Saxenda does not work

12346»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    resurecting threads is one thing, I suppose - but answering to OP's or previous posters who are long gone is rather pointless

Since the thread has been resurected - I work in a medical centre, Reps give free samples of Saxenda and some people try it.

My observation - most people do not continue with it.

Most likely reasons - it is too expensive,they get side effects like nausea (I jokingly say if it works it is because you feel too sick to eat and you cant afford food anyway ;) ) they dont like injecting themselves, they notice no or little difference in weight results.
  • katierthanmost
    katierthanmost Posts: 25 Member
    rschlief wrote: »
    Can’t believe some of the condescending comments towards Manchester4. I have also been on Saxenda for 6 months with little weight loss. No you are not alone. The medication which advertises great help for losing weight obviously does not work for everyone. I hope you have success with your efforts. I would take my question to the Saxenda message boards. People are understanding and they will stick to their Saxenda experience rather than belittle you for bringing up a very legitimate question.

I kinda hope you might be alone in terms of this thread and OP isn't still taking Saxenda four years later. 😬😂😁
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    rschlief wrote: »
    Can’t believe some of the condescending comments towards Manchester4. I have also been on Saxenda for 6 months with little weight loss. No you are not alone. The medication which advertises great help for losing weight obviously does not work for everyone. I hope you have success with your efforts. I would take my question to the Saxenda message boards. People are understanding and they will stick to their Saxenda experience rather than belittle you for bringing up a very legitimate question.

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • jules28b
    jules28b Posts: 1 Member
    What does it matter if the thread is 4 years old!! I for one have found the thread quite relevant.
    Honestly, some people need to learn to live and let live
  • msjess12
    msjess12 Posts: 1 Member
    I don't see the problem, meds are not going to magically work. I have gone from 400 lbs to 154 lbs. Then I got pregnant with my daughter and gained a lot of weight back. Now that I am 44 years old, I realized that 20 years of not eating breakfast or lunch has literally turned of my metabolism. I asked the doctor for speed, but he gave me Saxenda last November and I have gone from 265 lbs to 215 lbs. Not quite as much as I would have liked, but it is still a deficit of weight. I am using Saxenda, eating heathy when I do eat, and trying to stay as active as possible. You can not just jam yourself with an injection and expect that to be the all magical cure, it does take some work on our parts. Hey guys, we are "all in this together" right. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    msjess12 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem, meds are not going to magically work. I have gone from 400 lbs to 154 lbs. Then I got pregnant with my daughter and gained a lot of weight back. Now that I am 44 years old, I realized that 20 years of not eating breakfast or lunch has literally turned of my metabolism. I asked the doctor for speed, but he gave me Saxenda last November and I have gone from 265 lbs to 215 lbs. Not quite as much as I would have liked, but it is still a deficit of weight. I am using Saxenda, eating heathy when I do eat, and trying to stay as active as possible. You can not just jam yourself with an injection and expect that to be the all magical cure, it does take some work on our parts. Hey guys, we are "all in this together" right. :)

If your metabolism "literally turned off", you'd be dead. Down-regulated? Maybe. For most people, any such effect is minor, as a percentage of total calorie requirements.

Congratulations on your weight loss, regardless: Whatever works, works. Good show! I'm glad Saxenda helped you, sincerely: There are many paths, and finding the right one for ourselves is a wonderful thing.
  • cmcnaughton56
    cmcnaughton56 Posts: 1 Member
    Like manchester4, Saxenda has had zero effect. I'm now into my 6th week and still exactly the same weight as when I started; my appetite is exactly the same. All I have to show for this medication is $774 less in my bank account and lots of bruises. I won't be starting the 3rd month course. This was not a sample from my doctor; it was brand new from the pharmacy.
  • lmd723
    lmd723 Posts: 1 Member
    This crap doesn't work. Two weeks now I've had zero side effects zero weight loss zero appetite change. Might as well be water. Wegovy is the way to go
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Participants in a study had Wegovy injections for 68 weeks and lost an average of 15% to 18% of their body weight. The average for weight loss drugs already on the market is 7% to 9%.

Of course Mr. Google doesn’t know everything, but I’d like to lose more than 15% of my body weight in WAY LESS than 1 year and 4 months.