WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    HeatherUK Great pictures!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Heather, you and your family are beautiful. as usual. I'm so glad your beach celebration went well.

:) I did it. Going to bed on DST was a perfect plan. I slept well and woke to my alarm that I'd set to a favorite song. The dogs have been out to do business, we had our breakfast, and my friend will be here soon for our longer dog walk.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Lisa - I'm so happy for you to have the family visiting. Yes, it will be chaos! :p

Came back and did my extra 500 on the machines. Just about to start another set. Tonight's pizza is not slimming - but my Salsiccia e Fiorielli one is worth every mouthful. <3 The family is having Fatto delivery for lunch. :laugh: My son has made a big chocolate cake. With Oreos on top. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies
    Well another weird night especially with the time change , I slept for a little bit then was awake until 2 am ,woke up at 6.. maybe thats the way my body clock is working.. but know I will need a little snooze later ,or not ,have laundry going and did my walk,will take the laundry when done down to the dryer and come back and do dishes...then i will feel like i accomplished something... enjoying watching the birds coming for the meal worms
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌨️🖐️🙂
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Hi Gals,

Heather/Barbie – I also listened to the Savor pod cast on Haggis thought of Heather!

How many pillows do you sleep with? 1 very flat one – I sleep on my tummy and just want to keep my mouth and nose away from the sheet without arching my head much

Do you have any recurring dreams? no

What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)? When I was much much younger I had a friend in a Rock Band and Friday I would work all day then go help set up the gigs, enjoy the show, break everything down, go out to breakfast then home… so usually Friday 6am up until 7am on Saturday every weekend.

What’s The Funniest/Oddest/Most Unusual Place You’ve Ever Fallen Asleep? I can’t think of one.

Viv – what is the wendy house?
    Tracey – I was surprised to read you could not make dinner for under $5, is that total or per serving? I mostly make dinners that are less than $5 per serving. (not including any alcohol)
    It’s cool and damp here today, I am hoping to find a window to get out in the yard, I was given a couple of buckets of onion and leek plants yesterday and hope to plant them today, they’ll be fine to live in the bucket for a couple of days, but this week is very busy so I am eager to get them in and not have that on my to do list.
    Smiles, Kim in Northern California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    The clocks are now set to daylight time!!! YAY! I love to spring ahead to daylight time and would be happy if it was year around. My computer was smart enough to set itself. I have been told by members of my family that people who are born in long days of summer crave sunlight. It is true for me. :bigsmile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Kim - that’s total, by the time I bought the ingredients for what we had I would have spent close to $30 if I even knew how to make ginger beef and egg rolls.

I am not a cook, I can keep us from starving and I haven’t killed anyone yet. That’s about the sum of my cooking skills. I absolutely hate having to figure out supper and meals each day and don’t find it pleasant in any way. I do however, like and enjoy making a big meal for all of my family, like lasagna, turkey dinner, roast beef dinner and the like.
    It’s the day to day I dislike.

Tracey
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    I used to be the queen of making a meal from leftovers, but my ex said I was a bad cook because my attention span is wrong for fish. He used to say the only recipe I knew was three minutes on high. The daily meal maker gets no respect!

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,819 Member
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    edited March 2021
    M yes balusters or here hand rails can get pricey especially if wrought iron. If you can find a good handyman he could build one out of wood. It might be more resonable. Here railings are often code to prevent falls. I installed a short one on our step to the garage. I installed it into the wall. It makes a big difference in going down that step. We also changed the riser of the step. It was 12 inches and I could tell over time it would hurt me knees. We had installed 3" block on top of the concrete step so the rise became 9 and 9 rather than 6 and 12. I am strongly in favor of railings/balusters. If you present it as a safety issue you might have more luck getting the agency on board. Again the 12" riser was out of code. Now it is within code. Sometimes codes are a pain here but they often have safety behind them.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Windy day here. Went for a short walk. Still getting shin splints. This was so much easier when I was young!

Annie in Delaware
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Annie
    Are you wearing shoes that might prevent you from getting the shin splints? I made the mistake recently of walking in sock feet many times in the circle of my house and got very, very painful tendonitis in my achilles.

Carol in GA