last. They are a cold dish. That’s the only sensible, reasonable, moral course of action. It’s taken years of practice not to whimper (snarl) at my husband “eat the hot dishes first!”

Have to use a knife to eat an apple.

Oranges must be cut in eight pieces.

Foods with a crispy shell (M&Ms), coating (peanut butter cups, Nugo bars) or filling (donuts, cupcakes) should be carefully de-nuded before eating the centers. Cadbury Crispy eggs were a joy for this reason alone. They have the loveliest texture.